Who is the most over-rated character in vidya and why is it this loser?

Who is the most over-rated character in vidya and why is it this loser?
>Soulsbabbies slobbering all over this generic moralfaggot knight
>He lost like a bitch to manus
>Couldn't even handle the abyss
>His girlfriend is an ugly edgelord
>couldnt save his stupid dog
>Broke his arm like a jabroni
>Gets btfo by some random unknown hollow who also wrecks his dog
>His sword is a piece of shit with gay anime flip attacks that will only ever connect against a blind retard
Hes a complete shitlord.

anyone that isn't human loses against th abyss
he saved his dog
implying that fighting with a broken are doesn''t make it even cooler
the random hollow killed everyone
these are all points worth arguing, but the sword is fucking awesome, the 1h flipping attack is exelent for the final blow, it hits 500+ delayed attack, AoE and scales with humanity

tl,dr
you are a faggot

Ornstein is objectively best Knight of Gwyn, but the bones of those who talk shit about Artorias should be used to feed the bonfires

He's sexy though.
Even sexier.

T. Soulscucks

when did Sup Forums became so fucking gay?

Smough will always be a knight to me.

When you showed up.

the only one that stayed, ornscucks on suicide watch

Why is this better

>he doesn't know

can't really disagree. Everyone in the game heralds him as some great legend when all his feats are done by the player. I'm actually curious if there's that many other characters like that

Artorias is a jobber

Vendrick is best

The reason I like Artorias is because a big part of his legend in DaS is actually from yourself, but in time everyone just attributed everything to him, so essentially you're Artorias. His helm, sword, wolf and girlfriend are all cool as fuck too so that's a plus.

He also lost after deciding to save his dog/friend instead of himself, like a real hero.

>Couldn't even handle the abyss
No one can except the player character

>His girlfriend is an ugly edgelord
We never see her face, so we can't tell if she's has an attractive face or not

>couldnt save his stupid dog
He did. Confirmed in the game.

>Broke his arm like a jabroni
And still a dangerous enemy like that

>Gets btfo by some random unknown hollow who also wrecks his dog
Player character, so it doesn't count. You might as well argue that he doesn't defy the laws of physics.

>His sword is a piece of shit with gay anime flip attacks that will only ever connect against a blind retard
No. And another thing cool about his sword is that it can kill ghost even without using Transient Curse.

>Hes a complete shitlord.
Who's legacy is even greater and more memorable than Gwyn's

I only like him because of Ciaran and the flips he does during the fight

this is now an Ornstein thread. Post best boy

People have hacked the game to see ciarans face. She looks like a rube.

He's cool cause of muh Guts. Too bad he's more of a failure than a struggling badass.

>girlfriend
user, artorias is a celebate hero or a furryhe's not interested in girls

Didn't you know, little goy, that Sup Forums makes people gay?

I mean, there isn't a single user in here that doesn't wake up every day wondering why he doesn't have a thick cock shoved in his mouth, cutting his air passage.

Gough>Ornstein=Artorias>Ciaran

>anyone that isn't human loses against th abyss
Where is this stated in the game? I must have missed it.

Didnt he actually get killed by Gwyn's firstborn?

If I remember right he left anor londo to search for the nameless king, perhaps to serve him. We dont know how he died.

No, he lost to MANUS because he's the FATHER OF THE ABYSS and he's SUPER STRONG and uses BLACK MAGIC and can kill ANY of the knights of Gwyn and--

oh, he got killed by a hollow? hm

>We never see her face, so we can't tell if she's has an attractive face or not
Hope you like cancer patients bruv.

this

LEL, this also means the ornstein we fought in dark souls 1 wasnt real either. So you fight a fake orstein and a depowered artorias.

The only real knight you fight was Ciaran and she is weak as shit.

she has the default female face retard

Which means she's ugly as sin.

doesn't make him any less of a best boy

Ivory King is the best character is the Souls series
>Warrior king of nation of renowned warriors
>Hears that demons and chaos are coming back and goes to fight them personally with his knights
>Kicks their asses and builds a city on top of them so they never get out
>Puts his throne right where the demons crawl out of the ground so he can personally kick their asses
>Spooky Manus abyss queen lady comes to ruin him but she can't and actually becomes a loyal wife
>In the end sacrifices himself to hold back the chaos because he's the only one badass enough to do it
Please nobody tops the Ivory King too bad his sword and armor look retarded.

90% of everything everyone knows about him is fictional or depiction of fiction on top of fiction and rewriting history the way he did in retrospect is one of the most monstrous things ever committed by the hands of man.

And all he ever really did, even in the games that star him, was run away like a bitch and make some joke strategy using wooden ox carts. And every game he features in, every body gets in line to suck his fake preeminent dick like it is a constant ego trip for the character and man, two thousand years eve into the future.

>implying that fighting with a broken are doesn''t make it even cooler
You mean edgy.

I agree, only edgy 12 years olds like Artorias. Babies who shouldn't touch Souls games in the first place. It's why we got the shitfest that DaS3 is.

Elizabeth tells you in the DLC that anyone without Dark in them ie: humanity has invariably succumbed to the Abyss. This can either mean anyone in possession of a fragment of the Dark Soul or actual literal humans. The latter makes more sense since the only thing that has ever returned from the Abyss alive and unchanged are humans like the player character and Witch Beatrice.

>Hating on Artorias
>Hating on the most based DS character ever created.
Go and off yourself my man

LMAO chicken leg shitter

Im sorry youre such an underage faggot user.

Only problem with his armor is the face, lightsaber a best.
Best king.

What about him is based
That he had a dog and got the shit kicked out of him?
He isn't even that hard of a fight

It could be all humans or it could just be undead humans. The "dark" Elizabeth is referring to could be the Dark Sign.

In reality, being undead is the only thing that gets the player character through half of the game's struggles. If Artorias just respawned at a bonfire after the abyss took him, maybe things would have turned out differently.

Do you think Ornstein is cool?
Well a crippled Artorias can kick the shit out of Ornstein if he wants, that alone makes him even more based.

Was the dusk of ooga booga nashandra?
I know Nash is based off manus's memory of Her, but is the dusk you can summon Nashandra?

Every Boss in every game gets the shit kicked out of them though user.

Artoria's was cool because it was melancholic fighting this supposed Gallant Knight as a broken mess.

What about my post makes me sound like I'm defending ornstein?
Besides, we've never seen ornstein at his full power. The O&S fight is an illusion by Gwendolyn

why is he so cool?
>inb4 underage faggot

Because he appeals to underage faggots like you.

You forgot the biggest thing of all

>Everyone gives him credit for everything you did in the DLC

In reality when people hype this guy up they are hyping themselves up as the player.

Bearer of the curse is better
>Actually defeats Chaos
>Becomes immortal and never hollows
>Actually seeks out a real solution beyond light and dark and the infinitely repeating cycles

>Can't climb over like 2 feet of rubble

He's a tragic hero, what's wrong with that?

He's a gigantic failure who didn't save a damn thing worth saving, not even himself.

He's not a hero, everything he supposedly did is what you did as the player. All he managed to do was get BTFO and take credit for what you did.

Hero of what
The only people who call him one are his allies, and even then it's probably out of respect.

Maria

>Everyone in the game heralds him as some great legend when all his feats are done by the player.
That was kind of the point.

>WORTH
>SAVING

Artoria's was known as the Abysswalker before the DLC.

DS3 explains Farron Knights follow in his footsteps by seeking out the Abyss.

Clearly, Artorias traveled the world before coming to fight Manus and was simply outmatched.

Sup Forums has always been a gay board. heterocucks not welcome.

I almost choked on my water reading this trife. This is great.

Didn't you save sif though

I loved DaS1 and I hated this shit.
The good thing about DaS was you exploring the aftermath of the Age of Fire. Getting to explore the legend of Artorias through fighting Sif was the good shit.

Whilst the DLC had some good areas and fights, overall I disliked it. DaS always had that kind of mysterious flow of time thing going on, but the way Oolacile was handled really just tore it to shreds.

The Artorias fight is nice and all, I don't think it would have been too out of place considering how bosses were handled in the base game, but the amount of emphasis on it was really annoying.

>Artorias is said to have traversed the abyss and survived
>player picks up Covenant of Artorias, which allows them to traverse the abyss and fight the Four Kings
>then the player goes back in time and learns that Artorias was actually corrupted by the abyss
>turns out the covenant ring is powered by the legend of Artorias, not by Artorias himself
That's actually really fucking cool.

As much as I love him, he's pretty shallow compared to most other characters in the series

>artorias
>based
He's shit tier at best. Literally any other NPC/summon/boss is cooler in every way.

Damn that sounds awesome

It just means they didn't bother giving her a face because you're not supposed to see it. Tons of npcs have the default face

You forgot Gough

justice for wei yan desu
also you can't post him when liu bei is even worse

you know how time consuming it is to make a good looking female face in a character maker, so why waste time on that if she has a mask on?

Objectively the best dark souls character
Also do we really need to make dark souls threads so obscure to avoid nioh webms now?

> Literally any other NPC/summon/boss is cooler in every way.

that's how I know that you are a contrarian with shit taste.

Gwendolyn is probably one of my favorite antagonists of all time.

Petrus is way better as a villain than Artorias is as a hero. That user is still correct.

But user, look at how cool his bowl cut and giant gut are. He's just like me, user.
Plus he hates women.
Top tier.

>anyone that isn't human loses against th abyss
>Bitch Gods like Gwyn trying to keep the Age of Fire going cause they realized their obsolete without it.
>Put out that stupid fire in DS3.

Lothric is cuter and better. Gwyndolin is still good, though.

Wew, this thread screams autism.

Guys, do you realize your favourite little NeoGAF approved shit games are nothing but unpolished turds and this fat fuck Miyazaki doesn't give a single shit about your lore?

>gwen
>antagonist

Best boy.

Petrus actually has a storyline and developing villainous nature. A lot more than fartorias lmaonade

>>Actually seeks out a real solution beyond light and dark and the infinitely repeating cycles
And judging by DaS3, failed completely.

>Giant wolf that tries to fucking slice you in half with a 40-foot sword for no fucking reason
Fuck Sif, shouldn't write checks his furry ass can't cash.

All I wanted was the stupid ring, I would have even brought it back when I was done with it. But noooooo, you have to be a giant (literally) dick and try to kill me without even so much as a howdy-do.

He wasn't a Knight though because the others didn't like his cannibalism.

That's smough
Gough was the royal noscoper

Sif is a dog, user.

Sometimes, dogs do things that are not very smart. That does not mean they are not good dogs.

Look at this suave motherfucker

no one, NO ONE is more mased than these two.

Gwyndolin is a perfect goddess(male), would worship

i never understood the hype for this guy

or manus

or the entire dlc

artorias is a wannabe guts who got his ass kicked by literally everything, failed at everything and goes down easy

manus is a mary sue only beaten because our character is an even bigger one.

oolacile is just some crappy little village full of hobos

I wish you could invite her back to Firelink Shrine.

>dog

Same.

Oh shit sorry.
I totally read that wrong.