Is the ps4 pro gonna be more powerful than my gtx 970 ?

Is the ps4 pro gonna be more powerful than my gtx 970 ?

was thinking of building my bro a pc for battlefield etc.. but if the ps4 is going to be more or slightly more powerful than my gtx 970 might as well get him a ps4 pro.

No.

Yea also 4k and 60 fps.

No, and you could just get a GTX 1050ti or 1060. Both are on par or even better than 970, with the 1060 actually being faster than even GTX 980!

Ps4 pro is not even more powerful than the ps4 without any updates. Games with multiplayer will be the same as ps4 to "not give an edge"

with singleplayer games is barely better than the 4, with multiplayer its no different

PS4 Pro will be upscaled 4K OR 60-ish fps at 1080p. Don't expect anything more.

He was being sarcastic

Bump.

I think you mean Autistic.

That too.

Why would it be?

The current ps4 was/is a rip off compared to PC (once online was factored in), there's no reason to expect the new one to suddenly be half the price or anything.

How's it a ripoff it's the current slim ps4 is only $300

Yes the ps4 has 4.2TB of computing power I dont think the 970 has anything near that

source ?

>4k and 60 fps.
or*

You're a fanboy and you don't even know the thing you're a fan of?

Because it's more expensive than a PC once online is factored in. Once you consider the cost of games the difference is massive

Fun fact, the lead architect for Sony has went on record to say that 8TF is the minimum required for 4k, the man who designed the system is saying the system isn't powerful enough.

>with the gtx970 you get slightly better graphics
>with the PS4pro you get a plethora of games you couldn't play before

Geeee, such a hard choice man.

>misinformed shitposter feels the need to chime in when he has no fucking clue what he's talking about, only to poison the well

why lie on the internet user?

If he's not got either, then he'll get far more games with PC. The "no games" thing is only said here since it's hard to prove/disprove.

The lead architect also opened his PS4pro presentation by saying it upscales. Native 4K on all AAA games will require more power, but he didn't create PS4pro for native 4K rendering in the first place, and never EVER said it did native 4K

But you are a fucking moron so no wonder you spout bullshit.

Oh yeah, I'm sure his brother has no PC whatsoever.

I mean, truly, you need a top of the line machine to play CSGO and LoL.

He could well only have a POS laptop, my first PC could only ""play"" minecraft at the shortest render at 15 fps.

>my first PC
>minecraft
>a 2010/11game

are you even 18?

I'm 18, I got my laptop when I was 12, and played minecraft about 14ish I think.

the PS4 pro is trash but ever since I heard about the Xbox Scorpio I basically figured I'd stop PC gaming. If Microsoft is gonna push power and graphics there's no reason for me to play on PC, it's an unreliable platform that doesn't get games on release (whether it be a day late or indefinitely late i.e. RDR2) and isn't as streamlined and comfy as consoles.

>the PS4 pro is trash
It isn't even out yet. Opinion discarded.

> but ever since I heard about the Xbox Scorpio I basically figured I'd stop PC gaming
The Scorpio is still a full year away. So I guess you aren't going to play any games until then, huh.

I admire your dedication as an Xbot. Fight for the cause, brotha!

not everything is a meme kiddo, I'll probably be getting both systems because I actually have a job. I have a 970 which will get me by till Scorpio comes out.

You are the meme, why are you accusing me of anything? You were the retard who said:
> ever since I heard about the Xbox Scorpio I basically figured I'd stop PC gaming.

That means that you stopped gaming on PC since E3 2016. So either fix your shitty writing, or do what you said.
You didn't say you'd stop once the Scorpio comes out, you talked in the past tense and the condition you set for not playing anymore was "hearing about the Scorpio", not "when Scorpio releases"

>any reason not to wait.
Your console doesnt add new games, it doesnt even update multiplayer or any game that decides not to patch itself. its a glorified slim (now with more ram). There is no reason to buy a pro unless you are a fanboy or didnt own the system. Scorpio so far is looking like the better buy if it can do more than what the scorpio and wont need patches. Pro said its competing against PC when its not even really better than the xbox

"I figured I would stop" differs pretty clearly from "I stopped". doesn't imply I've already done so

either learn to read or go back to r/ps4 you fucking sony cocksucker

his is perfectly fine with grammer. your just being retarded. both are correct. you just have no argument so you decide to misinterpret

You are the only blind fanboy here.

Scorpio is literally the same as PS4pro in every sense, except 30% more powerful (just like the PS4 is 30% more powerful than Xbone)

It WILL require patches for previous games to take advantage of it, much like PS4pro. Games released after Scorpio WILL require a little bit of extra work to run at its higher specifications, just like PS4pro. For the near future Scorpio will play all the same games the Xbone does and nothing more, just like the PS4pro (of course once this gen is over Scorpio will transition into getting games the Xbone can't run, but that's still 3-4 years into the future)

Tell me, how would a game be automatically better on the Scoprio without the dev intervening? How do you even think that would happen? Black magic? For the next half decade games will still be made with Xbone/PS4 as the base since the vast majority of the market will own those instead of the mid-gen upgrades - so yes, both PS4pro and Scorpio will need patches to run games at higher native resolutions / better graphics / improved framerates.

No, you decided to misinterpret.

I read it correctly.

>his is perfectly fine with grammer.
lol

im not a fanboy, both are just shitty PCs with some exclusives. Scorpio doesnt emulate an xbone. their games actually include scaling unlike the ps4

> Scorpio doesnt emulate an xbone. their games actually include scaling unlike the ps4
What the fuck are you even talking about?

The PS4pro doesn't emulate the PS4 either, it IS a PS4, it runs all of its games natively, even those that aren't patched. Where did you even hear this emulation shit? So fucking weird.

> their games actually include scaling unlike the ps4
Ok it's pretty obvious you are tech illiterate but still try your best to win an argument.
A 360 upscales to 4K, a PS4 upscales to 4K, any game ever upscales to the monitor's size. What the fuck are you going on about?
Scorpio will not render games at 4K or with better graphics/framerates unless told to. Devs still need to patch their games to take advantage of Scorpio's hardware, jsut the same as PS4pro.

Scorpio is basically going to be a slightly more powerful ps4 pro just like a ps4 is slightly better than an xbox one

No it isn't, the PS4 Pro and Scorpio are fucking leagues apart. 4.2tf vs 6tf isn't even close

Yes. It's roughly the same 30% difference too, only this time reversed.

Just like right you get the same game at 1080p on PS4 and 900p on Xbone (or PS4 at 900p and Xbone at 720p), you'll see the PS4pro at 1800p and Scorpio at 2160p (AKA 4K)

That's not leagues appart.

PS4pro = Xbone right now
Scorpio = PS4 right now

If you are fine playing multiplat games on the Xbone today, so you know how the difference from PS4pro and Scorpio will be. You don't seem to mind the slightly shittier resolution compared to PS4, so why would PS4pro owners mind it compared to Xbone?

Anyway the difference is only relevant if you actually have a 4K TV. On 1080p TVs both systems will be wonderful with supersampling, it'll be equal to our eyes.

Only way microsoft is going to achieve that is by pricing the console more. Only way its getting 6tf is being at least $100 more than the pro. Sony good at pushing most power out per buck. $400 ps4 lauch and it was more powerful than the $500 xbox1. Pro won't be as powerful as the scorpio, but sony will have an entire year on it and be cheaper overall. This is like x360 and ps3 release all over again. Microsoft fucked up waiting and not trying to save themselves by releasing this year. They are already far behind as it is.

what the fuck are you smoking. xbox1s is not comparable to the ps4pro. xbox1s still isn't even as powerful as the ps4s. The pro and scorpio are at different levels from xbox1s an ps4s.

I have a 4k TV, but I don't believe it's HDR compatible, and I know all the PS4's are getting a HDR update, does this really matter? Are the games going to be upscaled to 4k, or is it only the HDR that's going to make the games look better?

Some games will run at high resolutions, I think some they showed so far were running at ~1600p and getting scaled from there.

HDR is a bigger difference to be honest but there's not many TVs with good HDR support at the moment, lots of "HDR" tvs aren't actually meeting the real standards for brightness differences.

So does it even pay to get the Ps4 pro? I mean I have someone lined up to buy my Ps4, so I'll only be paying about 150 out of pocket for it, but if my TV doesn't have HDR, and not every game is going to be 4k upscaled, those are really the only two features right? I mean if it played 4k blurays id give it a plus... but yeah. I'm playing Skyrim on the Ps4 right now, I would really like that to be 4k upscaled.

What a fucking retard, you have absolutely no reading comprehension. I'll just stop replying, not worth the headache

I was comparing the power difference you see today between the Xbone and PS4 to the power difference you'll see a year from now with the PS4pro and Scorpio.

Scorpio is 30% more powerful than the PS4pro,
PS4 is 30% more powerful than Xbone
The difference you'll see between the Scorpio and PS4pro is the exact same you see today between the two we have, only the roles are reversed with the Scorpio being on top.

If you STILL don't get it I... just... damn. I feel sorry for ya m8.

Both will make the games look better. One will make the games look sharper and the other will expand the color range and contrast levels. You'll still benefit from the sharper image.

I don't know how the guy didn't understand you. You were pretty clear with what you meant.

No, it won't.

Nope.

Also when are the next batch of intel CPUs coming out?

I wanna replace my i5-3570.

PS4 games are already running in 1080p60fps.

PS4 has always only been limited by the CPU which means the game logic is what is limiting the framerate to 30fps.

They then take the slower frametime and up the graphics as they have quite a few cycles available after that.

PS4Pro has the same CPU upclocked so you might get some singleplayer games upped to 60fps but most likely they will just run more solidly and have even better graphics/resolution.

However you have been misinforming everyone by saying it will only do upscaled 4k. this is false.
PS4Pro will do native 4k for select titles and then it will do 1800p checkerboard rendered to 4k.
The image quality will be significantly better even on a 1080p screen. Same goes for things like anisotropic filtering, shadowmaps and draw distances.

t.gamedev

You'll get better framerates in some games but that's about it, get one if you have the money to burn, get a base model if you don't/

FFXV on the Pro can't even run at 30 FPS all the time.

source ?

The same trade show it overheated at. Overheating isn't an issue since they always put those consoles in barely ventilated boxes, but all you need to do is actually watch all the footage.

It was not a pro.