With the way our experience curve works right now...

>With the way our experience curve works right now, players can move quickly through the first 23 levels of each promotional tier (1-23, 101-123, 201-223, etc). This is because when a player is promoted every 100 levels, the experience curve essentially resets. While this reset has worked pretty well so far, it’s also encouraged some people to stop playing the game altogether once they’re promoted—the goal of this being to save those first 23 levels specifically for seasonal events. To help address this, the experience needed for all post-promotion levels (i.e. any level after 100) is now a consistent 20k and will no longer reset.

How does it feel supporting a company that admits to being literal kikes?

Other urls found in this thread:

playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20335231
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's how it feels

i dunno OP
but why are you so assdevastated?

going into competitive and i'm exclusively playing 1 hero

i'm thinking junkrat but anyone have suggestions? S76, symmetra, mei, tracer, pharah are all fine too. pretty much as long as they don't take much skill and aren't support.

Done

>people still play mobawatch
really makes you think

did they even bother saying anything about Sombra?
or is it still just a giant middle finger?

>lets encourage people not to quit playing
>by being kikes and encouraging them stop playing
great strategy blizzards.

But your leveling up faster than before, just not for the first 23 levels after the first tier.

>5 levels away from a reset

Yeah get fucked blizz

I didn't want to play this shit game anyway

man, what I wouldn't give for a refund

So are you going to post a source of what?

google it

why should anyone care level doesn't mean or affect anything

After the 23rd level the required amount of XP needed was 22k, now it's 20k. So essentially you gain a free level every 11 levels. This isn't fair at all. You still have to grind and getting boxes will be even more of a pain now that it won't reset.

It's almost as if Blizzcon is this weekend

>MFW I abused this for the Halloween event
>mfw I got every purple and the mercy skin.

Actually its overall faster than before, you just don't get free ones at one time. How is this unfair?
You save 9000 XP with this change

fuck you blizzard apologists

Way to ruin your own thread you dumb lazy retard.

>playing for skins

This is on the PTR, but it will undoubtedly make it to the live servers.

Learn how to use google, you fucking babby.

Because they are deliberately making it harder for players to get loot boxes and encouraging the players to buy them with real money.

Feels alright, I got my $40 worth but I don't plan on returning.

>Played 95 levels
>Thinks he's entitled for a refund

holy shit kill yourself

What gave you that idea? I said I would love to have a refund, not that I'm entitled to one in any way.

Fucking moron.

You had better fucking be kidding me OP

I endeavored the entire Halloween event not only to get a witch skin, but also to set my promotion up for fast Christmas boxes. I went from 59 to 95 in two weeks and I burnt out somewhere around 75. But it was gonna be worth it when I got 23 fast chances at Mei's Christmas miniskirt

Please just say you've got no source

Wow it's like they don't want to encourage people not to play the game how evil of a devoloper.

>doesn't know how to use google
>calling others a dumb lazy retard

How's welfare treating ya?

this isn't my thread, I'm just telling you to quit being lazy.

If i need lootboxes i just buy them no problem. This event i spent about 90 bucks

I've love a refund on every game I've played and completed but I'm not a communist so

This
>We want people to play our game, so we changed this which actually saves XP

>Fuck you Blizz I wanna stop playing it then come back to cheat the system

>encouraged some people to stop playing the game altogether once they’re promoted

Considering that my friend stopped playing once he hit level 100 at the end of the Halloween event (he already had everything he wanted from it) because he wanted to save those levels for Christmas, this sounds like a good change.

playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20335231

Cry more, Mei shitter.

>caring about skins

?

>tease a character for months
>make an ARG
>it's just a series of timers telling us that they're going to show it off at blizzcon
>pictures of the character are leaked regardless
Nice job Blizzard you damn failures.

>being so bad at a game you can't level up 90~ times in about 5-6 weeks

>people in the comments bitching about how Roadhog is overpowered
>fucking Roadhog

>Please announce a major addition to your game in a forum post on a random Wednesday instead of at the literally largest event you do nearly every year with high production value trailers etc.

It evens itself out.

Leveling post-23 requires 23000exp

Now all levels will require 20000exp

OP, calm down.

>takes overall the same amount of xp to get a promotion
>just stretched evenly out so some players don't get punished for playing the game instead of saving their promotion for an event

Why is OP always a faggot?

like they give a single shit about people quiting
they give a shit about people getting 23 holiday loots boxes easy instead of buying them

blizzard need to rounded up and gassed

Classic blizzard kikery

>only plays during events
You are cancer and I can't wait for this to go live so I can drink your delicious tears.

>To help address this, the experience needed for all post-promotion levels (i.e. any level after 100) is now a consistent 20k and will no longer reset.
Motherfucker. I'm 3 levels away and decided to stop to wait for the Sombra shit that was sure to pop off. Fucking bitches.

>The total experience required to gain 100 levels after a promotion is roughly unchanged, however. In addition, the total experience required to earn your first 100 levels (before your first promotion) has been slightly reduced.

>literally nothing changes
>underage kids start crying "JEWS JEWS JEWS"

you so funny Sup Forums

>They're doing it so people buy more boxes

no they did it because people that continuously play the game get punished when an event arrives with limited skins and are at lvl 50 in contrast to people who saves their promotion for the event.

you need just as much xp for a promotion as before, maybe even less

>WAAH BLIZZSHILL

yeah I play literally just one of their games I love that company! buy Blizzard games now!

>players aren't playing the game so that they get get cheap boxes
>they want people to play the game they bought
>so they change how the exp works
DAILY REMINDER THAT LOOTBOXES LITERALLY CHANGE NOTHING ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY

yeah. i mean who really cares about blizzcon? at least tell people you're gonna reveal her there so maybe theyll watch your piece of shit event

>Has the ability to kill other heroes
>As a fucking tank

No shit he's overpowered. Tanks should have ways to survive, not one-hit-kill anyone who gets in their line of sight.

This wouldn't be such a bad idea if blizzard at least had enough content in the game to keep it going or at least made the item system better ot the point where people wouldn't be mad about getting 3 dupes and an icon after playin numerous shit maps consecutively.

Roadhog is perfect on paper.
But the issue is it's just too fucking easy to land the hook

People who care about skins and loot boxes are equally as cancerous as Blizzard.

My only issue with him is that he can hook+shoot to 1hko a winston and that his hook hitbox is really wonky. Otherwise, any nigga standing outside his hook range can fill his hoghole with lead. Its especially egregious if you can juke the hook.

>Blizzard thinks this is the reason people stop playing

Yeah its just a coincidence that after a event ends there's nothing to do but grind MMR points in the SHIT matchmaking.

Nah, people stop playing because they're "Saving" a level boost. Whatever jews.

>got all skins except reaper and junkrat
>all highlight intros
>loads of sprays
>played for 1-2 boxes a day, taking turns with my gf
>bought the shit I wanted with ingame money

Don't get mad at people who buy boxes.
sombra and ana would've costed money without them.

>1shot a winston
proof?

It's a 2-3 hit minimum on almost every hero

it's always retards that complain about this shit

Try not getting hooked dipshit, problem solved

What's that? You don't know how to dodge? Try pressing the A key or the D key, either one is pretty good.

I know as a bastion and hanzo main you don't really know how to play, but pressing your movement keys helps alot.

I've been one-shot by a Roadhog as a Winston while I had 415hp. Shit was mad gay. Perfect alt+fire headshot.

>People still defend this company

i played reaper mostly and it worked up to 70 but then you start to get people who play into the meta. It's difficult to face McRee when his ranged damage is so high but easy to bait him into throwing a flashbang in close range fights.

Your post is hidden from me because of your name, I probably filtered you.

Hook + alt headshot. I've had it happen a few times, but I shouldn't have been playing Winston against a shotgun user anyway. It feels really bad to have your tank get wrecked in 1 hit.

>Walk behind wall
>Get hooked and re centered just for his convenience thanks to the patch
>Die
>WOOOOW JUST DODGE

Overcuck fanboys are such retards.

Are you aware that the altfire only does like 50 damage if it doesn't reach it's minimum range?

You got hooked before you got behind the wall, idiot.

You missed a part.
>The total experience required to gain 100 levels after a promotion is roughly unchanged, but the total experience required to earn the first 100 levels (before the first promotion) has been slightly reduced.

*I got hooked behind a wall
ftfy

I bet you main Mei to.

i play roadhog a lot and I never 1 shitted a Winston.

I may be just bad but I want video or math proof

so you play this game or just watch videos?

>alt headshot
Wanna know how I know you're full of shit. His alt fire only does 50 damage if it doesn't travel far enough to detonate (so 100 damage if it was a headshot {minus the 5 assuming it was hitting armor hit points}) you would have only taken 95 damage. You absolutely have no idea what you're talking about.

>get hooked
>walk behind a wall

You seem to be trying to imply that roadhog threw his hook straight through the wall, but really you're just a laggy shitter who can't dodge for shit.

So has anyone actually made an argument for why this is a bad thing or is this thread just an excuse for frogposters to shitpost?

I was mistaken and it was the regular fire, my bad. I think I mistook it for the altfire because the altfire is wonky as shit with how much damage it does. I assure you I've been fuckled something fierce from full HP though.

maybe he alt fired right before the hook

>...and let's just tease and annoy the fuck out of everyone with shitty ARGs.
Fuck Blizzard and their Jew Wizards.

Well then, looks like this game is about to be shelved for good. I did this just for the halloween content and was about to start it all over again in anticipation of whatever comes next but now that its not gonna work I'm kinda done with the game.

Mei Christmas skin predictions? I'll be kinda mad if it's Mrs. Claus or an elf or something.

>Have 75mbps up and down
>Get hooked by Roadhog while behind a wall
>Die

t. Mei/Roahhog """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""main"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

i hope they take her coat off so i cann prove that she isnt fat

just get good
deflect as genji, peek abo so he cd's his hook, get shieled by zarya or shield with zarya

>maximum damage for any single shot by roadhog is 225
>I've totally been oneshot at 500hp you guise i swer

It's 100% chance you just had low hp or took more than one shot

>being this assmad he can't dodge correctly

Wew how's life in Silver man?

.....bait?

>just get good
>deflect
yeah use the most talentless move in the videogame next to the flashbang
you're good, i promise

That's how much internet can travel through your wire at once; it's your ping you should be worried about (the speed at which internet travels to and from you), since video game multiplayer typically relies on a lot of tiny packets vs few big packets

You're not wrong about getting hooked through walls though. It doesn't happen incredibly often, but I've definitely seen it with my own eyes via the kill cam. The hook is very very forgiving on Roadhog's end

It's fucked me up several times versus Roadhog's tire too; often times I'll Winston jump away from it, only to die at the apex of my jump, then the kill cam shows the tire blowing up in my face while I was on the ground. You just have to brush off these occasional fuckstances

>Implying I haven't already uninstalled after season highing at 2800
kek I'm not braindead I learned how retarded this game is took a break off from S1 and returned for S2 to try the new "balance" its shit and so is this casual party game for the whole family only literal autist think it takes skill.

headshot multiplier + hook damage + melee animation cancel damage

ggez

>I'd rather get hooked than be smart
I love when figs like you talk yourself into a spiral of embarrassment. Smug anime faces to hide how aggravated you are, are just proof of your salty ass.

Thank god I only paid 24 bucks for this shit. I haven't given blizzard a dime and never will. I only came back for the Halloween event and after 22 crates only got 4 halloweens outfits and nowhere near enough coins to get the ones I wanted.

>1 shot
The day user couldn't even count to three
Why aren't you making money on tournaments then if it's so easy?

>no they did it because people that continuously play the game get punished when an event arrives with limited skins and are at lvl 50 in contrast to people who saves their promotion for the event.

If you really believe that this change was targeted at anything other than your wallet, you are naïve. If Blizzard was releasing boxes that you can spend the currency on, on a regular basis, this change wouldn't have needed to happen. But people are gaming the system for the boxes instead of grinding them like they should be. Need to have that "Buy Boxes Now" button visible as much as possible. And when people just skip from event to event, there's no visibility. This is a purely financial change, through and through.

user that was my first post
all i'm saying is pressing e or q doesn't equal skill.

I don't have any video, but we can work through the math. From what I understand, headshots do double damage. Road Hoge's primary does 9 per pellet, 25 pellets, at close range, plus 30 for the hook. This is potentially 30 + 18(25), which is 1200 potential damage assuming he lands a perfect headshot where every pellet hits. However, Winston has 100 armour HP in addition to his 400. Armour reduces damage by half, but by no more than 5 per shot. So this is how I think it works. So each pellet that hits armour will do 13 if headshot, and 18 otherwise.

Hook hits Winston, -25 HP. 75/100 400/400

Headshot Winston, First 6 pellet do 13 and the rest do full damage. So we need 6 pellets plus 22 to finish Winston.

This is more pellets than Roadhog has per shot, so assuming all pellets hit Winston from a headshot, he'd be left with 80~ HP. So he can't be 1 shot normally, but if the Hoge is boosted by Mercy or the Winston discorded, it'd be very possible for him to get 1 hit. All numbers I took from the overwatch wiki.

Did the math, with the new system it actually takes about 8500 LESS XP to get 100 boxes after the first 100 levels. So all boxes being equal, the new system is better. However, not all boxes are equal. The limited nature of the event boxes makes them more 'valuable'. Since no one outside of 12+ hour a day OverNEETs has the time to level up 100 times during a single event in order for the XP change to balance back in their favor, the idea of getting 20 boxes easily during an event by saving a prestige for that point helped to counteract some of the limited-time-event-jewishness. So yeah, it sucks if your prestiging doesn't line up with an event, but the limited time only boxes suck harder, and this thread is in reality just a proxy-war against limited time only boxes.

Maths time.
Winston has 400 hp, and 100 armor.
Roadhog hooks the winston dealing 25 damage(30 - the 5 from hitting armor)
Winston has 400 hp, and 75 armor.
Roadhog point blank blasts winston in the face with his scrap gun dealing (assuming all 25 pellets are headshots) 325 damage (450 damage - the 5 damage reduction per pellet due to hitting his armor)
Winston has 150 hp, and 0 armor.
Roadhog melees winston dealing 30 damage
Winston has 120 hp, and 0 armor.

Unless I've miscalculated the armor reduction amounts, it souldn't be possible to kill a winston with the standard 123 roadhog combo. Of course, you could always test it out in a custom game but i cant be that bothered, honestly.

Neither does pressing any other button

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST
SKILL CONFIRMED TO BE MYTH

SKILL DOES NOT EXIST

>made event skins buyable with ingame money
>totally after your wallet
Nah I don't buy it.

It's because peoole who actually played the game were punished for it. now it's even.

People who don't want to buy boxes don't buy them. Period.

But look at the threads:
Tons of Weak faggots bought them at the first day of the event (I hope you see how stupid that is). You're implying people that buy are smart but they're not.

All the patch did was to even the odds between lootbox grinders.

the actual combo starts with another primary/secondary fire shot animation canceled into the hook so add in however much for that

>tfw dodged
post yours