Hello, /v. I am a game developer with Bethesda Softworks in MA...

Hello, /v. I am a game developer with Bethesda Softworks in MA. Many of you have been wondering and speculating about the status of the upcoming Elder Scrolls title (and other two titles we're working on) and I am here to spill the beans. For security reasons (obviously) I will not state my name. I am merely an employee that feels the world has waited too long for another ES title since Skyrim's release.

Usually we release ES titles in increments of 5-6 years but due to us working on Fallout 4 and Skyrim Special Edition (which we used as filler for fans to wait for ES, and we needed the money). But this new title we're working on will be released much later (Think more winter 2019) . The reason for this is that our programmers are working on a new, revolutionary engine. Since the advent of The Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition, we feel that the general gaming public will have far higher expectations now for our next games and rightfully so. We already have the lore, concept, mechanics, art, and plot conceived but have not yet begun working on the game itself.

I will tell you what I know:

1. The game will not take place in Tamriel. It will take place on the continent of Akavir. When you first start the game, you will create a default player character and decide between all the Tamrielic races and the new Akaviri races.

2. If you choose a Tamrielic race, you end up starting as a slave on a pirate's ship when events conspire and you end up shipwrecked on the shores of Septimia, a long lost Imperial fort on the shores of Akavir.

3. If you choose an Akaviri race you end up starting in your racial homeland. But this time we allowed players to choose the character's history: you could be a vagaband, a noble, a soldier, or a person in prison, or the vanilla option and your beginning story, the way people treat you, and your equipment will change depending on your choice. We took inspiration from 'Live Another Life" mod from Skyrim but this is that on steroids.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethesda_Softworks
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethesda_Game_Studios
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck you

So. I don't care about elder scrolls, but I'm really interested in the other two titles. Mind spilling the beans user?

Learn your fucking state abbreviations, shitposter

t. Marylander

>Akaviri instead of Redguard

gay

I want sword nukes

Post proof you work for Bethesda.

Going to Akavir would be cool as hell but they wouldn't do it because the casual Skyrim audience doesn't even know what Akavir is

Sorry, since Sup Forums's posting system only allows a certain amount of words I'll continuously post these leaks as comments:

4. Game is set 350 years after Skyrim

5. Technology has improved to the point where steam and magic are able to fuel machines (much like the dwemer). City architecture is much more modernized in Cyrodiil and anywhere else.

6. Third person combat will be GREATLY improved. Third person mode will implement fast, skill based combat akin to Dark Souls

7. No longer would you need to go into the menu and switch magic spells, use potions, or quickly switch weapons. We now have a hotbar (like an MMO) which will allow players to quickly switch between spells and weapons or use potions with the number keys.

8. You will meet Morrowind's Nerevarine in Akavir. He is alive and well. I won't spoil the rest

9. We're planning on making cities much more numerous and larger this time, with more voice actors and NPC's than ever before.

10. Animation will be greatly improved. Climbing is now a feature (you will need a special item for this)

11. Several new classes (Warden, Monk, Duelist, Beastmaster, Cabalist, etc)

What proof? My face and get fired?

MD, not MA. No need to get angry over a typo

Initially we thought of that but it was scrapped. The Elder Scrolls' prophecies would make alot more sense in Akavir with the Nerevarine present

>8. You will meet Morrowind's Nerevarine in Akavir. He is alive and well. I won't spoil the rest

Stopped reading there, you going full fanfiction from here, mate.

Employee badge or something showing you work for Bethesda & time stamp would suffice.

Otherwise, we are not inclined to believe you.

>8. You will meet Morrowind's Nerevarine in Akavir. He is alive and well. I won't spoil the rest

I bet Emil did this

Believe what you want to. The Neravar has achieved something equivalent to immortality will either be ally or enemy depending on what you do in the game. But he is not the antagonist. That's something we're still working on

How does that hack still have a job? Oh right,
>Todd's college buddies

This reeks of bullshit so hard I don't even.

>which we used as filler for fans to wait for ES, and we needed the money
>The game will not take place in Tamriel. It will take place on the continent of Akavir. When you first start the game, you will create a default player character and decide between all the Tamrielic races and the new Akaviri races.

Ahahaha yeah nah.

12. Land will be much more varied and bigger this time. You will have lush jungles with aztec-like ruins, hot deserts, volcanic areas, green forests, dark swamps, open green plains, mountains, and snow areas. And there are areas completely underwater with our new underwater races

>STEAMPUNK DARK SOULS WITH MMO HOTBARS

yeah nah fuck that.

>City architecture is much more modernized in Cyrodiil
Thought it didn't take place in Tamriel? Keep your shit straight.

Ur a newfag with no concept of how the franchise works

PLEASE READ these

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethesda_Softworks

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethesda_Game_Studios

Please make it multiplayer, with dancing emotes. I'm a huge fan of Elder Scrolls and I really love Bethesda for their games, including every Fallout.

Good job ruining Fallout AND Elder Scrolls

fucking faggot

What is reading comprehension?

Lore wise, yes everything is much more modernized but you will NOT go to see them

Hello Sup Forums I am actually a Bethesda Softworks developer in MA. This one is a fraud, I am here to spill beans. The next elder scrolls will be a elder scrolls arena remake for the ouya and apple devices.

Irrelevant to the OP but I was once heavily involved in the Morrowind modding community and in an IRC chat some guy who was a big modder at the time told me the game after Oblivion was going to be Skyrim

I always took it for granted and in the various threads we had on Sup Forums about the sequel to Oblivion I always told people it's definitely going to be Skyrim.

Then again maybe it was dumb luck, it's not like there's that many provinces to choose from.

> Believe what you want to

ah the famous bullshit phrase when someone is obviously lying..

>Akaviri
Already false

It has new classes guys!

>Implying class has meant anything at all beyond a named preset of marked skills outside of ESO

Guess shills can now impersonate employees to get some early hype building.

Yes, and that's part why normies keep buying Skryim and Fallout, Bethesda Soft. publishing game from actual studios, normies think Bethesda is actually good developer, buy their shit from Bethesda GS.

>5. Technology has improved to the point where steam and magic are able to fuel machines (much like the dwemer). City architecture is much more modernized in Cyrodiil and anywhere else.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
AH AHAHAHAHAH!
>Steam and magic fuel machines
You are a "bethesda" dev and you don't know how Dwemer machinations work? It's Tonal Architecture you faggot, it's not actual steam machines, it's reality warping fixed with different physical applications that break law of conservation of mass mixed with soul magic.

stop making glitchy broken games and maybe i'll buy them until then goodbye

I dont care about elder scrolls. Just tell tango to make an evil within sequel asap. please

>The Neravar has achieved something equivalent to immortality
You don't know shit about lore you fucking faggot.
Nerevarine did not "achieve" something equivalent to Immortality, Nerevarine in Morrowind is already immortal because his cells fully fused with Corprus and at the same time all the negative effects got removed.

Nerevarine is basically Alex Mercer of Elder Scrolls, I would not be surprised if he can make constructs out of his flesh in lore.

>You are a "bethesda" dev and you don't know how Dwemer machinations work? It's Tonal Architecture you faggot, it's not actual steam machines, it's reality warping fixed with different physical applications that break law of conservation of mass mixed with soul magic.

You actually managed to out-fag OP. And no, Kirkbride fanfiction is not lore.

yo are you guys going to let anyone do a fallout inbetween now and fallout 5 like you did with new vegas?

Simple lore question that any Bethesda developer should know.

Why did Arniel disappear when he hits a warped tonal resonator in Skyrim, why can he be summoned as a shade and what other previous game is that a nod to?

It's ingame you cuck.
Tonal Architecture is fully ingame both in titles of Dwemer tonal architects, in several journals that speculate on how it works and in quests that explore dwemer dungeons, as well as several nods to it in Main Quest.
Arniel's Endeavor is a whole fucking quest where you literally do tonal architecture, literally you have to warp a soulgem into a tonal resonator AND IT IS CALLED THAT.

Please fuck off.

FUCK, you faggots got me. Here I was writing this all up and thinking this post would be the next big thing and you autists tore it asunder. Good job. Maybe I should've posted on Reddit or Neogaf

>1. The game will not take place in Tamriel. It will take place on the continent of Akavir.

Not that I believed for a second that OP wasn't full of shit, but this is my "fuck you" point. No way in hell would Bethesda take us off Tamriel for a main part of the game

Fake & gay.

Literally written like a fan fic. GTFO

>. You will meet Morrowind's Nerevarine in Akavir.
That's when you blew it

In three years I'm going to make a thread about this.

Next time do a little more research on what you're writing, there where some key points in your post that gave you away.

> posting it on Reddit
It'll be completely wasted there, you'd never get enough up votes for people to see it, at least here people see it regardless of failure.

>Hello, /v. I am a game developer with Bethesda Softworks in MA
You stupid motherfucker.

You fucked up.

The state code for Maryland is MD, not MA.

Confirmed fake.

im todd howard

>Usually we release ES titles in increments of 5-6 years but due to us working on Fallout 4 and Skyrim Special Edition
> Skyrim Special Edition
sorry im going to have to stop you there your larping is terrible . bethesda maintains that the special edition was actually done before fallout 4 was done back when the legendary patch was finished

they have stated they didnt releases it since the consoles couldnt handle it with volumetric light and it would have been basically a fuck you to a portion of the fans since only the pc could handle it at the time

since its basically a contrast adjustment through a shader with volumetric light difference for the pc release since the textures are no better for the pc but way better for the console since they had like 256 textures and shit i can believe bethesda on this

daily reminder that autists generally have a higher IQ.

Humanity is fucking wasted, we are the last bastion of hope for the future.

>Bethesta
>New Engine

Fuck you for getting my hopes up.

>Animation will be greatly improved.

I don't believe you.

---

Fuck off, there was a thread like this yesterday. Except it stated complete opposite of what you are saying.

Kindly, fuck off with your bait.

---

In daggerfall, the opening scene flies past a bookshelf, and the row of books it goes by all start with "the elder scrolls:" and following that text is the name of the games in order, arena through skyrim, on 5 books, then theres a 6th book thats hard to read, but i think it was the bosmer or nigger homeland. thats probably how he knew. they might deviate from that last title, but its kinda doubtful