If we talk only about souls games, DaSIII is the best, and that's a fact

If we talk only about souls games, DaSIII is the best, and that's a fact

>best gameplay by far
>god tier movesets
>not a single bad boss, they vary from very good to stellar, with only crystal sage being average
>best hitboxes
>best enemy AI
>best level design
>god tier soundtracks
>god tier quests

Sure it's linear as shit, but so is bloodborne and it's the best soulsborne game. Also linear=/= bad. And that doesn't mean DaS or DaS2 are bad, all soulsborne games are masterpieces, but DaSIII and Bloodborne are just slightly above.

Dark Souls 1 had the best lore of any souls game and set the precedence for this game to follow. It is hard to compare them because Dark Souls 3 may have fixed many of the problems of 1 but did so by building on top of 1, not to mention it had 5 extra years of technical development to work with.

There's nothing special about DaS3 though, only slight improvements in certain areas.
>DeS kicked it all off
>DaS had an interconnected world
>Bloodborne mixed up the combat and drastically altered the setting

Sequels in this series just aren't as interesting as the originals.

>Sequels in this series just aren't as interesting as the originals.
You are entirely right, but I'm talking about quality, not originality. DaS3 is literally an upgraded vesion of DaS, just without the world connectivity.

It may not be your favorite, it may not be original, but it's the best.

>best gameplay by far

nah

rollspam is not good gameplay

>it may not be the best but it's the best

There's more to these games than the sum of their parts, you're acting like the game with the most checked boxes is automatically the best, id rather play a game in the series with a unique world, that has me intrigued as I explore it rather than "muh cycles, everything just repeats itself, remember this from DaS1!?"

It's COD with straight swords. Literally the worst.

>best gameplay by far
correct
>god tier movesets
correct
>not a single bad boss, they vary from very good to stellar, with only crystal sage being average
incorrect, there are several bad ones
>best hitboxes
correct
>best enemy AI
correct
>best level design
incorrect, DaS1 is better
>god tier soundtracks
correct
>god tier quests
correct

It's the most safe, insipid game in the series and weapon arts are useless

>incorrect, DaS1 is better
DaS has a stellar WORLD design and a stellar WORLD connectivity, and that's his biggest plus, and why people remember it.

But if you take each level individually, and look at all the hidden stuff, the shortcuts, the looping, they are of higher quality than in DaS3.

correct

i agree with all of this but i just feel its missing so much of what made das1 special. it feels very empty, a lot of enemies are just the same thing but with more stats. they did really good, but i feel like it just falls short in almost every category. it feels like a chore to play ds3.

Did they ever fix the bullshit shortsword hitbox?

DaS1 is still way more enjoyable to play. Even with the shitty port and basically mandatory mod.

>dark souls
>quests
did we play the same game?

Nah, going back to DS1 is painful after BB and DS3

i'm not sure, there are several NPC quests throughout all DS games that get you rewards?

>god tier movesets
For the most part, any Bloodborne weapon is more fun than every Dark Souls 3 weapon.

Also
>best level design
>Sure it's linear as shit

>Not a single bad boss
>Dragon fight where you literally just run an obstacle course to deliver a 1HKO

>best enemy AI

How about the game forcing you be either a dex shitter or other ranged character because enemies move as fast as they do in bloodborne?

Strength builds are useless in DS3 because the enemy has landed 3 hits on you and staggered you by the time you've swung your arm back because poise doesn't real.

hahaha

im sorry user but his has never been more relevant,

GIT
FUCKING
GUD

>poise shitters

>Bad game design locks you out of build choices
>defending this

You fucking memers ruined the series.

The NPC storylines like Anri, Yoel, le onion guy, etc...

It's a meme fight, but the setting and the gimmick makes it enjoyable. Especially when it leads to Nameless King.

I've only played strength builds and it just werks.

The game is way harder than DaS, enemies are more aggressive, hit harder, have a more diverse moveset, and bosses are Bloodborne tier of well designed aswell as being perfectly adapted to the souls gameplay.

You're literally complaining because the game is too hard for you.

Alright, taking the bait but whatever:
>best gameplay by far
Being able to roll 11 times in a row from base stamina and also being able to R1 spam everything to death with straight swords is certainly not the best gameplay From has to offer
>god tier movesets
No powerstancing, shitty dual weapons, shared weapon arts on most weapons, etc.
>not a single bad boss
Ancient Wyvern, Wolnir, Crystal Sage, Deacons, Gravetender. Arguably Aldritch and Tree if you dislike arrows and specific hitzones.
>best hitboxes
Maybe, but enemies can hit you through walls and fog gates, which I'm pretty sure didn't happen in 1 at least
>best enemy AI
Is it any different from the AI in other souls games? Some enemies being able to shield bash to prevent circle strafing is nice though.
>best level design
Aside from being almost completely linear, except if you can kill a mid/late game boss early, and even then you get gated from the end of the path if you haven't done the rest of the game. And the areas that aren't linear are cancerous (Farron Keep springs to mind).
>god tier soundtracks
I actually agree with this one. Definitely some of the best music in the souls series.
>god tier quests
The only real decent one was Seigward, and he trivialises an already trivial boss if you do his questline.

It's still a good game, but the linearity and cutting of some of DS2s better ideas really made it feel like it was lacking.

>literally nothing original: the game

Dark Souls 3 loses because of this alone. Everything in it is either ripped directly from, or an allusion to things from the previous games.

>DaS2 is shit because it's not an exact copy if DaS, and DaS3 is shit because it's too similar to DaS, FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>teleports behind you

why do i even click these threads