Why was the fourth gen so GOAT?

1.Snes
2.Nes
3.Gamecube.
4.Wii
POWER GAP
5.wii u
6.n64

it was the last gen where you saw two companies at their peak (sega & nintendo) trying to make good games

Nintendo's peak was the NES era though.

wrong, they made better games during snes era

Wrong, their SNES era games were neutered versions of the games they made in the NES era, only with prettier graphics.

prove it.

1. PC

That's all
prove me wrong

Super Mario World was a neutered Super Mario Bros. 3. Link to the Past was a neutered Legend of Zelda. Super Metroid was a neutered Metroid.

whoa.... three whole games!

I named the big three franchises. Every other franchise that Nintendo made that started on the NES got neutered in the transition to the 16-bit era.

It wasn't just Nintendo's games either. Only a select few franchise avoided becoming casualized in the jump from 8-bit to 16-bit. Ghosts 'n Goblins and Contra are among those few.

Take a step back from the 90s nostalgia. Honestly the N64 was not a great console. The only thing going for it was 4 players and faster loading due to cartridge.

wrong DKC was apart of the big three during the snes era but you are obviously underage so you dont know that

post your ranking then

I'm old enough to remember when DKC1 came out.

DKC wasn't made by Nintendo and it wasn't a continuation of a series that started on the NES. It also wasn't very good. The graphics were pretty and were the biggest reason why the SNES pulled ahead of the Genesis for good that generation, but Nintendo's games were steps down in quality from their NES games, which is why the Genesis was actually able to compete with the SNES in the first place. SMW was a weak Mario entry that paved the way for Sonic to step in and challenge Mario.

1) SNES - CPU not as powerful as Genesis's but 256 colors and sampled sound was a huge quality leap in the 2D era. Lots of great "Super" versions of NES classics
2) NES - origin platform of tons of genres and classic series

(POWERGAP)

3) GC - great platform and games overshadowed by Halo-Box and PS2

(POWERGAP)

4) N64 - barely strong enough for 3D and limited by no discs, but helped bring some genres to 3D
5) Wii U - a few genuinely great & unique games but vastly weaker than its peers
6) Wii - shovelware purgatory

GameCube
power gap
N64
SNES
Power gap
Wii
Nes
Power gap
Wii u