Will Resident Evil 7 be the return to the series' roots that people want?

Will Resident Evil 7 be the return to the series' roots that people want?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bRNFhMTkmio
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No.

>First person
>VR
>shitty Outlast jumpscares
>Game difficulty PREORDER BONUS
>hide 'n' seek gameplay for a good amount of the game
>shitty looking UI
>objective markers

Fuck Capcom.

Yes.

>Answers No
>provides irrefutable evidence

>Answers Yes
>provides literally nothing to back his claim

le sigh...

One look at the reveal trailer is enough to tell you no. Just because its focusing on horror doesn't mean it's "returning to its roots"

I'm not going to bother because you people would just shit on it anyway. This game sees the return of environments to explore, a non-shit inventory system, manual saving, and less of an emphasis on straight up action.

It will be a good game... Just not a good Resident Evil game.

:^)

If those little video snippets are anything to by, I'd say at least expect a hard rebound from RE5/6.

>the series' roots
>3rd person
>Gigantic statue puzzle
>horror
no

>reveal trailer

Information was intentionally scarce there. The videos they've been releasing since look much more like classic RE mechanically, but with a first person view.

Depends on how much "run from something you can't kill" it is.

Resident Evil is dead.

Can a game be played in 2nd person?
Is fixed camera angles 2nd person, or 3rd person?

I hate first person horror games. The only one I found passable was alien isolation but it was mostly because they got the atmosphere of the movie so right.

I was right there with you until you "le sigh'd"

Would you say it's a reanimated corpse of its former self? What you call those again?

mutants

It's first person. Can't tell if troll or retard

im fuckin pumped.

day one pirate here we go again

I'm an ironic memer.

You meme for real.

>Will Resident Evil 7 be the return to the series' roots that people want?

I don't want the series' roots.

>unpredictable camera views that make aiming attacks more difficult than it has to be
>bizarre puzzles that make absolutely no sense in context
>paramilitary units where everyone wears their own special snowflake version of the uniform
>zombie outbreak treated like a gothic horror

>what everybody wants

Sup Forums doesn't even know what it wants.

I think if RE is going to continue to be a solid IP they're gonna have to go a new direction from 6. Similar to how 4 was, over time it becomes stale, and seeing how RE is one of the only "horror" based game series out there, trying to "return to its roots" seems like the best course of action

I want 6 gameplay with good level design and more zombies.

>A game that's literally an entire different genre from the rest of the series
>"return to the series roots"

I'm probably dumb but if I had to hazard a guess 2nd person would be like a section where you navigate another character from another's viewpoint, like if you're leading someone through the dark via security camera feed or something. I think of it like this - 1st person is through the character's own viewpoint while 3rd person is like being the viewer of a character and their interactions with others. 2nd person is between two people like it implies so I'd imagine it exploits that viewpoint that 3rd person sees from a distance directly somehow.

Or I could just be full of shit.

This is closer to the original RE games than 4-6 were

No. Best case scenario we have another RE4 on our hands. A decent enough game on it's own right, but doesn't feel like a Resident Evil game at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=bRNFhMTkmio Video Games used to be good!

>than 6
yes

>than 4
no

6 could've been better if they knew which direction it was going. It was all over the place. It's like a crew of designers just started yelling out ideas and they tried throwing all of them in.

How is it a different genre? RE4 looks like more of a jump than this game is. It looks like classic RE in first-person. The camera is the biggest change as far as I can tell.

Well, they had 700 people working on it.

>Enemies drop ammo
>Chapters
>increased focus on combat instead of being balanced between combat and exploration
>Way less puzzles

Being in first person doesn't make it a different genre, fucking dumbass.

>fps
no

if they adding ink ribbons, small amount of bullets, and loads of locked doors and puzzles it will. and ink ribbons are back

6 is just 4 but with better controls, FAR shittier level design and pacing, and generally just a lot more unfocused. But really, they're definitely the same kind of game, one's just not shit.

Every single video they released so far makes it seem like an Outast game with Resident Evil classic items tacked on it.

All I want is for REmake 2 new information to pop up, to only then decide if I will give up on this series forever or not.

>fix camera angles will never return
I miss them.

>Nemesis/Lisa Trevor style boss
>Ink Ribbons
>Combining items
>Locked Rooms
>Save Room
>Save Room chests
>Classic Door Openings brought back due to it being first person
>Classic style puzzles

I'd say it's very classic resi evil. Only thing we have to worry about whether or not they nail the movement down.

>Imagine there is apart of re7 where you get drugged
>Camera starts shifting weirdly
>Have to play through that part of the game with classic camera angles

b-but its in first p-person so it sucks!

DELETE THIS

Screencap this post. RE7 will be the first Resident Evil game in which SPIDERS will be threatening enemies.

>first

Screencapped :^)

I been a fan of RE since the day it came out and made me shit my pants.

Everything that i seen about this game along with the inteviews makes me think that they took RE 1 and destill it to get the esscene of RE1.

I really dont give a shit about the camara.

If they take a page out of System Shock 2 then maybe. On that note, is poison coming back?

>RE spiders
>threatening

They're slow, less efficient at grabbing you than zombies are, are bad at spitting poison, and can be just ran around in most games.

>cramped corridors with that feeling of insolation in a lonely place (given by the playable demo)
>Variety of weapons
>Hide and seek seems to happen only in VHS sections
>Common infected are confirmed by leaked screenshots of zombies
>Items and resources management returned with a limited inventory space along with keys using 1 slot in the inventory
>Hard difficulty (not the "pre-order one") makes the game have less resources, limited saves and no objective markers (devs said this is the intended way to play it)
>actual fucking puzzles with interactive items

The character has a watch that checks your vital sings like RE 1-3, we seen it in different colors, that means different status effects.

I wont pre order the game but honestly i will probably buy it depending on the performance of the game