Why is dodging so op in this game? I just killed like a level 23 griffin at level 11 all because of quen and dodging

why is dodging so op in this game? I just killed like a level 23 griffin at level 11 all because of quen and dodging

actually I think it was a level 25 griffin not 23

Difficulty setting?

story and sword, that's considered medium right?

It's not that OP, you can get hit by dodging. It's more that the game is easy once you get good at it.

should I rev up the difficulty

Enemies don't have the capabilities to chase Geralt. Big enemies, dodge left. Humanoids, attack dodge back attack again because all enemies have a "get out of melee" attack which you dodge.

Witcher games are meant to be played at the highest difficulty you pleb.

Death March in your case.

you should be playing on second highest at minimum, best at highest
there's actually a reason to use your oils/bombs/potions then

also there's a skill that gives I-frames on dodges at 5 points, just throwing it out there

That just makes the enemies do more damage while having more health. The same tactics work, battles just take longer.

dodge has i-frames by default

dodging is hugely OP in monster hunter and dark souls too when you get good at it. sidling up to boss monsters and whispering in their ear before murdering them will always be an excellent strategy providing you have the skill.

then there's a skill that gives it more I-frames

This desu. The only one I wont recommend playing on the highest difficulty is 2 and that's because if you die once it's all over. All 3 games aren't really that difficult.

i-frames are a keystone in dark souls, positioning and manipulating boss AI is where you git gud

on the other hand, positioning and prediction are keystones in monster hunter and learning to i-frame roars and some attacks is where you git real gud
fucking .21 seconds it feels like an accident half the time

that just makes the fight longer, not more difficult
mechanically nothing changes.

>Why is not taking damage so op in this game? I just killed like a level 23 griffin at level 11 all because of not taking damage and not taking damage

Because it is in all action games?

If you really want to make the game challenging, you're going to have to handicap yourself in a few ways.

1) Play Deathmarch
2) Don't use Witcher Gear
3) Don't use decoctions

This should be challenging enough. If you want to take it a step further, no potions or quen.

flying enemies are free because if theyre flying that just means a free stun

this is going to be a bit tougher with healing since I'm used to just abusing the meditation mechanic lol