Woah, this game is actually pretty good. Planescape thread?

Woah, this game is actually pretty good. Planescape thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

torment.sorcerers.net/unovel/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

inb4 journal memes

The gameplay is shit

>game

its more a visual novel than anything

Yeah I know, But I think I've managed to get over that troff and I'm now basically just coasting through. The writing's also got good now as well.

About halfway done, so we'll see how I feel about it later, but right now I'm enjoying it.

What was his crime? CP?

I'm glad Torment finally became as popular as it deserved to be but sadly that brings shit posters like this who haven't even played the game.

Just because you disagree with someone elses opinion doesn't make that a shitpost.
Sounds like you're just mad people don't like your western VN

DON'T TRUST THE SKULL

I HAVE played the video game, the writing is excellent but the gameplay is shite

you can't disprove this

Why did this game have such boring enemies? They are basically all just high hitting melee guys. Ranged units don't really exist outside of cranium rats, and those are just a minor part of a minor section of the game. Even the super box demon's true form was just a generic melee enemy with a shitload of HP.

What's up with this meme? It's basic infinity engine combat. Spells, melee skills, inventory equipment managing. Literally no different from Baldurs' Gate. WHAT THE FUCK IS THE PROBLEM HERE?

Why is the gameplay shit anyway? You wouldn't think there's anything about having good writing that precludes having decent gameplay too. They had good games on the same engine/ruleset like Baldur's Gate to use as a reference even, didn't they?

Combat is shit, but it's easy so it doesn't really matter.
Even more than the writing, I would say that the design and originality of the game is what separates it from everything else.

I'm glad someone else feels this way. Its totally just babies who have never played BG.

Explain why?

>Literally BG combat with 90% less bugs
>B-but not all of the spells have friendly fire!

I feel like it's just some Smash tourneyfags or some fags who think mashing buttons is good gameplay. I'm not saying the combat is perfect in this game, but it's a hell of a lot better than most j-rpg's and on par with other good wrpgs.

Do you need to do anything special to get this to run on windows 10?

>super box demon's true form
That enemy has a true form? How does it look like?

It having better combat than most JRPGs isn't saying much, but that said it is strange that people shit on Torment's combat way more often than they do that of JRPGs when JRPGs don't even have anything else going for them, gameplay-wise.
Maybe it's just different audiences and standards, but on the other hand people don't seem to complain about BG's combat as much, so maybe it is shit.

>the only enemies that aren't melee fighters with normal movespeed and high damage are cranium rats, Ravel, TTO, the one magical robot, those two respawning mages in hellish backstab land and that one angel that sent backstab land to hell

The gameplay just isn't fun when all the enemies are the same. Even your fucking clones are melee fighters with normal movespeed and high damage. It is like they were trying to make enemy variety non-existent. Games like Baldur's Gate keep things interesting by giving enemies variable movement speed, debuffs on hits, having the occasional caster in a battle instead of as a rarity, etc.

It started a couple of years ago. There is probably a popular video that says the combat is bad so all the shit posters just parrot that. I see the same thing with The Last of Us and Mathewmatosis's video.

>too many ladders!
>LoL Ellie makes noise but the zombies don't hear her!!

Stop equating gameplay to combat. PS:T doesn't have much combat but there's plenty gameplay. Choosing your dialogue to not enter into combat is gameplay, exploring the world and figuring out the lore and the puzzles is gameplay.

Speaking of Torment whatever happened to Tides of Nume-something? I never see it discussed here

Hasn't come out yet and they don't release much news on it.
>tfw probably won't be able to play it on this toaster that couldn't run PoE

Keeps getting delayed, fell for the turn-based meme

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA lol.

>puzzles
What the fuck game are you playing? The only "puzzles" are going to The Official House of Quest Items in the Cleric's Ward and finding the corresponding item for the corresponding person. Oh, some guy has a split personality? Better find the potion of fixing split personality at that shop. Oh, someone can't talk? Better find the tongue of talking at the shop. Oh, some guy is supposedly a statue? Better find the potion of not-stone at that shop.
>Choosing your dialogue to not enter into combat is gameplay
This rarely even happens. The only time I really remember it is all the time in the Mortuary, the TTO, the clones, the bandits in slumtown, the bandits in garbagetown and the rats in ratland.

I will give you the rest, though. This game had fantastic lore and exploration.

Someone should do one with all genres. Sometimes i wonder why people play western trash.

>tfw I've played and enjoyed nearly every game on this chart
Except Gothic I think. Holy shit those slav controls.

I don't mean specific puzzles, but shit like exploration and figuring out things. I'm not sure how often you can escape combat, but your dialogue choices do have important consequences.

>didnt enjoy gothic

fucking
pleb
spotted

get a grip, the controls fit like a glove once you get used to them, just stop being such a fucking bitch

Its like the controls were mapped by someone who has never played any video game before. So I'm convinced the slavs who made gothic had only heard abstract stories about crpgs before attempting to make their own.

Maybe mapping it to a controller would work out.

Gothic is made by Germans you caramelized ape shite

The controls are perfect, you're just a fucking casual

As someone who played it, it's not just the controls that suck, the voice acting, combat, story, animations graphics and music were so bad i got surprised they even released it.

yea ok

Go play a good game like Dark Souls and forget about this abomination.

neck yourself, weebtrash

two nukes wasn't enough

ok

did you learn what can change the nature of a man, user?

Germans are even worse than slavs. The controls are really bad if you've ever played a video game before.

>playing western trash

Stop being a plebeian, faggot.

>people who honestly think the answer is anything other than Regret

"The smallest seed of regret can bloom into redemption"
you're right, but you're skipping the thing that comes before that.

Well, Amnesia is an obvious one so far...

It's torment you plebs. The game is literally called Torment. The last thing seen in the game is the torment symbol that was tattooed on TNO.

Is...

...That a Jojo reference in that pic? It is, right?

You have to go back

I played for 10h. Then I found my first enemy and died. Since I hadn't saved for like 3 hours I got mad and quit.

It was kind interesting desu.

>have conversation with NPC
>get enough XP to level up

best D&D game ever

I'm having trouble accepting that you're greentexting a story about PST for a number of reasons

I agree it's great there are more stats than just strength dexterity and constitution

>game

here
torment.sorcerers.net/unovel/

Is there a RPG this can't be done to?

Dialogue is gameplay. Gameplay is much more than just combat.

It kinda feels like a pseudo intellectual wank desu famm

psuedo intellectual is only ever used be insecure people