Let's have a thread on sure-fire ways to tell if someone's opinions on Sup Forumsidya are irrelevant or stupid

Let's have a thread on sure-fire ways to tell if someone's opinions on Sup Forumsidya are irrelevant or stupid.

>Doesn't like the STALKER series
>Thinks "Chrono Trigger" was a bad game
>Argues that Mario 64 wasn't a revolutionary game
>Argues that *Mass Effect*, *Dragon Age*, *Bioshock*, etc did not get worse as their sequels were released.
>Same thing with Final Fantasies after 9

I could go on and on, but I'd like to hear yours.

>Dislikes Ace Combat
>Dislikes Burnout 3
>Dislikes Blood Dragon
>Dislikes Bad Company 2
>Dislikes WipEout
>Dislikes Vigilante 8

all good so far.

Mass Effect 3 is subjectively better than 1 though

>Dislikes Tomba
>Dislikes Earthbound
>Dislikes Majoras Mask
>Dislikes Crash Bandicoot
>Dislikes Final Fantasy 7, 8 & 9
>Dislikes GTA 3 and onward

You could honestly go on.

does GTA Online count because fuck i hate GTA Online

nothing more fun than load screens and lobbies

I couldn't get into FF7, 8 or 9. I still recognize them as good jrpgs though. I like the music mostly.

>ff 8
>good

Yeah GTA Online is just a cash grab and unbalanced, I wouldn't include it with the others.

agree with all of these except mass effect, don't mind if someone prefers 2 because 1 is pretty ass

people who shit on Dark souls. I get it, the fanbase's kinda shit now, but the games are still good. Stop trying to impress us with your contrarian opinions.

Yeah great games but I understand to some degree to do with fanbases, especially if you encounter one of them in real life.

fuck off, neo Sup Forums

maybe I should have worded that better, I agree that if anyone thinks those they should fuck off

chrono trigger and SoC are some of my favorite games btw

I knew plenty of people who love ds irl, and they are all lovely people. I mean, I guess none of them were autistic, elitst pericks who think that the fact that they've beaten a video game makes them somehow important, so maybe I'm just lucky.

Doesn't know Gothic.

I have great friends irl that love the souls games. Hell, even in DS3 I met and added people online from FCs. For a while it was just us in group voice chat doing friendly shit talk while trying different builds or just shooting the shit.

I enjoyed ME1 since the reapers seemed like a genuine, inconceivable and terrifying threat in it. It was clunky as fuck though and ME2 streamlined a lot of stuff.

Save for some nice character interactions ME3 was fucking trash. Still bitter about how it ended.

Saw your pic and thought it was a killing floor thread. Have a bump I guess.

yes, people like you are the ones this thread strives to point out.

>uses term 'dead' before getting a match is impossible
>cares about being in huge community and tournaments

Dislikes Rollercoaster tycoon

> Dislikes Red Alert 2
> Dislikes Mount and Blade
> Dislikes Conkers Bad Fur Day
> Dislikes Super Mario World
> Dislikes Banjo Kazooie 1/2
> Dislikes Prefect Dark
> Dislikes Oddworld 1/2
> Dislikes Papers please

>Plays mainly multiplayer games
>Refuses to play turn based games
>Refuses to play games from before 2000s
>Dismisses huge amounts of games with nonsensical catergories like "weebshit", "indieshit" or "pixelshit"

>Thinks Souls games are hard

> ME2 streamlined a lot of stuff
read: removed

>still thinks Ocarina of Time is best game of all time

I agree it's not, but that would still be a better opinion than what 90% of Sup Forums would probably say

But 8 and 9 did suck senpai

>dislikes Mount and blade

Haven't played them, but isnt the fact that they ARE hard like the only niche appeal of the games?

> > Doesn't pre order
> > Doesn't buy season pass
> Doesn't get the ltd edition version only
> Doesn't consult ign/kotaku before purchasing a game

With ME the sequels always took a step forward gameplaywise, but two steps backwards regarding atmosphere and story. I absolutely loathe ME1 combat and all that omnigel bullshit, but it's still my favorite because there's a real sense of mystery and discovery in it.

>always took a step forward gameplay wise
None of them ever progressed past bland gears of war clone.

Nah. They are harder than your average game, but the real reason to like them is the lack of handholding and god-tier visual design, especially bosses are just awesome.

It's just that stupid I'M A REAL GAYMER BECAUSE I CAN COMPLETE SOULS GAMES, GIT GUT faggots think that the difficulty is the thing that matters, because they can stroke their epeen with that.

But Stalker is trash, and I hate ruskies

True, but I still rather take a Gears of War clone than ultra bulletspongey enemies that you shoot with very bland guns. The gunplay just feels much more solid in sequels and the weapons feel like they have some actual differences.

>Thinks Wrath was the peak of WoW

Very easy way to spot a faggy '95+er

>disagrees with me

>but isnt the fact that they ARE hard like the only niche appeal of the games?

Absolutely not at all. Their main, actual appeal is that they have worlds which are incredibly interesting to explore and discover stuff in while not holding your hand and forcing you down a particular path, with tough enemies acting as soft gates preventing you from exploring and forcing you to be careful until you find an effective way of beating or getting past them. It's no joke that the series is constantly compared to NES Zelda.

>dislikes Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition
>dislikes Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
>dislikes Bayonetta
>dislikes Ninja Gaiden Black
>dislikes the Wonderful 101
>thinks Batman: Arkham combat is better than anything in the above
>doesn't think that the Vergil fights in DMC3:SE are some of the greatest boss fights in all of vidya
>irrationally hates Nintendo
>actually thinks story is the most important thing in a game
>thinks Western developers are better than Japanese devs

>sure-fire ways to tell if someone's opinions on Sup Forumsidya are irrelevant or stupid
Listen to their opinion instead of immediately dismissing, the people who bandwagon popular and well renowned shit are bigger faggots than people who happen to dislike le holy grail gem of teh vidya

>but it's comfy
>but it has waifus

>"Half-Life2 is nothing more than a tech demo."

>has a different opinion to me
There summed up every response this thread will get.

Most of the ME1 enemies could be killed with 1 head shot with the sniper rifle and big guys usually went down in 3-5. ME2 fixed the TTK on larger enemies by just removing most of them

Sounds pretty gud.