Speccy Thread

Show us those beasts you're playing on Sup Forums. Also just got my 3440x1440 in. The 44hz difference is slightly noticed in FPS but the ultrawide and vastly better colors wins out for me.

r8 my CPU while playing Battlefield 1

Im scared for you user.

Thank you based Micro Center.

to be honest with you, familia

Why is you RAM in single channel configuration user?

dual channel is an irrelevant meme

What do i do?

Reapply thermal paste to that GPU.

ah, it's my first build ty for the help senpai

Idle cpu temp

do the lynnfeild cpus just naturally run hot? i used my brother's old i7-860 desktop earlier today and it was getting roasty hot.

for some reason dual doesnt work

like i cant boot with dual it just turns off after 10 sec

Yee, got my 4790k there for $250 last black friday, too bad no money to get a 1440p monitor till next summer. Might grab another half terabyte SSD this black friday though.

Can't wait for it to get cold again and stay that way.

get a cheap i5 and compatible mobo, get a 1060 3gb or 470 4gb.

2500k is overclocked to 4.5ghz but it's showing it's age.

>pg278q
Why would anybody spend so much money on a tn monitor?

No. At least, not that I know of. This is a 6 year old cpu that's had only minor maintenance performed on it (thermal paste reapplied once and only lightly dusted every few months). Reaches 80-90 degrees in most games.

Don't worry, the 2500k is still a good CPU for gaming, it's BF1's shitty optimization with some rigs, I'm running an i3-6100 and I barely reach 65 degrees in 64 player conquest or operations.

what to upgrade?

>x99 motherboard
>only a 1070

Que?

nothing, ur fine for 99.9% of scenarios. don't be kucked by the consumerist culture in pc gaming right now.

I miss my old pc and these damn temperature peaks makes me mad as hell

>GPU is 64c on idle
user..

Took a sidestep, mostly because my interest in animation/modeling has dwindled as of late.

ty mane i appreciate

everything is solid except the 970

save some money and get a 1080

Want to trade?

I actually bought one of their prebuilt machines. The B682 only cost $650, and the only thing I added to it was the GTX 970; that I got for $180 from a friend. It's not future proof by any means, but coming from a Thinkpad W520 I'm lightyears ahead of where I used to be.

but i just bought that piece of shit a year ago

memer

Pretty similar to mine.
Used to run with a 650ti but got a 1060 last week, I think I'll be set for a while.

>integrated graphics

You should be mad.

What do I have to change to make GTA5 run more than 10fps?

It's actually the best thing to do while waiting for Vega or 1080ti.
Even with the best GPU, you have to upgrade at some point, within 3/4 years. I guess with a CPU like that, your build can last 10 years.

>Brand loyalty

This is why you get cucked. You should only ever go to price/performance

>buying cuckvidia gpus

it should be running at 60fps. ur doing something wrong, that hardware is great.

>brand loyal fanboys
>in a fucking PC thread

Aren't PC gamers supposed to be above the faggotry of console wars?

ur brain

Don't listen to this jizz juggler if you're only doing 1080p or 1440p. The 1080 is only worth it for 4k, and even at that it barely makes the cut so you may as well wait to see the next line of cards better than the 1080 that are even more suited to handle 4k.

It's actually 24GB of RAM, but my mobo is only recognizing 16GB.. and Speccy thinks it's 32

You're well above recommended so it's gotta be something in your game options.

Haven't played a game on it in 3 months.

It's a great internet machine though.

Think of this like the Kingdom of Italy in the >H>R>E. In theory, they're supposed to be loyal to a larger broader concept, but in practice they're just as prone to internal fighting over sub-loyalties as anyone else.

Nothing fancy.

4690k is OC'd to 4.4GHz

Yes, we can.

>The B682 only cost $650

You could have gotten a 2nd hand Dell Optiplex or similar for free locally or for $150 online and slapped a low power draw GPU inside it like a 1060 for a total of around $400 or less.

Not really.
A decent quad core like a 6700k will play games better and last just as long.
When it comes to gaming 4 cores and higher clocks reign supreme, even the new apis which are supposed to be better at using more cores start to tail off after more than 4.

X99 is just a waste unless you're actually rendering video or doing scientific simulations

Which EVGA 1070 is that? The ones with an ACX 3.0 cooler have issues where the thermal pads aren't touching the VRAM

>9800 gt

What's 2005 like user? I heard oblivion is pretty good !

>tfw ur pc so shit that even ur screencaps are blurry as fuck

Yeah, I was looking at it and wondering why it was so low. The 4790k I have base clock is 4.0. So there is a higher clock i7 for 6th gen?

can someone tell me why speccy doesn't show the CPU?

its a i7-6850k

Uh, are your drivers all updated? I get 80+fps on gtav

It's only some, and if you're not over clocking or having issues, who cares. Mine is and has been fine. Plus, they've got a good warranty, I'm not concerned. I downloaded the latest bios and called it a day. My Temps are lower than my 970.

No explosions yet,

>EVGA cucks
the smell of faggotry

Here's the (you) baby!

It's Windows 10 using jpeg by default.

Hardware's still good.

My EVGA G2 PSU is fucking great though

It's the Founders Edition.

Is your mobo bios up to date ?

It's so great it need capacitors on every cable. kek

>When it comes to gaming 4 cores and higher clocks reign supreme

Only Cities: Skylines and a handful of others actually get any noticeable difference at 1080p from 4 cores. The vast majority of games still run fine with 2 fast cores and hyperthreading. That being said it should still be recommended to always get an i5, but if you're on a budget a fast i3 with hyperthreading will perform nearly identically with a similar i5 in the majority of games.

The majority of 6700Ks can manage 4.6ghz, some can manage 4.8 when pushing 1.35/1.4v. That's right on the line of what's comfortable though.

I've got a 6700k clocked at 4.7ghz at 1.34v, I had it a little higher by fiddling with the base clock but I just decided to leave it alone in the end to avoid creating any instabilities with my ram

Hello, I am a mountain.
Will you work for me?

>Founders Edition.

Same. No issues and it OC's nicely.

yeah its all up to date

A 1060 or 470 wouldn't be an improvement at 1280x1024, just redundant FPS unless he gets a different monitor later down the line.

I hope you're just watching movies on the samsung TV

Dude something is fucked with your hardware and/or drivers. GTA5 ran pretty decently back when I had a i5 3050 and gtx 560 ti.

it's for my ps4 and mostly movies/tv shows yea

hoping to upgrade the 750ti to a 1060 this black friday

get on my level scrubs

>PSU is fucking great
You can't overclock a PSU, it work or just don't work, it protect your components from electricity danger or not, every PSU are warranted 5 years minimum, it prevents data loss when micro-power cuts happen or not (like your PSU).

so whats the newest thing here, windows 7?

Shit, this was before I installed my hard drive. I got a 2TB hard drive.

I just realized that only one of my RAM sticks is showing up, so time to check on that...

With the 1000 series out, will it be worth grabbing a 980ti when the prices inevitably fall like a fucking rock over the next few months?

Or should I just hold out for my Christmas bonus and grab a 1080 and a 4k monitor.

>Thisbetterfucking workl
>Temperature are not showing properly

My RAM was bought 2 maybe 3 years ago.

Is that a reference intel motherboard? Jesus

>No optical disk drives detected
You are a madman

Build in 2k11 had some shitty cheap Biostar mobo that blew up in first two months of use, gonna scrap only SSD for the new build.

lel

I have a USB external disk drive, but I haven't used it in months.

I don't know what you mean by reference but yeah. It's an LGA1366 socket.

Memes

It is a great monitor, even sitting next to an IPS it doesn't look half bad. I also got it right when it came out and there was no such thing as 1440p + IPS + >100hz.

I will say that I am definitely enjoying their new model much, much more.

EVGA products have never died on me. I still have my old GTX 260, 560 Ti, 2x 770s, 2x 980s, 2x 980 Ti's and a single 1070. 770s and up all work great, rest did last time I used them.

I have however tried MSI twice. Both times GPUs died within 3 months and RMA / Refund was a massive fucking hassle. I'll just stick to EVGA, Asus and Gigabyte, theyve never let me down.

The same way that Nvidia and amd build reference video cards to show manufacturers how to do it, Intel used to create reference motherboards. Nowadays they just rely on third parties and don't bother making their own

Is it noisy?
I thought of getting that kind of thing, or a laptop disk drive.
Those 5.25" dinosaurs are so noisy.

anyone able to game at 4k? been thinking of getting a second 1080 but wouldn't be worth it if it couldn't run 4k. no speccy cuz I'm phoneposting but I have a 1080 and an i7 6700k. think this'll do?