Energy shield made out of honeycombs

>energy shield made out of honeycombs

Is there a more unoriginal concept?

>fireballs made of fire

>energy shield made out of a blue, liquidy, shimmering substance

what type of energy are energy shields made out of?

Wet coins and salty milk

oh

>platformer with platforming

energy, duh

I agree. Stop with the honeycombs already.

taking a one way trip on transport that must have travelled both ways to collect you

Sounds sweet.

healslut homolust

>muh originality
There's a reason why everyone and their grandmother uses that design: because it looks cool.

>Computers are touch-sensitive holographic interfaces

>while you were gone the village was attacked and a magic macguffin was stolen
fucking owlboy jesus christ

>Morgan Freeman is in the movie
>He also provides narration

>""""hidden""" cave behind a waterfall

Every fucking time

It looks kind of lame with the way it's implemented though, because most people can't write shaders for shit.
The best looking energy shield I ever saw was the one in the last Harry Potter movie.
>reacts calmly to small amounts of damage
>reacts violently to large amounts of damage
>appears to burn away like paper as it breaks
That's entirely possible to render in a game, doesn't even need some super powerful computer because shaders for objects that emit light but don't interact with light are very efficient.

>implying people don't get pissed off if there's no cave behind it
This is just a contrarian thread isn't it

>Healer uses holy magic

>Sup Forums talking about vidya

Is this a Jojo reference?

>That filename

Fuck you

>>implying people don't get pissed off if there's no cave behind it

This. If your game has waterfalls but no caves behind any of them, you have committed a war crime.

I have never seen an energy shield made out of honeycombs. I don't think wax and honey are really a common building material in science fiction.

If you are talking about energy shields made out of wax, honey, pupae and livid bees, you could not be more wrong even if you took 20.

I will always fucking love this comic. That delivery is great.

>pickup/treasure in a place that will clearly trigger an ambush
>you have to trigger it to progress

Is it just one guy going around forcing this meme or what?

The old man still gets me.

>Honeycomb energy shield where each hexagon has to be destroyed individually
Is there any game that does this?

>minimap is a three dimensional diagram of the area and doesn't show the secret areas

>Things that are repeated become bad

People like you who are quick to call things stale and cliché make things not fun anymore. I get the sentiment behind shaking things up and excercising a little variety, but maybe creatives and test audiences just prefer these things and not ever work out their is trying to be 100% original, especially not to please people like you.

>oh hello friend.. kukukuKUKUKU
>yeeees you can trust me, I'm a good guy. Truly muahahahahHAHAHA!
>I need you get to get me ITEM, I swear I'll reward you justly. nyeheheheheHEH!

>Ahhh yeeees, thank you for bringing me ITEM...NOW I BETRAY YOU HAHAHAHAHA YOU NEVER SAW "THIS" COMING!!

>Shieilds are made out of honeycombs
>bees are a widely prized and cultivated intergalactic resource
>transactions for most major purchases are made with premium-bred queens
>ships burn honey for fuel
>bear-men trawl space as gas-guzzling pirates
Would play desu

> doesn't understand that the hexagon is of the strongest shapes in nature

The door is that way, don't let it hit you on the way out

Joseph Anderson pls go

I really like this trope.

Nerve gas

Depends. Is the shield just shaped like a honeycomb, or is it made out of them?

Just so we're all clear, I'm pretty sure OP said honeycombs because he was talking about hexagons and is a retard.

Surely he didn't LITERALLY mean honeycombs.

>minimap shows secret areas
>they become 'secret' areas
>game is now for casuals

Always pissed me off that the bubble shield shape wasnt accurate to the games.

Yeah, but that shield looks like it's made out of energy, not honeycombs. I don't see a single bee in there.

Gamma Rays

those are hexagons, not honeycombs

Holy fuck I would play the shit out of that

>people calling hexagons honeycombs

hexagons are the strongest shape known to man
do you just expect the future science to abandon it in favor of dodecahedrons or some shit

what

This photograph is a true masterpiece.

Triangles are stronger actually. Go ahead. Prove me wrong.

>go to secret area on minimap
>it's now part of the main map

HOW WAS IT SECRET

>what is circle

You're a true masterpiece

>you can kill them the moment they rear their ugly head and hear them pitifully ask what they did wrong

I've never seen a triangle shaped tank of propane

To give it a minimal amount of credit at least you were purposely led down there as a distraction and then tied up for an unknown period of time, compared to just leaving to fetch 5 sunflowers and 7 hyena asses to make a new potion for the local fat old cooking lady only to come back and find the place in fucking ruin.

What would you use instead of a honeycomb pattern, then? Try to think of something more original.

interlocking fractal drawings of penises
actually how about fractals in general? It could make for a really cool animation when the shield initially goes up

>energy shield
it's called a MANA SHIELD you fuckwits

Explosive reactive energy shields? Invisible till it triggers and explodes outwards in the direction it reacts to.

mana is a form of energy

>What would you use instead of a honeycomb pattern, then

No pattern at all. The shield only 'exists' at the moment of impact, in the optimal angle to stop/absorb/deflect an attack

>blue is good
>red is evil

I don't think this has moved from movies to games yet, but spacecraft with that shitty killswitch engine sfx, that one that rapidly cuts in and out.

Other than nature what kind of magic would represent healing then faggot?

Fire magic like metabolic processes

So? Did the fat guy steal it or what? I hate that after all these years the comic is still left in a cliff-hanger

thats ma shit senpai

I'm really pissed no games let me play a healer that uses some demonic evil energies to close wounds and rejuvenate my team, you always see necromancers and shit bring corpses back to life, why can't that concept be applied to a healer role?

Energy shields always have either a hexagonal pattern, an armadillo-like plating pattern or squiggly-fluid pattern.

Blood magic? Sealing shut open flesh wounds or pulling toxins out of peoples blood streams doesn't sound very "holy".

Because dark caster healing always has a theme of taking life to restore it.

Is this an art movement to surpass vaporwave?

They really should be the faces of the same coin don't they, much like fire and ice should be "temperature magic" opposites.

>Water is wet
>Fire is hot
>OP is a faggot

well wc3 had paladins and death knights with holy light and death coil
paladins being able to heal friendly living units and hurt undead enemies, and death knights vice versa

Is there anything that depicts shields as totally invisible, even under fire, with their effect simply being that fire dispersing across their surface? They really shouldnt even have a surface, the incoming fire should disperse in a cylindrically symmetric curve or conic section back into space since the shields should be a force field.

So, you're a dark casting heal bitch, you sacrifice your own life essence for insane heals and raise your dead teammates as zombies or something so they can fight for a little more until they respawn again, or maybe you collect the dead enemy's souls and slowly torture them so they give off some aoe healing essence

>Character is away from village/home
>Travelling back
>Sees smoke
>"Oh no..."

Might as well call regular armor an energy shield then since all matter is just made out of energy.

>makes counter argument
>doesnt think burden of proof is on him

They are future bees...they evolved optic camouflage to sneak up on flowers for more efficient nectar acquisition.

>shot of character moving the windows around from side to side for absolutely no reason

What a waste of a pizza.

I would use polka dots.

>dr. connor's class...

Descent I and II have shields on your ship but it just looks like the lasers/missiles are splashing over your screen.

>shotgun is short range
>can't hit shit with sniper rifle without using scope
>Revolver does more damage than any high caliber weapon
>melee kills with 1 hit
>plasma weapons are slow with high damage, lasers fast with low damage
>obvious shrapnel grenades damage tanks
>have machine gun, can't set it up

>I don't like weapon balancing
Try heroes and generals

the streets, they hunger

You added it to the map.

The new ratchet and clank remake did this. It was pretty fun boss fight desu

example?

Underrail is the only game I can think of where fire and ice are treated as a single tree. Why do no games do this?

All of Kelvinverse Star Trek. I think the Marvel movies too.

>not having the skill to finely divide your shields up for maximum efficiency

Step it up bitch senpai.