ITT: Games that are objectively regarded as decent/good but are reviled by followers of the franchise

ITT: Games that are objectively regarded as decent/good but are reviled by followers of the franchise

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OkXSUt23CZ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you should start by example OP

>Regarded as good
By who?
Anyways, Super Mario 3D World

>Other M
>good

I'm not the one saying it's good

>objectively regarded as

Other M is universally regarded as a terrible game by mostly everybody, and for good reason. It sucks no matter how you look at it.

Yeah. Take away the story and cone,antics and you're left with a pretty enjoyable game.

Who the fuck thought Other M was good?

IT'S LOWER THAN PINBALL ON METACRITIC

But you (or OP at least) said it was objectively regarded as such. Game reviews aren't objective, and they shouldn't be.

Take away the story, the cinematics, and the writing, and you're still left with a shitty game, as shows us.

It's terrible on all fronts. Don't pretend like it isn't, user.

You're left with a shoddy incoherent mess of a game.

I applaud you if you managed to enjoy it.

Lord knows I've learned to ignore shit stories, but the game itself is quite terrible too.

>Lord knows I've learned to ignore shit stories

usually because you can skip them. I say usually because they were Unskippable in Other M

>Anyways, Super Mario 3D World
it's reviled but also hailed as the best game in the series by a significant numbers of (obviously wrong) mariofags

Who in the navy blue fucks regards Other M as good?

No contest

Maybe even the best game in the franshise.

Eh, I don't mind. I've honestly seen much much worse in video games.

Dobson

It would be a 5/10 shovelware game if you removed the Metroid brand from it.

So a loser?

Tell that to TW3 and BB fags.

I bought it recently and realized why I shouldn't have.

I couldn't even complete Mario Galaxy 2 because of the dreary been-there-done-that feeling, and after having played 3D Land two years ago, which was very cute, 3D World gives me the exact same vibe.

I don't know what either of those are acronyms for.

seriously

it's a budget ps2 action game like fucking bujingai or something

ITT: Everyone shitting on Other M (rightfully so).

The shit that gets me is the people that defend this game saying shit like

>Oh you hate it because Samus has emotions now and she's not a robot and she has character and whatever the fuck

First of all everyone over the age of 10 has made their peace with Samus being a woman. It's not an important thing anymore. Secondly even if you replace Samus with Nathan Drake it wouldn't stop that game from being a vortex of dumb fuckery

>Galactic Federation sends in a crack team of experts to find out what happened aboard the Bottle Ship
>Galactic Federation also plants an assassin to kill anyone on the team who found out what happened aboard the bottle ship

>Look up Bujingai

It actually doesn't look half bad. Not great but good enough to be a rental at Blockbuster for a weekend

>objectively

Probably the least deserving of the hate it gets, too.

I refuse to believe anyone hates this game.

Wait Castlevania fans hate this game? I liked it

Fags compare every Castlevania to Symphony of the Night.

ff13

This. The game is only really notable in how it completely and utterly destroyed Metroid canon and did almost irreparable damage to the Metroid brand.

If it were the exact same game, with all the references to Metroid removed, it'd just be a quietly forgotten, subpar action game. If you go purely by mechanics, it's just a shitty action game ala Ninja Gaiden, with much more shallow mechanics. There's nothing much to the combat, really, and then you have the shitty controls, not to mention the shitty backtracking. It's so fucking bad.

>metacritic scores are now objective fact
What is up with this meme and why have people been falling for it so much this past year

This actually isn't a bad answer. Hardcore FF fans seem to absolutely hate it, while I've seen a bunch of casuals love it.

>Hardcore FF fans
You mean nostalgiafags?

They do, and the basis for comparison is, belive it or not, PoR most of the time, which boggles my mind.

Among the complaints are it being too grindy, having to "farm" for glyphs and some areas being too linear, which are completely retarded no matter how you look at it.

Also what the hell, that Bujingai game looks fun as fuck. Much better than Other M ever did.

youtube.com/watch?v=OkXSUt23CZ4

> Hardcore FF fans seem to absolutely hate it, while I've seen a bunch of casuals love it
but hardcore FF fans and casuals are the same group of people

>You mean nostalgiafags?
I mean, I guess?

I'm barely even a fan of FF. Just a trend that I've noticed.

Kek

Portrait of Ruin is really great though.

is show by rock good

Fans of the franchise like this game though

I don't think this thread makes any sense.

>trusting journos

Mega Man X5+

>I don't think this thread makes any sense.
Of course it doesn't, it's just a bait thread.

Almost nobody really liked Other M. It's NEVER been considered good by any one group of people. Not by people who don't really like Metroid, not by hardcore Metroid fans, Prime fans, or fans of the 2D Metroid games.

Man, do I fucking love these threads. Metroid fans a shit. YOUR SAMMY IS A CUMSLUT ;_;

Objectively, there isn't a developer on this planet who wouldn't give their left arm to make something cloae to the quality of this game.

People still hate the shit out of it though.

l thought it was overall pretty boring and repetitive but yeah still a better combat system than other m

then again pandora tower has a better combat system than other m

>People still hate the shit out of it though.

bad controls
padding
constant fucking handholding

easily the weakest of the 3d Zelda games

That isn't Windwaker.

I found WW to be better than SS

>easily the weakest of the 3d Zelda games

It's still a brilliant piece of software. Which is the whole point of this thread.

Wind Waker is a fuckton better than Skyward Sword. As is Twilight Princess.

Doesn't mean Skyward Sword is a bad game, just not as good.

Come on, this game wasn't THAT bad, right?

Best world, some of the best music, most interesting post-game

Oath in Felghana is the only better Ys game (maybe VIII but I haven't played it yet)

>bad controls
Controls are a tradeoff, but not at all bad.
It's not as confortable to swing the controllers, but this game actualy does interesting shit with the gameplay and not just tire your arms for what a button could do more easily.
Also aiming with a wiimote is great compared to regular controllers.

>padding
It only becomes an issue in the final 20% of the game. Not that harmful.

>constant fucking handholding
It's pretty linear and it's fine if people don't like that, but not that handholdy if you consider the game makes most of the handholding optional.

Not to mention the game goes even further to balance historicaly broken mechanics like potions and the economy takes longer to break.

The best thing about FF is that it's not Other M.

>but not that handholdy if you consider the game makes most of the handholding optional.

Fi stopping game play and yelling at you to do something that experienced Zelda players would do anyway is handholding

I actually liked it a lot. Subsequent playthroughs aren't quite as enjoyable, but overall I'm satisfied. I hated galaxy 2 though

>Its not a bad game, just a bad zelda
damn fanboys

Agreed. WW is a goddamn mess that hides its flaws behind a paper thin illusion of scale and atmosphere. SS is scattershot as fuck but at least it has good parts.

Wind Waker has the best and most satisfying combat in any of the 3D Zeldas.

Well, yes you're right, but I don't give a fuck unless it's disruptive to the game flow or it spoils the puzzles or the exploration.

If it mostly about shit that veteran Zelda players or gamers in general already have a clue about how to do, it's not a big deal, is it?
It's not like Zelda didn't have giant neon arrows pointing at your objectives before, so it really comes down to your tolerance of Fi as a character. To me she's just fine.

Other than that, dowsing is optional. Boos tips are optional. Mission advice is optional... there's really not much to be ruined there.

One of the very few things it gets right, and even then TP has both better swordplay mechanics and a greater emphasis on combat. I will concede that WW does integrate items smartly into combat, though.

Wait isn't HoD or the other two DS Castlevania games (if only because of the bad anime art style) the most disliked of the Metroidvania games?

>objectively regarded as decent/good

By who? the ideologues/corporate shills known as vidya journos?

Pretty much, I dunno what that guy is talked about, but the vast majority of CV players liked OoE.

>maybe

it's the only good one.

>Samus gets her ass kicked by SPACE PIRATES! one mission before the final
Nah it's shit

I've played the Metroid series since the original release of the first game and don't think Other M is as bad as people make it out to be. The story is dumb, but it's not like it matters much, as the game play and mission progression is virtually the same. I had fun playing it.

RE4 really isn't that much better than the Revelations games IMO, not to mention classic RE spawned some good games if you don't have shit taste.

They disliked the art style, but they generaly like the vanilla gameplay.
The glyphs and supposed linearity of OoE are regarded as flaws by the hardcore fans of the series, even though most other people are okay with those.

>gameplay and progression

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I'm not going to address the story although I will say that the story gets so much attention because the cutscenes are unskippable. But the problem with the gameplay are exacerbated problems that also exist in Fusion. In that the game forces you down a linear path instead of letting you explore shit in a game that put the Metroid in Metroidvania. Besides shit like forcing you to navigate a 3D world on a Dpad or missiles being the most uncomfortable thing ever or whatever the fuck that "scanning" was MOM does too much stupid shit like locking doors behind you so that you can't go back on your own. Or forcing you to trigger a cutscene to grab your power rather than letting you find it on your own.

I WILL say that the gameplay is far better than the story in that it's only mediocre. I'll also say that the third person angle is not bad in and of itself, only it needs to be handled by a team that actually gives a shit.