Mafia 3 is 2K’s ‘fastest-selling’ game ever 6

>Moves 4.5M units in first week

Sup Forums told this game will have terrible sales

the BBC wins once again, racists are you even trying?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcharts.com/app/360430
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>The game sold-in 4.5 million copies in its first week, the company said. (Sold-in is the industry term for the amount of units sold to retailers.)

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it actually did sell this much due to how fucking hard they marketed it.

LOL

Really makes you think steamcharts.com/app/360430

Reminder that this game needs to sell 8 million to even break even.

>2,589
That's sad for such a hyped up game especially since it only came out a few weeks ago

I didn't think food stamps could be used to buy video games

Considering they have a poster for this shit up at every god damn bus station, tube station, and billboards everywhere in the U.K. I'm not surprised.

Seriously this game is marketed almost as much as Dr. Strange is out here.

that is the number of copies shipped, not sold

its a shelfwarmer

Imagine how much the numbers will grow during Black Friday.

Well meme'd Sup Forumslution.

Console sales matters more. Usually, console version sales are far bigger in multiplats.

Shipped units does not equal sold units.

i dont understand the game looked like shit and its overpriced for what it gives
why do people buy it
its got so many bugs and looks like a blurry san andreas
anyway is there a cracked version with unlocked fps?

Ok
But they needed 8 million sales to break even

source

Mafia 3 is good and all, but like..

You guys do like.. Realize it's basically a reskinned Assassin's Creed Syndicate with no climbing and worse AI right?

The games are nearly identical in mechanics and gameplay.

damage control won't change the fact the game flopped. there's no way a game that sells 300k on pc will sell another 4m on consoles

A supposed ex dev came out and said a few things involving 2k's management and some info on Mafia 3.

Main quote
>Hanger 13 spent many years and many 10s of millions of dollars creating ‘Mafia III’ which has recently tanked in reviews and has no hope of ever making its money back (it needs to sell ~8 million full price units to make up for its expenses, it has so far sold well under 1 million units).

We have no real info on if this guy or girl actually is a dev for the studio, and no hard info on sales data outside of steam spy.

The article involving the high sales of Mafia 3 posted today says the main thing of
>sold in
Meaning that they shipped 4.5 million copies to retailers across the world but does not mean that all of those copies actually were sold to customers.

Until we get some npd report involving the game or get an investor call we will no know anything for certain.

just download the 1.1 or something patch.

GTAV did not cost that much to make and advertise and that game did not look cheap as mafia and was much bigger game and had world wide advertising.

Go be retarded elsewhere believing in bullshit rumours

>4.5M shipped to retailers

:O

>4.5 million shipped.

They are fucked. This might of actually killed the franchise. Thanks black people.

>the BBC wins once again
there are no winners in vidya, only losers.

>implying it wasn't dead to begin with

I would have been okay with that if the gunplay was a little more polished, the AI not complete garbage, and there was more random shit and activities to do.

The gunplay has the making to be ok but it just falls flat at the end. I think its something to do with how the guns feel when actually shooting people. The way the animations are they have no weight sometimes and guys just go flying or dont react to being hit in specific locations. The way they fall and twirl is pretty good, but otherwise it just needs more to it.

Stop this shitposting.

As if I wanted M4fia anyways.

>Counting shipped copies as sales
Real impressive