Morrowind is one of the worst games ive ever played and even two worlds 2 was better than this garbage

morrowind is one of the worst games ive ever played and even two worlds 2 was better than this garbage

there are so many design decisions that are the sort of decisions that are made in a really BAD game (which it is) yet it seems people overlook them for some bizarre reason??

Other urls found in this thread:

wiwiki.wiwiland.net/index.php?title=Daggerfall_:_DaggerfallSetup_EN
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nostalgia and the fact its an older game so some things can be overlooked. Its the only Elder Scrolls game I was able to even play for more than a few hours or enjoyed honestly. The series and anything bethesda makes is pretty much irredeemable trash.

Two Worlds 2 is a good game though and it has a lot of merits
>amazing magic system
>great graphics
>nice soundtrack

Design decisions such as?

Time to step away from the keyboard, user.

Also, are all of these threads just baiting, or are people super insecure about not understanding Morrowind these days?

its a pasta, someone made the same thread about dragons dogma

It's not just this pasta though - there have been a ton of threads with all sorts of different complaints about Morrowind begging people to justify why it's good.

Because it's an easy, buggy game with no gameplay. It's a fucking walking simulator.

Sure. It features quite a few rather sketchy choices.

But the bizarre reason people overlook them is that it is actually a really GOOD game, and not at all a really bad one.

Well, trying to see it from the perspective of someone who doesn't play older RPGs and I could imagine it would be difficult to find a lot to like about Morrowind

i was late to the elder scrolls series--skyrim was my first--and i still consider morrowind my favorite. but i enjoy the series in general, i wouldn't consider myself anti-bethesda or anything, so maybe my opinion is moot

>there are so many design decisions that are the sort of decisions that are made in a really BAD game
Like what?

Not him, but off the top of my head:

>No easy way of fast traveling to all those villages out in the sticks that you need to go to for so many quests
>You can make poisons but you can't poison weapons
>You can't take this resource from its naturally occurring spot because I say it's MINE!
>Can't enchant armor with fortify effects unless you find the one rare monster type that has a big enough soul

Your opinion is who?

Those aren't bad decisions or flaws, that's just how they made the game. Not every game should have fast travel or make it really easy to enchant stuff

How about the terrible VOICE ACTING, GRAPHICS (EVEN FOR THE TIME), OPEN WORLD FULL OF FUCKING NOTHING,COPY PASTED DUNGEONS, """""""STORY"""""" AND >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GAMEPLAY

I get people not liking it; I don't get people streaming onto Sup Forums to get themselves validated by constantly making threads about it.

Oh, maybe I do.

>>You can't take this resource from its naturally occurring spot because I say it's MINE!
lolwhat?

>>Can't enchant armor with fortify effects unless you find the one rare monster type that has a big enough soul
How is this bad design? Fortify effects are supposed to be the hardest, most expensive enchants to create.

Oh

>No easy way of fast traveling to all those villages out in the sticks that you need to go to for so many quests
you can mark and recall to literally any point you want instantly

Its just retards that want to troll.
They have nothing to add.

Don't forget to try Morrowind with OpenMW

>its a walking simulator

discarded.

if a game needs mods to be good, then its not good

You can't debate it.

This too, "muh mods will fix it" even with mods it's shit.

OpenMW is an engine replacement, not just a mod. It replaces that old ass engine with a better one.

This thread reminded me I still haven't played Morrowind yet
Any essential mods or recommended playstyles for a first time?

>Can't enchant armor with fortify effects unless you find the one rare monster type that has a big enough soul
>have to slay a god and steal his soul to craft a powerful artifact
Fucking wow, it's almost like every task is an adventure. Who would want that in an RPG? Fucking Morrowind, just give me hours of mindless grinding and waifus already.

Just play Daggerfall. /vr/ has had a comfy thread going since September.

OpenMW.org

Morrowind doesn't need that. New players try to start playing a 13 years old game today an complain that the game is old (duh), so they need mods to make their experience "better", 'cause they are used to playing more recent games.

You already played it and is mad you shitty game is irrelevant.

You can only do that for one place at a time, and you have to actually BE there. If you have to walk through the wasteland to get somewhere and then return to the questgiver, recall does jack shit.

Ebony mines

>These are things about the game that are dumb and could easily be fixed
>They were done intentionally
>But they're not bad decisions!
What did he mean by this?

Oblivion and Skyrim both let you give any enchantment with any soul gem. You just needed larger souls to get higher quality enchantments, and there was more than one monster that dropped it. Plus enchanting is RNG, so what's even the point of doing it at all when you can just use Umbra and the Fists of Randagulf? The entire skill is redundant.

I'm not too torn up about the lack of voice acting, and graphics fags are cancer, but being forced to walk everywhere wouldn't have been NEARLY as bad if there were things to do.

weak ass bait

>Ebony mines

I still don't follow. You can take the ebony from those mines?

this is some nitpicky shit user

As much as I love Morrowind, it's pretty shitty to be honest. It's one of those things where you fill in the gaps and create your own, intimate experience. Your own playstyle probably differs hell of a lot from the others. The game is just as good as you want it to be, as crazy as it sounds.

Still, Vanilla Morrowind is superior to its offsprings, with mods or not.

>cast resist magic
>put on boots of blinding speed
>pray at altar in vivec for half an hour of max levitate
>fly across entire continent in under 5 minutes

hey hey, hold there captain edgy, don't go jumping to conclusions newfriend.

This. Morrowind is just a gimped Daggerfall to begin with, and Daggerfall is a free download from Bethesda's website.

Just download it here. Runs on everything. Takes 30 seconds.

wiwiki.wiwiland.net/index.php?title=Daggerfall_:_DaggerfallSetup_EN

>make a strong potion of ump
>make a strong spell of jump
>use both
>cross the map in one simple jump
>use levitate spell before you hit the ground

Not only that, but the community has created an easy to use installer that includes all kinds of unofficial patches, fan quests and QOL mods, and nowadays you can use a software synthesizer to make the soundtrack 10/10 without needing an expensive external sound module.

>tfw Argonian

I have made a huge mistake.

>Daggerfall is a free download from Bethesda's website
Don't use that shitty version.
Use

If you do, it counts as a crime because apparently "the emperor owns these mines!" or some bullshit.

>Asks for examples of bad design decisions
>Complains about people providing examples of bad design decisions

agree

>If you do, it counts as a crime because apparently "the emperor owns these mines!" or some bullshit

Yes, stealing ore from a mine someone else owns...is a crime.

If this isn't bait then you just don't understand that you can't do everything in a game without consequences and what you can do is limited until you progress further

>but being forced to walk everywhere wouldn't have been NEARLY as bad if there were things to do.

Are you a fucking retard?

>If you do, it counts as a crime because apparently "the emperor owns these mines!" or some bullshit.
dude what kind of world do you live in

but morrowind is one of the best rpgs ever created.

what are you doing with your life user

more like he never actually played the game long enough to know how great it is. even with out fast travel there are loads of quests you only find by walking the world.

This reminds me of people complaining about the combat system in Morrowind. They don't like it because they don't understand how the combat in the game works.

You see kids, when you can't understand how a game woks, that doesn't mean the game is bad... it just mean you're stupid.

Maybe you just got used to playing recent games. You know, where everything is easy, you can get anywhere just clicking the map, hell the game even tells you were the nearby hostiles are. But remember that not all games need to be like that.

"you don't understand it" is the shittiest excuse ever, it's a fucking game, there is no way people will not understand it, fucking plebeian.

Counterpoint: all that stuff is good

if you hate the game you clearly didnt understand it or the genre is just not for you

>They don't like it because they don't understand how the combat in the game works
No, I don't like it because it's literally impossible to die for anyone with a half competent character build beyond level 5.

88 hours is most definitely long enough.

I rate things objetively, plebshitter, and morrowind is one of the worst games ever, basically the justin bieber of games.

Rebuilt fixes that if I remember correctly.

Taking the combat as an example again. When you understand how it works, the stamina, the major skills weapon thing, you stop disliking it, because you begin to realize you're playing it wrong.

>it's a fucking game, there is no way people will not understand it

Are you always this stupid?

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh WAT

Litetally no depth, difficulty and boring as fuck too. Rpg mechanics are not excuses.

ah.. play Skyrim user, sounds like your kind of game.

i firmly believe that anyone who disrespects morrowind is trolling, underage, or has disgusting taste.

WHAT WHAT WHAT

Morrowind at least has shitty rpg mechanics.

this is one of the worst threads ive ever read and even r9k was better than this garbage

there are so many grammar decisions that are the sort of decisions that are made in a really BAD thread (which it is) and yet it seems people overlook them for some bizarre reason??

For a first time playthrough I'd go mostly vanilla. Just some bugfix mods like Morrowind Code Patch and Morrowind Patch Project. If you're playing GOTY then also get Delayed DB Attacks and Solstheim Rumor Fix to make expansions not show up too early for new characters.

As for playstyle, really whatever you want. Morrowind has the most varied and interesting magic effects of the series, but you don't have to be a mage to benefit from them if you'd rather make/buy potions, enchantments, or just use the powerful scrolls that are lying around in many dungeons and magic shops. The one thing I'd suggest is that if you do intend on casting spells, pick a race and/or birthsign that increases your maximum magicka. Almost everything else can be made up for with some training, but if you make a warrior and decide you want to become a mage you will regret neglecting those early choices, at least until you can get a bunch of constant effect fortify enchantments to bring your mana pool up.

has good advice. Daggerfall is worth checking out. It's not all that similar in design to Morrowind or the newer TES games, though, and people who say things like have only ever read about the game at best. The world is gigantic and nothing besides the main quest is handcrafted, but it has the deepest class creation and a dynamic reputation system driving everything and reacting to the quests you complete and fail, making for a very interesting open world RPG with a lot of replayability. Get it from and I recommend installing everything except for the fan-made quests and the dagskills component for your first time.

Make sure to immediately save after creating your first character then run EyeOfArgonia if you want a higher view distance.

The same advice from Morrowind applies here: if you want to use magic in Daggerfall don't forget to pick an Increased Magery advantage or you simply won't have the resources to cast much of anything early on.

>You know, where everything is easy
i hope you aren't implying morrowind is somehow difficult

>people always biting the bait
I don't understand why
are you massive retards?

Literally the DD thread from earlier with the title replaced with morrowind

Mods are kind of part of the game. The game did come with a mod maker.

>level 5 sword man
>lucky enough to get a daikatana with a fire enchantment from the first dungeon i entered
>literally unstoppable
>walk into random dungeon
>hit with a debuff
>down to 0 strength
>get gangbanged by 2 daedra
>die

>this entire post
Oy vey... how old are you

should I use the mod that removes fog? I've been told by Sup Forums that it makes the world look really small and I should complete my first walkthrough with fog

what do you think?

I never played without fog, it bothered me a little at first but I didn't notice it later on. I wanna try fogless, but I wouldn't know. Do whatever's more fun for you

people seem to think it is.
>meh, can't fast travel
>walking is hard
>meh can't hit target
>meh why I walk so slow
>story is boring
>no voice acting, so much reading.

>removing fog makes the world look small
how is that even supposed to work

because you can see the island limits and it feels like a smaller island

I guess I'll do it with fog

>first game
>want to be a melee fighter
>make axe main skill
>hit everything
people who has trouble with morrowind's combat is brain damaged

fog is merely there to reduce lag, so if your peecee can handle the gorillions of rendering cubic computer meters then play without fog you ape

The problem is that it's clunky and boring.

everyone in this thread is super angry and biased. what a shitty thread.

>gorillions of rendering cubic computer meters

I didn't knew Gorilla was a unit, thought it was a form of warfare

that's not what everyone on Sup Forums says, they complain about what I said but they're trying to bait though

if you find it clunky and boring maybe somewhat old games aren't for you

That is not true.
I played Fallout to completion twice.

Let's just agree that the game will never met your requirements, what ever they are.

>ape
you'd be dead irl now

typical american education

shut your whore mouth before i gas you

What did you just say to me you little bitch?

kill yourself before I conquer your pozy faggy ass hitler

What the vehk did you just vehking say about me, you little n'wah? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Hortator's followers, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on the Dwemer, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top marksman in the entire Tribunal armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the vehk out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in Mundus, mark my vehking words. You think you can get away with cursing me and my palls from Oblivion? Think again, fetcher. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the aurbis and your plane is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, kwama. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re vehking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Tribunal and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of Mundus, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” curse was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your vehking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn s'wit. I will shit CHIM all over you and you will drown in it. You’re vehking banished from this starry heart, kiddo.

There's a lot of winding paths in Morrowind. Vivec, for example, can feel like quite a trek from Seyda Neen but they're actually practically right next to each other, and with only a slightly increased view distance you can even see the city's velothi towers from the ship you start the game in. It's usually that moment that surprises people who've played with the fog for a long time.

I don't think there's anything wrong with extending the view distance a little. I'm something of a purist and like my first plays of games to be as originally designed, but if you don't want to then removing the fog certainly isn't going to ruin your experience. If you honestly can't decide for yourself then just start off as close to vanilla as possible. You can always remove the fog later if it starts annoying you.

dont talk to me that way you arrogant worm

le no stamina bait image

yeah I shouldn't talk to homosexuals
fuck off fag and bye

MW threads usually are. It's always shitters who don't know how to play the game or assmad apologists who can't even conceive of the notion that people who played the game may not like it, which inevitably leads to NO U instead of actual discussion

disgusting vermin like you needs to be neutered