B-but Valve is trying to make it as perfect as possible because of the high expectations

>b-but Valve is trying to make it as perfect as possible because of the high expectations
>b-but Valve is still a friendly and caring company
>b-but Valve still makes games and content
>look at all this evidence!
>it's "leaked" pictures of folders named HL3 with a wink-wink nudge-nudge

So user, when did YOU realize that HL3 and L4D3 won't happen?

Some point around dota 2's release.
They're making substantial income off other people's creations.
The only reason they'd ever make hl again would be when they're a decaying relic of the industry and need to get massive gamer clout back FAST. Then they'll crank out hl3 and l4d3 in a couple months based off the mountain of unfinished assets they probably have.

it will probably come out soon. be patient.

Stop being retarded, it's never going to happen, valve wouldn't waste the development time.

>they sell other people's games
>the content for their own games is now made by other people

To think they used to make quality games just a few years ago...

>HL3 is never going to happen
>Source 2 was made for no reason
>All of Valve's employees only make skins
>Gaben didnt say that he is working on HL3
>Being this dense

they might if they are bored. if you knew how the company operated you would know that. Its basically a company of people working on their own individual projects. if not half life 3, then probably some other IP.

HL3 I get but what the fuck why no L4D3? Especially after the controversy of 2 coming out so fast. I feel like it's been enough time, shit.

Can I call you Mr. Wisdom?

Yeah, just as we've been told for the past 9 years.
It'll be great just like every game that took a decade or more before release, right?

I probably figured it 5 years ago. It's bullshit they left the series on a cliffhanger, but hey, the same thing happened to me with the Legacy of Kain series, so I'm used to it just sort of ending.

im still hopeful. mostly because i assume they are still working on a new source engine. i dont expect it for awhile. i wouldnt be surprised if they wanted to make sure it would be VR compatible or something but i dont expect any new games before the new engine. Who knows what we will be looking at time wise. i dont have any expectations or hopes really. just gonna wait and play what other games are out there

Why would Valve make a game? They're a publisher now, not a developer. It's commercially risky which means it's not worth it.

You can thank Capitalism for corrupting all that you love. Valve wasn't the first, they won't be the last. Everything you love will be consumed by Capitalism. Rise up. Become a Commie, like me.

Is there anyone who deep down still doesn't hope it'll eventually happen. Like vidya miracles still exist man, I want to believe.

I did know they wouldn't release HL3 the day HL released. I must have some kind of power.

>commercially risky

I mean can they really not afford to do what ever they want at this point.

Why don't you guys just make a fan game of Half Life 3, if you want it so badly? Valve might pick it up and make it canon.

HL3 will release exclusively on the Xbox Scorpio.

>they still think im not working on HL3

Why would a shareholder want Valve to make a game?

The fuck, I don't want some fan shit I want real HL3. Don't insult me.

>folders
>more folders
>wink wink nudge nudge

Yeah sure.

leaked concept art + 3 interviews where gaben talks about HL3.

stop being a retard

>people actually believe all that bullshit
Funny how nobody at valve wants to make any video games, huh?
Oh wait, that's because it's a fucking job not a nursery, they do what gabe tells them to do which is making shit controllers and writing terrible drivers for barely functioning vr gear.

Don't worry pal, I'm right here with you.

I guess I don't enjoy standing in line for bread as much as some people..

Being a faggot isn't a power. It's a choice. Or you're born that way. Doesn't matter to me .

HL3 or not why the hell cant they just make ANYTHING. I just want more valve games god damn.

>release sequel in a beloved franchise
>the game would be an enormous commercial hit because the previous game ended on a cliffhanger
vs
>make shit controllers nobody asked for
>make shit Steam machines nobody asked for
>make shit VR nobody asked for

Yeah, they would never invest in something as stupid as a very anticipated game.

Alternatively
>release sequel in a beloved franchise
>everyone pans it as being casual garbage, too short/long, too linear, unplayable gameplay, ugly, incoherent, valve loses all clout as a game developer and people slowly start dropping steam after losing faith

Im afraid that if they do ever make Half Life 3 it will be a slot machine.

Why did they create Source 2.0, though?

It will come out eventually and be the next Duke Nukem Forever.

The game is remembered too fondly. Play it again, it had some great moments and innovation in the series, but it has been overly romanticized.

Who really plays video games for the story anyways?

reminder that half life is the only (released) IP created inside valve

same reason other people would
valve's not publicly traded

There is one and supposedly it's even worse than one would think.

I hope they call it Episode 3 just to piss off all the children screaming for half life 3

Dota 2 and uhhhh
Yeah, that's it

because you aren't
your employees are
you came to the international in sweatpants and sandals you really expect us to believe you still make games?

If they want to go full shitpost they'll call it Half-Life.

You think they create an engine for just one game...?

2 of those youtube videos are down, the third is the CorwbCab compilation of all the times Gaben dodged answers.
And those models in the top row look ugly as fuck and are probably fanmade bullshit.

There isn't a single game dev out there that makes a engine for one game
Engines are very costly to make and only done if you know future games using it can make a return and would do better because of it.
Otherwise you go bethesdas route

I realized valve wasn't a game developer anymore about 5 years ago

>shareholder
That's not how valve works.

Shit. If they had shareholders we'd be seeing a new Half-Life released every year

At this point why bother
They're making millions off from Dota 2 and TF2 both alone and those games are F2P. Add in CS:GO (P2P) and you've got even dozen millions more. Steam? Throw a few billions this time. They don't need to make another game ever.

Because source 1 runs on dinosaur code from quake 1 and barely properly supports dx9 while windows 10 barely properly supports dx9 too, they just wanted something future-proof for compatibility.

>HL3 announced
>It's a mobile clicker game with microtransactions

I hope.

years ago, I remember getting my hopes up a couple years back for some stupid e3 shit rumors, but yeah, I've given up hope.

if it gets released some day, sure I'll play it, like all will, but still. I think the magic is gone.

After the 8th E3 without Half Life 3 news

hl3 is the only game that could make me upgrade my toaster so it would be good for my finances if it doesn't come out

>HL3 will be on consoles.
The generation it potentially will be release won't be able to handle it. Probably get ported for the next.

i like how everyone thinks HL3 is a dead idea.
that it will never live up to the hype.

i think most of you underestimate the marketing power valve holds.
if they ever want to release a game named Half Life 3, they will market it so far up your collective underage asses, it will feel to you as if Jesus was knocking on your front door with ice cream treats.
Even though most of you were not there to see what the original HL did for video games.

Keep on buying shit.

This isn't a 16 year old with a thousand dollars. Valve doesn't have a checking account with a billion dollars in it that is labelled "spending money". They are a full fledged business with many people to employ and people to answer to. You can't just risk enormous amounts of money and job security whenever you feel like it.

Apparently not enough money to be allowed to create Half Life 3. Sad when you think about it really.

>enormous amounts of money
doesn't have to be

When they made paying for sprays a feature in csgo.
Valve are greedier than goblins

>greedier than goblins
#notallgoblins

I don't even know, but I stopped really believing for a long while now. Maybe it'll come out at some point, but I'm not really waiting for it anymore.

Valve doesn't have shareholders, it's a private company.