Touhou gameplay thread

What was the best shottype in the whole series and why was it Mima

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/kdwrhu.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tell me how to get past Catadiatropic and Counter Clock. And Cranberry Trap. Surprisingly lack of good guides or videos.

Using Marisa B

I prefered Youmu's TD shot

Mima was a generic speed shot, I'm not sure why you claim to love it so much user.
Love Sign Marisa is the same thing but with piercing lasers.

Cranberry Trap is fairly simple. Stream the homing bullets, just maneuver around the fixed ones. You can tell by their color which is which, it's very consistent once you get it down.

I'll try making Webms for the other two when I can.

Thanks brother

Love Sign Marisa is okay, but her damage is still lower and Mima has perfect movement speed.

>Mima
But that's not Homing Amulets

I think this is MarisaA, but same concept.

>Homing
Spot the casual.

Thanks man.

Is Yukari harder than this shit? My goal is to beat every Extra stage but I've wasted so much time just on Flandre.

I'd say Yukari in general is harder, but this is all subjective. The only hard parts of Flan to learn, for me, was the stage and Maze of Love. I did Yukari way before Flan, though, so I can't really compare the learning processes.

Here. The strategy on this one is fairly self evident, but I would personally recommend to give the lasers a lot of respect. Like in the other older games, it takes a second for the laser hitbox to come out, but once it does it's surprisingly large (larger than the sprite, if I'm not mistaken.) I can't tell you how many times I've been clipped by it thinking that I had it.

I would consider Flandre one of the easier extra bosses.

Well jeez, user, I guess I'm just not needed at all.

Nah, you're fine. I made these like a year ago or more. I don't really browse these threads anymore, I just happened to check this one.

>I don't really browse these threads anymore
Why?

>he has to ask
You must not be much of a regular, either.

Mostly because autists made them not fun. Plus there hasn't been anything new since LoLK and they were getting stagnant even before that.

>Happen to drop by in this thread
>WebmAnon makes webms for almost all Flan's spellcards I had trouble with.

Thanks man,I appreciate those webms.
If it's not too much trouble, can you also make one for "And Then Will There Be None?"?
Mainly the beginning blue bullet trails, but the second half would help too.

I'm also having touble with Q.E.D., but I figured a webm isn't gonna help me that much on that one.

I'm just looking for ways to improve them

Touhou is more than just games, user
We do get new stuff every now and then

>I'm just looking for ways to improve them
Well, we can start by stopping this meta shit and talking about Touhou.

Like, the fact that Luna isn't fazed at all by the skulls and stuff in CP's hell dungeon. She looked excited, even.

Alright, sorry for the delay, had to make a new replay for this one.
I wish I could say that I have this one down consistently, but it's actually really tough. What I found works best his camping in the bottom right portion of the screen, since it's both a fairly safe spot, and one where Flandre is going to be stopping often.

I was planning on making a webm of Flandre's survival card, actually. Happened to capture it while getting Catadiatropic. Will probably upload it elsewhere though because trying to fit survival cards into 3 MB is a fucking pain.

Yeah, I remember this webm from a while back, now that you mention it.

And I forgot the webm.

>Will probably upload it elsewhere though because trying to fit survival cards into 3 MB is a fucking pain.

Why not just split it into two parts?

Also, I didn't even remember I had a hard time with Catadiatropic.
Doing God's work user.

my.mixtape.moe/kdwrhu.webm
Probably not the best example of this card (I was honestly messing around a bit at the beginning, not expecting to capture the card.)
I'm not sure if this is the best advice, but I personally like guiding Flandre around the screen, it order to try to create as many gaps in her bullets as possible. Aside from that, it's mostly just looking for openings and not allowing yourself to get stuck.
The second part is entirely fixed, so as long as you didn't accidentally fuck yourself over in the first bit, you should be able to get it fairly consistently. I will admit though, even now I find the card a bit scary.

Thanks, user.
As to why I'm uploading it this way, I have split cards in the past, but it's such a huge hassle and I hate doing it. And even if I split it, it comes out low quality anyway.
Besides, this will give me an excuse to make that other webm I wanted to make at some point.

And an extra one that nobody asked for because I finally managed to capture it with Marisa B during a failed run.

Yeah, new fairy manga was cute. Was this the first time we see CP speak and write English?

>non-homing
Spot the tryhard.

I like Kaguya.

No. Every time she uses a non-standard font when talking, that means she's talking in English. It has happened a few times already.

>That webm
You goddamn madman, how did you manage to capture it that way?
I usually follow the route in pic related because the bullets move a lot slower and the layers are further apart, as opposed to that webm imo.
Although I admit, that maneuver at 0:10 was something else. And with Marisa no less, well done.

I'm a homingfag myself, but Needles or any Marisa shot works wonders on Flandre.

Anyone who isn't called Mokou does.

I'm not called Mokou and I don't.

nice try mokou