Metroid Prime

Why has no game been able to capture what this game did?
Also Metroid thread.

Requesting 3d metroidvadias like prime.
bonus points if it's in first person.

Prime 2 was pretty good though.

2 and 3 did.
too bad we'll never get 4

Dead Space in a sense

Why would there be a 4 when Phazon and the titular Metroid Prime are destroyed in 3?

I really don't care what the reason for it is. I just want prime 4, it's my favorite series.

Powerslave EX. It's a PC port/remaster of the PSX shooter with the same name. Fun combat and level design.

It was taken down by the dev for copyright reasons but it's not hard to find a torrent. Protip: You need to manually create a save folder, otherwise the game wont save your progress.

How does it stack up to Prime?

Something like prime takes lots of actual talent to make.
Plus so much of it is the antithesis of what casuals want nowadays with it being a nonlinear exploration game with atmospheric and lore based story instead of a linear actiony shooter with cutscenes out the ass.

2 is debatable, it has atmosphere, but it's a different type than 1.

3 is just wrong.

I especially liked backtracking through empty rooms over and over, fighting tiny worthless animals just to get back the health I lost tripping over them, checking the convoluted map after every single door.
I also loved to get to a location, discover I still need the Hydraulic Arabian Hookshot (Enhanced version) to reach a platform, and trod through miles of barren rooms to try and see whether that OTHER door that I can now open is reachable.
I don't understand how someone could love this much backtracking, this much dead time.
Maybe people liked scanning every single plant for nonexisting achievements?
Exploring secret areas hoping to get a missile expansion (and nothing else because every single interesting device is just a mandatory step to finish the game)?

I swear combat is like 20% of this game. 10% is platforming, and the remaining 70% is checking the map and navigating rooms you've already seen.

Did you raid an Aztec tomb to find that ancient bait?

You couldn't backtrack in Dead Space, could you? Every chapter was like a little hub area you did stuff in before taking a tram to the next hub.

I want to say Bioshock had the same structure, but was closer to something like Prime but they only gave you the ability to backtrack even though you couldn't actually do anything new in old areas.

It plays more like an convential FPS and has more dynamic gunplay. It doesnt have a lot of lore but the Ancient Egypt setting is well done. Secret hunting is not as extensive as in Prime but there are plenty of stuff to find. Backtracking can be cumbersome as levels "reset" once you have completed them and you'll have to revisit a few of them quite often, especially Karnak.

Probably my favourite oldschool FPS.

Which version of prime is best, original or trilogy?

Also, does anyone else think Echoes was the best in the series? It was a rwally uniqur game and I think it all came together for me.

Original, motion controls are cancer.

I prefer the original because I'm an autistic speedrunner, but the Trilogy version is also solid. One of the few cases where Wii pointing controls didn't damage a game.

>His pose

................................Jojo?
Like, is that a Jojo reference?

You want more Metroid games like the prime series is what you mean I am guessing.

way too ambitious, think about it, Nintendo knows we do not want graphics like Federation Force, we don't necessarily want super realistic graphics, but a level of aesthetics that could please any sci-fi fan, and that would cost good money.

Just found out that completed stages can be skipped. If only I knew that earlier.