twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nothing

No Sakura really killed the game for Sup Forums

Thank you, $0.05 has been added to your bank account,

Its alright but its nothing yet compared to Ultra

Ill see what happens if they fix the game

>Sup Forums
>being anything other than a 2nd smashboards
The game's not anywhere near perfect don't get me wrong, but it definitely gets more shit than it deserves here. Mainly by memesters who barely play fighting games.
SF games are usually sort of weak on their first release, such has been the case since SFIII.

this

SFIV reached the OK level when Arcade Edition came. super and vanilla were utter trash. I hope the game is fixed for season 2 or something but as it is, the SFV vanilla experience is better than IV vanilla experience.
Its still rushdown central and shit overall, not hype and boring to watch at high level. Seriously, fuck SFV

it was below everyone's expectations, even for the people who knew the first version would be incomplete and it will (hopefully) get better with time.

Lately I seem to be waiting to play this more than I actually get around to playing it. First it was to get a new gpu and now I'm waiting for the post-CPT balance pass before I get back into it more than a few matches here and there.

On top of that all though I still really like what they've done with sfv.

IF HONDA ISN'T THE FIRST CHARACTER RELEASED IN SEASON 2 I'M GONNA PUNCH MIKE ROSS IN THE DICK

Sorry mate but Akuma and Abel will be the first ones back

C ya later stinker

>shit honda

no one cares, wasn't even referenced lol

Barely any story mode on launch
8 frames (not really too much of an issue)
Still hardly any SP content
Can't rebind keyboard on PC

Realistically, the game was still in alpha when it launched. It'll be decent by March of next year.

>8 frames (not really too much of an issue)

Just try to walk forward and react to a button without getting hit in the face

>8 frames (not really too much of an issue)

This is literally the reason I will not purchase the game.

damn son. is your brain broken or are you just dumb?

>Story mode
irrelevant in fighting games
>8 frames
(w o w thats pretty cool and interesting)
>sp content
laughable
>cant rebind on PC
what is a wired controller for 300 pls

It's 6.5 now so I assume you'll be buying it?

>any amount of native input lag
>me purchasing it

Zangief is shit enough already in SFV without also having to wait 6.5 frames to act.

MKX, Blaz Blue, KI, KOF, GG all have more SP content than SFV. It's important for casuals.

I agree it's an issue, but it's a rule they could/should have designed the game around. Players are mostly adjusting to it.

It's not as big of a deal in my opinion than the general lack of content and the time to find and play games online (even if the online is okay).

so in other words your talking out of your ass and probably never buying the game. i bet you your not even good enough for the lag to even effect you.

When will they ever buff Zangief? He's either mollywopping bronze shitters or getting shat on by anybody with a lick of sense in them.

I'd rather be playing KOF at this point.

people like bitching about this game because they like to see capcom fail. its a good game but the casuals dont like it because of no arcade mode.

I hope this game doesn't become fucking shoto central like SFIV ended up being

How do I win games with this memer?

have fun playing a dead game.

They did design the game around it (see overheads that are slower to compensate for said input lag). The only problem is that the meta is compensating for it by just ignoring extended neutral and just rushing in or abusing mechanics that are too quick to properly react to (ie. Nash V-Trigger).

first you got to get all warmed up

>so in other words your talking out of your ass
Nope.

>and probably never buying the game
That's literally what I said, are you illiterate?

>i bet you your not even good enough for the lag to even effect you.
If that were the case I'd have bought the game. Given the fact I'm not buying the game based on the lag then one would reasonably assume it affects me doesn't it? You must be powerfully retarded.

Supposedly they're only balancing once a year at the end of the year.

I rather stick to third strike and alpha gold. Its not bad just vanilla as shit.

Too late. The bad players want to win too sometimes.

Yeah he was.

you pick another character

theyre memers who feel justified because of the shitty review scores from launch day. buy it on sale if you hate the idea of a full price game lacking arcade mode.

>People say that Alex is OP
>Other people can't figure out how to win with Alex

why can't these two groups of people exchange advice

Remove aa jabs, reduce the input lag more, nerf Ryu's meterless damage, fix Kens hitstop and ill play seriously again.

Literally every fighting game has native input lag

Street Fighter V is good, but the true unsung hero of the FGC deserves more love.

>Ryu's meterless damage
What is the problem? Ryu is so honest and has zero memes, he needs that damage.

The only way i know to win with Alex is to be really fucking patient and wait for a big damage opportunity, he also gets really fucking strong when vtrigger is up and running, so survive until you get that and preferably use it on a cancel.

>zero memes
what is jump in lk, crossup tatsu, and denjin mode

Fuck off

Forgot to included nerfing his jumping lk hitbox aswell

>Forgetting to nerf chun li as a whole
That bitch is way too good how can shit like that even pass on beta testing

>That walk speed
>Those fucking huge ass and fast normals
>Has a move to every possible situation
>Can cancel out of almost anything
>Air grabs and air legs
>Incredibly fucking offensive and vtrigger that lets her be even more offensive

You aren't fooling anyone, shill.

because they're both wrong

Alex is middlest of middle tiers.

Can we just make lariat USFIV tier again?

Not even Snake Eyez plays Zangief anymore. Do you not take that as an inherent character problem, Capcom?

Not even Snake Eyez. The dude held out for years and years and years in USFIV on picking up a pocket Evil Ryu for Rolentos and he gave up on SFV Zangief competitively within months.

he's lower mid tier if anything

I can understand being wrong about him being OP, but why don't the people who think he's OP talk to the people who don't know what the hell to do with the guy? The confused anger and frustration between the two parties might just cancel the other out.

>SFxT in mid
>SFV in trash

Opinion discarded

It's definitely out of beta now, but I would just wait for the season 2 announcement/bundle

>Hyper Street Fighter II not top tier
>Street Fighter EX plus Alpha not High Tier
>Soul Caliber V in high tier instead of IV
>Primal Rage and Beast Wars: Transmetals not Eldest God Tier

Shit list desu senpai

You realize ultra is 6 years into the game right?

People have serious amnesia about Vanilla SF4. And all iterations of SF4 in general.

Game had 16 characters. Just like 5. Everyone talked shit on it because it wasnt like 3rd strike. People shit their pants when daigo did a srk fadc into ultra. Because no one even knew you could do that.

Why doesn't he just main R. Mika? Too high-tier for him?

>he likes Ultra

Faggy 09er detected

she requires you to play dumb most of the time
snake eyez does not play dumb

Capcom stated at the beginning they arent touching anything until after capcom cup.

Literally no they don't, you dum-dum

She's a double edge sword. You can distract your opponent with the thiccness, but the fact is a nig is always gonna get more distracted by thicc than some chinks.

Also like practically a third of vanilla 4's roster were made of shotos, which annoyed the hell out of me.

Like I said, give it some fucking time. It's a fighting game where people are still learning tech and the meta is still being formed, not to mention that Capcom could always change it with a future update. People judging SFV for what is essentially just the first iteration of it are retarded.

Well she's pretty retarded when she gets you into the corner.

yeah which is why snake eyez won't play her

are you fucking retarded?

>People are disliking it even if it's new

I don't see what you're getting at here. You want people to unconditionally like the game because its meta is new?

I'm just saying it takes a long time until people start to get the most out of any new fighting game. Go back to any fighting game around the time of its release and look at it being played competitively. It's almost like another game entirely. People discover new tech, new strategies with older characters; new characters are released, older characters are tweaked, and sometimes there are even new mechanics or elements introduced. Give it some fucking time.

I'm just saying that writing it off as a failure is fucking stupid.

>so focused on hating a game you ignore reality

I sincerely hope this is bait

You paid $30 for the game more than likely.
$60 was way too much for what it was.

youre a dumbass

>Game has been "simplified for a wider audience" aka casuals who just want to mash buttons
>Slow as shit movement and walk speed
>Huge floaty jumps with next to no horizontal range
>Tiny ranged normal's
>Tiny hitboxes on everything
>Normal's have a shitty priority system
>Throws are slow as shit with no range
>Links are gone and combos are now mashable
>Huge buffer window
>No close standing attacks
>No neutral jump attacks
>Dizzy making people fall out of combos
>Game is full of comeback mechanics desinged to "lower the effectivness of player skill"
>Only super can chip kill
>V-Trigger a huge universal buff you get as a rewarded for losing
>V-Reverasl a get out of jail free you are rewarded with for losing
>Receve less damage the less health you have
>Worst roster in a street fighter game to date fan favorites replaced with characters no one wanted like birdie and rmika
>Risk/Reward is skewed due to high damage from jump ins yet pitifully low damage on anti airs and how you can no longer get large damage punishes from a jab
>Huge amounts input lag
>Constant fps loss on ps4 and high end PC's
>Random input drops
>Dumbed down mechanics
>Top players already saying the game is casual garbage
>P2W
>Game literally released in an unfinished state
>Online doesn't work correctly
>No punishment for rage quitters
>lobbies that dont even work most of the time with no flags or ping
>8 frames of input lag
>Actually install malicious Kernel level rootkit that grant unauthorized access to your machine

>go back to SF4 tonight
>remember all the links and stiffness bullshit
>mfw

>All these memes

Said like someone in bronze league.

>Get home from work
>Watch a couple of highlights before sleep
>Hyped as hell, can't wait to jump online
>Can't react to Ibuki's crossups and overheads
>Ryus in general with jlk throw dash dash throw
>Completely demoralized before going to work
>Rinse and repeat

I just want Oro on season 2 so I can occupy my mind in the lab

this, fuck dash and jump and rushdown fighter v.

>that cover art
>ripping poses straight from JoJo
why is this allowed

SFV Deference force assemble!

Activate delusion shield!
Deflect criticism!
Final attack, Mey-mey damage controller!

Posting your list on every fighting game thread isn't going to make it any less shit user

capcom sold out

>Last Blade 2 in low
>SFXT not in garbage
>SFXT even being in the same tier as Project Justice
>umvc3 that high

This happens with every modern street fighter game. The bad/casual players gravitate towards shotos because they're easy to use and win with.

>complaining about this when it birthed this amazing costume

everyone laugh at the homo

>2009 was 7 years ago

Being a 09er shouldnt be an insult now.

Daigo and Tokido confirmed casuals

>Melty Blood not even on the list

I honestly dont want anyone at this point, SFV just butchers everything good out of a character.

it's over

chun-li's transformation into a ghetto fabulous asian is complete

this is actually hilarious.

yea its all shit

I've recently been learning alex and having moderate success with him. (super gold rank)
Basically you play patient, use your long range normals and always anti air with jab or crouch fierce at the right spacing.
Once your opponent makes a mistake you can punish them hard as he does daddy damage.
Mix in a couple command grabs and very sparingly his stomp/jump grab specials.
His charged elbow special is good for pressure as well but don't spam it or they will neutral jump or just react and punish you.

>Tfw the underboob is real

Similar stuff here.

>go back to Ultra on fight night
>nobody wants to play it or gets bored
>go back to Revelator, 3S and kof xiv

I always tried to like SFIV but couldn't get into it. Stupidly got each iteration hoping something would hook me like 3S did. It was only interesting to watch tourneys since it was the current SF.

>i used to main Zangief, Alex, Urien and Vega

I fucking hate this game, i can't wait for them to fuck up Abel, Makoto, Hugo, T Hawk and Dudley. The only character they might get away with is Dan but he is already shit by default.

I've tried playing Vanilla and Ultra this month. Vanilla fucking sucks and USF4 is fun but it depends on the match, some characters are a absolute bore to fight, shit like Blanka for example is just fucking awful.

*sigh*
The quality of this general has gone down alot since SF4.

*sniff*

Two things are guaranteed here.

>they fuck up Makotos face like Ibuki
>her headband scarf clips through everything

>oh boy I can't wait for guile
>looks like they're mostly keeping him intact, he'll shut this nonsense rushdown game down for sure
>character comes out
>fuckload of recovery on his sonic booms
>flash kicks have no hit invincibility
>no proximity normals in casual fighter V so I can't anti air far jumpins with far MP while retaining charge
>pokes have been gutted to shit, cr MK which was always his main poke is next to useless
>v-trigger has a fuckload of startup so you can't use it as a reaction tool to pause the game like Ryu, Necalli, and Cammy can
>terrible throw range
>can only sort of play lame but ultimately has to go in like every other character at some point

But mahvel combos!

09ers will always be the worst trash. Along with 13ers.

Reminder SFV has 8 (Eight) frames of input delay, reminder that 8 frames of input delay removes footsies and strategy from the game and basically turns it into a mashing slugfest

youtube.com/watch?v=3CBEVIDwge0
youtube.com/watch?v=zwalITH_cGY
youtube.com/watch?v=ap369ES-6Xw

The pro players are on a completely different levels than casuals and online players, they live and breathe this shit.

Bad/casuals playing online will have more success with ryu and ken simply because they're easy to use and win with, they would get wrecked by anyone who takes the game seriously.

go watch some chris g or other good guile player videos
guile can be a fucking impenetrable wall in this game, you simply need to be good compared to sf4 where anyone could turtle with guile because the retardly fast booms and beyond godlike anti air crouching fierce punch