Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=htmrLNXv2jA
youtube.com/watch?v=1SiylvmFI_8
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Traya
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Guys get in here. KotoR thread

>picks toughness at level 1

Yes

Yes. Starting class doesn't make a huge difference outside min-maxing.

>there will never be a bioware-style rpg like kotor or the first dragon age ever again

How do I make the pain stop

Favorite saber type? I always go single blade for aesthetic reasons.

Play thoses games, again.

Same.

Dual Wielding is too meme-y and Double Bladed is dumb as fuck.

Does dual wield work with dueling in both kotors?

Revan didn't "fall" to the Dark Side. He recognized the danger of the Old Sith Empire in the Unknown Regiojs, and his ear was just to force the Republic to build up its military. He never struck indiscriminately, always making sure to keep the underlying infrastructure intact. It's only after he was gone and Malek took over that things went south.

no

No. Dueling is single only.

It really boils down to 1h = accuracy DW= more damage.

The number diffs are fairly negligible in 2 IIRC, but in 1 DW is definitely physically stronger by a heft bit.

Games not hard though. Play however. Most builds and specs crush the game.

Only tip you need in KOTOR1 is level as little as possible pre-Jedi.

They're wasted levels for the most part.

It's a shame how the blasters just fall by the wayside for the main character. I like the idea of a gunslinger Jedi who only whips out the lightsaber in emergency situations.

One of the games blaster jedi is one of the strongest builds. Think 2?

Its 2. Cowboy Jedi is really damn good.

I'm your huckleberry.

Guys, do I need any mods for my first kotor II playthrough?

Restored content mod is absolutely required.

2, because disruptors are OP as fuck.

Need? No.

I'd use the Restored Content Mod though.

its lit

Wasn't restored content mod added to the actual base game on steam and its auto-patched?

I can't remember, does Jennifer Hale voice her?

>you will never play KOTOR II for the first time again

I've never felt this kind of pain before

godspeed faggot.

no but it was integrated with the Workshop and you can get the restored mod with one click baka desu senpai

Yes sir

it's jennifer hale but she does a really good fake accent that makes it hard to tell

God I love her. Numbuh 86, Sam from Totally Spies, so many good roles.

Well if you're min-maxing, that is THE build.

IIRC it's also listed as a recommendation on the store page.

play jade empire and then realise that it never ends.

>Using the Workshop

Unless you plan on using one mod at a time, I would suggest against it.

>Jade Empire remake with better combat never

restored content is really the only mod you need for the first playthrough lad

I'd say the main advantage to dual-wielding in KotoR 2 is double the lightsaber crystals.

how the FUCK do you get through Taris without leveling up? i get my ass kicked routinely unless I pick Guardian and stay leveled.

what am I missing?

Not just crystals, double everything. All the different components means you can get really versatile.

Lean on companions, savescum.

I got through without taking any levels, but it wasn't easy.

Is there a dragon age before origins?

It's not really worth it. The game isn't difficult enough to warrant that kind of min-maxing.

>game centered around combat
>the combat is shit

Carth is your only companion for most of it and he gets trashed as soon as you reach the Lower City

Oh here we go.

>le Origins is bad XD meme

>Zaalbar
>Mission

>game centered around combat

it's about the plot nigger.

you don't get them until you're deep in the undercity.

Best part of a dark side run is getting Carth to finally trust you, then completely breaking his spirit and faith in people.

This isn't a Metal Gear Rising thread, friend.

How do I play this on a modern PC, bros? And is KOTOR 2 really better? Never played it

You just play it. No special hoops to jump through that I'm aware of.

KOTOR II is darker and more mature, and it has a richer story. I personally prefer it to KOTOR I.

>tfw played KOTOR 2 first so you never really got to enjoy KOTOR

I did that. He ran and cried like a bitch on the beach and I murdered him.

Having Zaalbar strangle Mission is great too.

Going 6 i think on scoundrel is great for the 4-ish d6 sneak attack bonus. You get to apply sneak attack to cced enemies. So the it becomes the best build when you get high crit chance.

I always single saber because dual wielding is dumb but if you do DW you can kill any boss in one round with max haste and him having a cc on him and crit. On what ever the hardest difficulty.

>There are people that think female exile is canon

That build is fine, aside from the shitty Dexterity that should be at least 14. Strength is definitely the best stat for a Scoundrel/Guardian due to Sneak Attack and Critical Strike (which Scoundrels get for free), and there really aren't any better choices for feats than Two-Weapon fighting.

it's been 4 years since I played both KOTORS and i'm still iffy about running through Taris/Peragus again

>its been 4 years and i still haven't forgotten Trask Ulgo

no one should give a shit about post-Disney canon.

KOTOR II has a "skip peragus" mod on the workshop.

My first play though was female light side. Next up is dark Jedi Jesus.

>Start up KOTOR2
>Moral fagged it in 1 because all the dark side choices are goofy
>"Okay, they say this game really makes it hard to pick between light and dark in this."
>Decide to do dark run
>Land on planet
>Guy offers information
>Give him money because ey he's a criminal
>Kreia doesn't scold me for not killing him, but actually giving him money
>We watch as he gets fucking robbed of it within 5 seconds still in sight
>MFW

Will they ever may any game where the dark side or "mean" choice isn't purely retarded?

>Zaalbar
>Not the single best melee companion in the game
>Carth
>Not the best ranged duel wielder

I swear this is one game people don't know how to play

Grenades and land mines. I did a solo run naked until the dancer suit on the hardest difficulty. The hardest fight is actually the one with the dogs when you get off the first planet.

I feel like I'm just hurting the experience if I do, though. Yeah I know, beggar being a chooser, but I think I'll just slog through it again and try to appreciate what I can't remember.

>During my first playthrough thought that Canderous' silhouette on the party screen was Trask
>Thought he'd actually somehow be able to whoop that Jedi's ass and meet up with me later
>mfw I got Canderous and the realization hit me

It's always either be the second coming of Christ or a complete fucking asshole. No in between.

None of it is canon now that based Pablo stepped in and trimmed the fat.

I just installed this. I've never played before and am planning on starting on Friday and playing all weekend. What am I in for and give me tips and good character builds, I don't know what I'm doing.

Just feel your way through it. Game is easy, you'd have to actively try to make an awful build.

She scolds you no matter what you do
She doesn't even care, she just uses this as an opportunity to see if you'll actually listen to her advice

>Walk into cantina
>Just wanna hang with your girl and play some pazaak
>These two walk in and slap your girls ass
What do you do?

Ben kenobi, it looks like someone just, walked over your grave.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=htmrLNXv2jA

>he can't comprehend the moral complexities of the Nar Shaddaa beggar

the ultimate pleb filter

I disagree I liked it.

Kreia is an absurdly powerful sith lord, anything except genocide on a mass scale for the glory of the dark side disappoints her

Die in one combat round because Atton is set up to use blasters and I forgot all about that ambush again

youtube.com/watch?v=1SiylvmFI_8

That's a different beggar that gives you information, there was no reason to give the other beggar credits unless you wanted to help him. Kreia was right to tell your dumb ass off.

Bioware made such a shitty system that that's a good build even for consulars because of how insane two handed fighting plus knight speed plus flurry is. L2P + also Bioware is shit.

You failed her
Utterly and completely

Explain

>"Darth Vader!"
>"That's the rumor"
Kek

She's not a sith.

> Join Lyn by running around her in circles while she dances.
> Ruin Lyn's audition by taking a dive.

what are you, fucking retarded?

>Addon to make myself look like the MILF-y KOTOR2 Bastila
>Addon to make Handmaiden available to female mc
>Lesbian jedi sex ensues

> It's about the plot
> Every area has unskipable combat and by the end of the game you'll have fought countless times

Nice story game.

>Does dual wield work with dueling in both kotors?

In short. Yes. Due to the Level-Cap and Class Deficiencies in KOTOR 1 it's not viable to Master both sets of Feats.

The Dual-Wield Feat at the Mastered Level, removes the Point-Deficit that is imposed on Players (IIRC it was -6) when the MC/PC doesn't have the required Dual-Wield Feats to use Two-Weapons at their optimum. Which makes the damage potential of each weapon in each hand (whether Ranged or Melee) at the *weapon's* maximum strength.

The Dueling Feat adds an additional Point to both Offensive & Defense Stats per Feat Level. The maximum Feat's benefit being +3 which are linked to the Player's Attributes: Strength and Dexterity:

Higher Strength Attribute = Higher Success of contact/damaging against an Enemy NPC's Defense
Higher Dexterity Attribute = Higher Success of dodging/blocking against an Enemy NPC's Offense

APATHY IS DEATH

She sees the potential in you and wants you to kill the rest of the triad and become her apprentice.
Literally any choice the game allows you to make disappoints her

>play SWTOR as a qt Jedi
>meet qt Sith Lord
>bring balance to the Force, if you know what I mean

I could guess the song by the picture. I miss him and his patriotism.

>every area of life has unskippable breathing and by the end of life you will have breathed countless times
>life must be centered around breathing

KotoR 2 as a game by itself though is so rough and unfinished. Gets annoying at times, but gives it its charm. That fucking story though, goosebumps

Would you consider using medpacks/stims/adrenals in the inventory menu cheating?

Literally ALL you had to do was listen
And you somehow fucked that up

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Traya

She was a sith until her 2 apprentices cut her ties from the force and her ultimate goal is to reclaim herself as the dark lord of the sith by eliminating her past 2 students and the rest of the living jedi

MOTHERFUCKER KOTOR DARK SIDE IS FUCKING HILARIOUS

she's lying to you idiot. why do you think you fight her to the death at the end of the game? or was it to hard for you to finish?

No you stupid coon. Her end goal is the death of the entire Force.

Did you play the game?

No her ultimate goal is to make a new Jedi order where they don't rely on the Force blindly for fucking everything
She never planned on killing the council until they try to kill YOU, she wanted to show them what the council could be

You can do that? How the fuck have I never realised that after all this time?

>Kotor Uno
>Go to Tattooine
>Lady trying to sell a wraid plate to feed her kids
>Force trick her to give it to me for free
>feel bad later on while taking a shit