PS3 outlived the Wii and Wii U

>PS3 outlived the Wii and Wii U
>Still getting new game releases like Persona 5, Blazblue Central Fiction, Tales of Berseria, etc
>Online is free and still populated
>Still one of the best bluray players around
>Can be hacked like 3DS and open a huge list of homebrew and piracy

Can we finally agree that PS3 won and it has games now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vyufDxxWIsM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

360 is better

I'm still amazed that Sony turned around the PS3 after the shitty launch

>360 is better

L O L

ps3 has no games though

>PS3 has weeb games though
ftfy

PS3 is an interesting console

Sony lose tons of money with it but at the same time, it got several nice exclusives and it's doing fine to this day.

PS3 also has dudebro shit too

where's a laughing whores pic when you need one?

PS3 literally had no games for the first 5 years

>the dreamcast sold 10 million units faster than the wii u did

>still getting new game releases

folklore says hello

There are PC ports of those, save for Red Dead Redemption and other console only games.

>PS3 outlived the Wii and Wii U
What did he mean by this?

It always was.

PS3 started getting games around 2009. We had demon souls, uncharted 2, Valkyrie chronicles, brutal legends, and more.

Talladega Nights

Microsoft chased after motion controls for way too long and let Sony catch up.

Sony always wins

Thinking of getting one.

>killzone 2
>resistance 2

Exactly as he said, retard

The PS4 is inarguably better than the PS3 in every single way at this point.

>tfw you're on updated firmware and can't pirate your PS3

Sony's only strength is in the long game and has been since the ps1, the Wii stomped everything for four years but after that it was all ps3

>install CFW
>only play emulator once
>finally install OFW again years later

>red ring of death
>paid online
>only games people bought for it was CoD

>Can be hacked like 3DS and open a huge list of homebrew and piracy

Still needs an ancient-ass system version that most people don't have r-right?

Yeah that's when it started getting good games. 2008 was the year when MGS4 came out and people were like SEE WE WEREN'T COMPLETE IDIOTS FOR BLINDLY BUYING THIS OVER THE SUPERIOR SYSTEM AFTER ALL!

If you don't remember it the sonynggers were desperate as fuck in those years and scrambled after every exclusive scrap.

It only plays PS4 games so I disagree.

>red light of death
>no online for months at a time because lolPSN
>literally the same argument applies

>mfw even the fucking Vita managed to outlive the WiiU

played the fuck out of COD4 and fallout 3 on PS3

but i mostly played PS2 games since the laser died in it

Can I CFW my Super Slim PS3 without having to install E3 Flasher?

Just got a ps3 last month and I got more games for it this year than on my wii u. the only wii U i got this year was #FE, meanwhile I got blazblue CF, trails of cold steel 1 & 2 for ps3. Shitendo is damn incompetent. Fuck them, I can't take their shit anymore.

not a big fan of sony but i always respect that they support their systems for a long ass time

>Sup Forums actually kind of sort of maybe likes the PS3 now
holy shit I never thought I'd see the day

>YLOD
>dead blu ray drives
>$599
>no rumble until 2008
>shitty controller
>inferior multiplats for years
>inferior exclusives for years

get a ODE chip

gotta be on 3.55 OFW or have a PS3 model that can be downgraded, otherwise get a ODE chip they work on all models and firmwares.

no CFW allowed on super slim, only option is to get a ODE.

they don', they just look for any fucking reason they can to hate the PS4 because it's the clear winner of this generation

A Sonygger is a Sonygger

>tfw the ps3 got games faster than the ps4

>All the Japanese vidya for PS3

I've only got like 60 or so games for it, but goddamn have I gotten a shit ton of play time out of the system. I bought mine in 2011 and it was completely fucking worth it.

>you will never play resistance 2 online again

I admit that the Wii U was a huge commercial failure, but I still enjoyed the fuck out of it, having played more than 10 games for it and hundreds of hours on netflix.

And I'm going to enjoy the Switch, too

I miss the days of Sonyggers being bullied for years over the PS3 being a piece of shit with no games.

it's still a piece of shit, Sup Forums is literally going through the Zelda cycle with Sony platforms

>and hundreds of hours on netflix.
That one doesn't count, dude.

It does when I don't own a smart TV m8

>Blazblue Central Fiction, Tales of Berseria

These two will be also available on PC, so they don't count as PS3 games since they are inferior versions

I went through the trouble of downgrading my slim PS3 with a E3 Flasher so I could get CFW and play Tales of Vesperia in English.

It was well worth it. Got 100+ hours out of the game.

>no monster hunter
get fucked sonyggers

It got portable 3rd in 1080p tho.

>Japanese CoD

oh no woe them

The shittiest port ever and with no online

The port is just fine and it does have online. Sony made a IP tunnel program exclusively for the online for the game.

>tfw still have a launch PS3
>works perfectly
did the newer PS3's ever get backwards compatibility?

Also, not sure about Persona 5 but this one pretty likely to make his way to our PCs since basically all the japanese devs are jumping on the PC hype train

Man I have a 360 I play once in a while and I am not paying Gold to play 3 times a year. Also, that dpad... I really like my 360 but when I set it up I sometimes think I would have done better with a PS3. I never got rid of this 360 because of Rez HD tho, and that is not on PS3

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed by Atlus that Persona is never coming to PC because piracy hurts sales and most of their audience is on PlayStation.

>can be hacked
I have the same model as that picture. Can I hack mine?

What's your model number

The Vita is not being manufactured anymore is it? Wasn't it considered a legacy system?

Both were good but 360 was a pain in the fucking ass speaking from a retail wage slave perspective. Your opinion would change if you dealt with this cluster fuck of hardware.

>OG models RROD and we got notification from MS that they had ~50% failure rate so they extended warranties to send them in
>no hdmi on OG
>trays hang on all models
>power bricks shit out and the connections to the system differed between models making it a headache
>disc trays destroy discs in all models if wobbled, even to where resurfacing might not save a disc
>slim models often have shoddy WiFi that stops working completely
>had slims with fucked fans and trays

PS3 had ylod and a few Blu-ray drive issues buy I never experienced dread when I sold one. 360 felt like a ticking time bomb.

Digital only. At least all the PS3 can do PS1 games.

>new Blazblue and P5
>coming to PC

How easy is it to hack it?
I have one getting dusty and shit

Slim PS3s can play PS2 games though a software emulator but its not as good as having a fat PS3 with real PS2 hardware inside.

Maybe in 2006

who /rebug/ here?

CECH-2004A. From the fact you're asking, I assume OP was bending the truth and I can not hack my PS3.

ps triple is ABAP

>Wii Is dead
>PS3 is still alive?
>Yet still has not surpassed the Wii sales

Dam the Wii left a really big burn on the PS3.

I get this is a bait thread and the sony fags are out in full force to promote the new PS4 coming out but to say that the PS3 beat the 360 just shows you didn't get into gaming into about 2014.

360 DOMINATED the the late 00s with Halo. PS3 didn't have any exclusives as popular as Halo, and had to rely on a schtick like Wii (muh blueray) and by being cheaper.

Take in mind people, there are kids are were born in 2000 posting on this board.

technically all ps3s can be hacked, it's just matter of whether you gotta pay or you do it for free

>hacked like 3ds
Worst fucking console to hack holy shit
>cfw confusing as fuck
>nobody knows jack shit about how half any of it works
>Patching is a nightmare, dont even try playing online, [this content needs a license from the playstation store] and shit
>mfw got that fucking error on a psp emulator of all fucking things
>Try installing homebrew pkg
>Doesnt install/needs a license/ some shit like that
>Nowhere to download ps3 games without extremely shitty speeds
I hate my hacked ps3

Some games give a black screen freeze on Ps3.
Anyone knows some workaround?

Actually your PS3 can be hacked.

However, if it is above 3.55 firmware then you MUST use a hardware flasher chip like E3 Nor Flasher to downgrade your console so you can install CFW. Aliexpress sells the E3 flasher kit for $35 and the whole process of downgrading takes about 1 hour if you watch a video guide.

chad warden was right all along.

youtube.com/watch?v=vyufDxxWIsM

No. That's like saying: "Wow look at how awesome German cars are, can we say they won WWII now?"

>>Can be hacked like 3DS and open a huge list of homebrew and piracy
HOLD THE PHONE. WHAT?

don't blame your stupidity on the system.
at least i'll help you out with the download issue: downloadgameps3 com

>Said no one outside of America ever
>Nor even most inside of America
No. The 360 is not better.

thats honestly one of the worst analogies i have ever heard

PS3 is the easiest console to hack if you have the right firmware.

3.55 and lower is literally putting 1 file on your USB and doing a system update, boom now you can pirate any game you want. Just like PSP.

How much soldering and gutting do I have to do for the E3 flasher? Is it retard proof?

sounds like you're just dumb, m8

PS3 had more games that interest me than the 360 does, that makes it a better console to me

Simple as that

Yeah it is easy. But trying to get things to work half the time is super fucky. Setting up linux? Good luck finding an up to date guide on it. Trying to figure out why your pkg doesnt install because of license error? Not gonna figure that one out.
My main issue is the license errors, honestly.

>Sony console
>good
Get the fuck off my board, retard. Go back to NeoGAF and stop ruining the only safe haven from Sonyggers on the internet.

For your model, all you gotta do is clip on the E3 flasher chip onto your Nor chip. No soldering required. Very simple.

The most difficult part with the E3 flasher method is just taking apart your PS3 to reach your nor chip and then putting your console back together when you're done.

Can you play online if you have a cfw ps3?

>reddit

you have to go back

>i'm everybody
no wonder you replied, i hit the last point of my post on the head.

Someone spend valuable time in his live that he will never get back in making that image

Think about that for a sec

Yet no one talks about it, 3DS hacking is all that's ever discussed on Sup Forums with everything else in /hbg/ on /vg/. Why can't we have more threads on homebrew and hacking here on Sup Forums that isn't the 3DS/Wii U? I'd like to know if you can hack an X360 through software only

>Sup Forums in charge of analogies

License errors only happen when you try to install PSN pkg files like a dumbass. You can get around it by using the PSNstuff application on your PC to fix it.

Protip: Stick to bluray rips since they are more retard friendly for you.

I'm not the same guy. Is it different with each model?

That guy wasn't me, I'm not gonna hack it anyway. My PS3 only collects dust next to my well used Wii U and PC. Only bought the PS3 in the first place for Ni No Kuni and Katamari.

never had said error, tbqh
I just download retail games when i can and prefixed psn titles when a retail version doesn't exist. no licenses and other bullshit needed