Animal Crossing New Leaf Update Discussion

youtube.com/watch?v=5Bk3dAR0M68
Was the recent update enough to draw you back into the game? Discuss.

BESIDES AMIIBO-SHIT, some general QOL improvements made to the game:
>You can now sell your entire town to Tom Nook, who will evaluate it for a price depending on its prestige, you can then use these funds to start a new town.
>Villagers can now be "evicted" if your town is full and you are attempting to convince someone in an RV to move in.
>New Town Initiatives feature: offers "missions" for doing daily grind shit that rewards you with Meow Coupons to purchase furniture from the Campground
>You can now buy a Secret Storage from Nook which provides a large amount of storage space for shit that is accessible anywhere.
>You can now arrange your home's furniture with the touchscreen like in Happy Home Designer, requires passing a seminar with Lottie
>Having save data from Happy Home Designer grants access to ordering "giant" furniture from the catalog
>Two new minigames that don't require amiibo: Animal Crossing Puzzle League and Desert Island Escape (from amiibo Festival); accessed from the Wii U and New 3DS furniture which are obtainable from fortune cookies
>New camera feature that lets you take autistic pictures with villagers
>Screenshots can now be shared through social media directly
>Using a Mii Mask now changes the player's skintone to match.
>Fertilizer can now revive dead Perfect Fruit trees.
>Villagers can be invited to town from Happy Home Designer, and their house will feature the layout as designed by the player in that game.
>Balloons now give any kind of furniture instead of just balloon furniture
>Clothes can now be hung on the wall of a house
>You can now shake trees while holding tools
>You can now interact with items while sitting down
>You can now sit on rocks(!!!)

Please post any other subtle improvements you've found in the thread

Most of it is taking improvements from HHD and that's ok with me.

I don't feel like getting back into it. I'd rather wait to see if the Switch gets a new AC game. I've always preferred the home console versions.

>tfw need to system transfer before I use it

HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE BEST UPDATE EVER

Like holy cow it's almost a brand new game, this is unreal. Fuck man I almost believe Nintendo means it when they said Switch isn't replacing the 3DS.

Why did it take them so long for some of these things. I stopped playing this years ago.

I'll come back for the Switch game

The Switch isn't a console, user. Its a handheld with a dock

I always wished AC had combat of some sort. Even if it was just goof ghosts at night that you bonk with a bat.

If you don't want to fuck around with fortune cookies, the Tom Nook amiibo lets you trade 3 Meow Coupons for a N3DS or Wii U.

the whack a lawnmower game on the island.

Villager amiibo has a Wii U in case you only bought smash amiibo like me.

No, it's a console that is portable. There is a key difference between the two that most people cannot seem to grasp for some reason. What makes it either is the library of games. You shouldn't expect AC or a mainline pokemon game on it because it's a console and will maintain its own library instead of the shared effort of them both. As much as I'd like it to be a merger of both console and handheld, it is merely a console that is hand held. Can you follow what I'm saying

Does Isabelle amiibie or Digby amiibie have WiiU or 3DS?

Wendell's RV has orderable an sloppy sink and sloppy table. RIP collectors.

>What makes it either is the library of games
>Games haven't been announced for it yet but you assert that your opinion is fact

Isabelle amiibo gets you an isabelle new Nintendo 3DS

>table
wew I almost bought one the other day

>Clothes can now be hung on the wall of a house
>You can now shake trees while holding tools
>You can now interact with items while sitting down
>You can now sit on rocks(!!!)

Shit nigga I'm gonna have to start this up and see if my piss-poor town is worth enough money to start all over.

but can you finally sit at kotatsu?

>Nest egg feature
Hnnnng, I love you, Nintendo! I have been wanting a change of scenery for a while. This came at a great time!

>balloons give more than just that dreadful balloon furniture
I actually feel compelled to carry the slingshot and get my balloon badges from Phineas now.

Mario Kart. Zelda. Splatoon. Mario. All showcasing the power of your standard console game.

Do you really expect the incredible third-party support that the DS and 3DS will flock to the Switch when it lacks the so-called "gimicky" features the DS has? These handhelds are limited in power, sure, but they at least have the little things like touch screen, microphone, camera, etc. The Switch has none of these things. It has great graphics and power, which means very little to the loyal following of 3rd party supporters their handhelds have had. They work WITH the limitations and most simply don't have the manpower to settle for better graphics instead of creating weird sometimes niche titles that couldn't exist on a console.

The only thing the Switch has to offer is power on par or maybe greater than any other console out there at this very moment. Portability does not make it a handheld or sucessor to the 3DS. This shouldn't be this hard to understand for some people.

This alone almost makes the update worth it. There was no point to getting any upgraded slingshots because once you got all the (ugly) balloon stuff there was nothing else to shoot with them.

Still really hope this doesn't postpone the next actual full AC game, though. The Switch is going to be perfect for the series. It works as a portable time waster, but now they won't have to sacrifice content for the sake of it being on a handheld.

Players can perform a short dance when interacting with the campfire Public Works Project.
Players will pose in a fighting stance when interacting with a Judge's Bell.
Beans that are thrown on the ground in the Campground or Main Street will now attract nearby birds, who will land on the ground and eat them.

dumb fregboster

fuck off, Neo-Sup Forums frogposter

When you reset your town do you get to keep your items?

How big's the update? Maybe it's just my internet being shit at the moment but it sure is taking a while.

you have to re-buy them from the catalog, but you keep everything logged in there.

Did they rework socializing with villagers to be more like Magician Diary?

Really? That's great.

I'm assuming you have to go through the tutorial again too, won't you?

Don't suppose you'd know, but if you buy the invisible storage from Nook and then reset, do you get to keep that or do you have to rebuy it?

>complaining about internet in 2016

feels good not to live in third world

And before someone says, I don't necessary mean dating. I mean being able to hang out with them, they noticing your actions and what is happening and commenting on it. Something more fluid, less robotic.

its a completely fresh start, with the exception of some money and your furniture catalog, new town, tutorial and all, and you'll have to upgrade your home again, including the storage room.

You can sit in the RV and honk the horn

>Using a Mii Mask now changes the player's skintone to match

let's imagine i put a nigger mask
then pull it away

do i stay a nigger ?

America has datacap issues.
It doesn't have a problem with refugees though.

I updated my shit and it just black screens.

Should I start playing again? I lost my town when I set up emunand months ago

Once you go black you can never come back.

Get out of jail free card.

Put on a white mask and be like Michael Jackson? Literally change your skin tone?
What the fuck has this update done? It wasn't supposed to be this way.

Yes. It adds in an interesting new mechanic where you have to stealth around Booker.

Is it too late for me to buy Animal Crossing New Leaf or is it wiser to just wait for the next game?

>posting a direct
>for something that's released the same day

Fucking nintendo with this shit, blew my goddamn mind with the Ryu release for smash

STILL CAN'T CHANGE YOUR EYES FUCK

It used to be like that in City Folk, actually. I find it weird that it didn't change your skin color until now.

Yeah, "makeup" at the hair place should give an option for in game faces and not just Mii masks.

Has anyone figured out where you can actually fucking use the amiibos in game? I've been trying to find out all day.

How do I get Wisp? I just redownloaded and restarted the game today.

are you actually this retarded?
to use amiibos, find wisp.
to find wisp, go wander at night.

Excuse me for coming to Sup Forums to ask a fucking question.

Some texture/lighting shit got changed too, from what I've heard. I don't remember the time LEDs on the arcade machine being as bright or non-blurry. Could just be speaking out my ass of course, it's been a while since I've played.

>coming to Sup Forums to ask a fucking question.
I guess you are fucking retarded.

Well excuse the fuck of me for asking a question, you fucking asshole.

go read in /acg/ on /vg/.
every question is being answered there.

>went out and bought my first two amiibos for this
>have awakened the mentall ill hoarder in me and I'm sure to spend hundreds of dollars collecting the rest

>can't even find the fucking magic lamp to use them

you fucked me nintendo
you fucked me

Think I'll hop back into my old town to check it out.

So can villagers visit via RV without amiibo cards a-la the original campground?