Do you prefer the old CGI style of StarCraft?

Do you prefer the old CGI style of StarCraft?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NcghLSIpZlM
forums.spacebattles.com/threads/ua-plays-starcraft.243644/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Absolutely. As graphics add on more detail, it often feels like something else is lost.

the original SC and BW portraits are amazing, might be the best from any RTS game, anything with better portraits?

They were good for the time, but wouldn't work today.

I prefer almost absolutely every piece of design of SC over SC2, and yes, that includes the visually clear and atmospheric character close ups to the visually overly busy models.
Visual coherence and mood. Subtlety.
Take the SC2 commodore(battlecruiser portrait).
1 had a clean cut no-nonsense flag officer with a prim and proper hat and good shave, with a hint of rank insignia.

2 has an aged sea dog with pipe, because every good salt breather smokes pipe, 2 prosthetics, without any corellation to each other, because in the future officers get injured more often than actual fighting soldiers, a ridiculously large hat, because barbosa has shown that hat size makes the captain, 7 rank insignia because bitches donĀ“t know about his bling, gold trim out the ass, and stereotypical behavior and speech, which was one of the worst things blizzard has ever done to the whole game, with computer screens in the back, because hey, they needed to insinuate the fact that the commanding officer might be on the bridge.

The guy is visually more busy than on his concept art, which is always good, because only fags take away visual factors instead of adding so many that it is hard to see where character ends and background scenery begins.

Fuck off, pass fag.

Except for blizzard games, very few even have dedicated portraits for units.

The old CGI set the tone for StarCraft.

SC2 just looks disproportionate like WC3

>SET A COURLSE

Pylons

I miss the ruggedness of the protoss. They're too fucking smooth in visual and sound.

I like New Terran, and I can deal with New Protoss [design-wise, writing wise it's terrible], but I don't like the New Zerg. It became too homogeneous and insectoid in design while in the past it felt more like a organic abomination that was as likely to be vaguely insectoid in places just as much as it was likely to be blobs of pulsating, cancerous, malevolent flesh. The Cerebrates and the Overmind attest to that.

lmfao

Blizzard cant design shit to save their lives any more. i dont know whether to blame the artists for being hacks or the faggy maximalist kitchen sink approach of WOW for infecting them.

I'd say I prefer original ones, but I have mixed feelings for this...

It could be said their appearance depends on their leader. Kerrigan brought a lot of change to the overall thought process of the Swarm and it might have influenced how they evolve.

I want to put my penis in that toothed vagina

Some things in SC are SC2 are OK, but as other user said, they completly fucked the Zerg over.

RIP Guardian and Defiler. Gone too soon.

Daily reminder that Aldaris was right all along, and the space hippies were too stupid to listen to him.

#JusticeForConclave

i think that's a muta

I know. I was just reminded that the other two were gone because of the image.

For fucks sake I fucking loved Defiler for reasons.
Among my friends no one but me knew how to use it.
And..
>play sc2
>mfw no guardian
And that's one of the many reasons I didn't play sc2 for long

>yfw it's not a glowing alien smiley face

>ywn PLAYGUUUUUU again

WHAT

this is like that time i learned they werent really saying I DIG A FINE TARGET

The new Zerg units were terribly designed.

I like the idea behing the new queens, but it's just too insect-like. I don't even want to talk about roaches.

i can't believe what a let-down SC2 was compared to the first. Aside from gameplay they got absolutely nothing right

The problem is you need artists to match it, and that takes loads of experience

this is trash, wow

[Beep boop and wooshing intensifies]
Fucking reaver+shuttles.

Remaster WHEN?

Hopefully never.

Yeah, SC1 zerg was gross, new zerg is too... not gross?

Also I really miss the overmind base voice over

Agreed.

user the entirety of Starcraft 1 is available as a free mod to Starcraft 2. I'm not sure it plays exactly the same balance-wise, but hell, the campaign is there, including the CGs.

this makes me laugh because I distinctly remember being slightly let down with Wings of Liberty up until I saw and heard the battlecruiser portrait. Then I knew i was fully let down.

s-s-sauce please?

Hopefully will be announced this blizzcon

Terran music in SC2 is breddy gud

youtube.com/watch?v=NcghLSIpZlM

Also they focused too much on kerrigan and her new way of the Zerg.

They should have had a cerebrate gone rogue as a nemesis, going old school zerg on her. But that would be too much effort for Blizzard I guess so ancient prophecies for everybody!

Anyone else thought this guy was a penis?

It's a shame mary sue killed them all in the BW campaign :)

>>Also they focused too much on kerrigan and her new way of the Zerg.
Oh fuck I now remember that "boss fight" against some primal zerg.
I was expecting something more exciting. That fight was too slow and boring for my taste and my interest on proceeding went downhill.

Just google Mass Recall.

I believe it's called Starcraft: Mass Recall.
I haven't played it to completion, but from what I DID play it seemed very competently done.

The whole Zerg campaign was a mess, the primal zerg fluff was dumb and lore-shattering.

i enjoyed the campaign a whole lot, story aside. wol was my favorite, though; hots was too easy and not varied enough and lotv was too hard and not varied enough

Nigga you need to see a doctor.

ever since LotV stuff was patched into my game HotS crashes on the last zerus mission every time i try it

so not only am i unable to re-pla that campaign, i'm stuck on the worst part of it
ugh

user do you have the pox?

Mass Recall. I just played through it recently. It actually highlights how not good the campaign was compared to SC2's campaign.

The story however, is considerably better than the trash we got in SC2.

Wol was pretty competent, and they really did a pretty good job making a exciting RTS campaign. Shame they couldn't pay some spare change to some hobo to write a decent story

There were some really good ideas in it, too, sadly

But there's no point in upgrading all your units if 50% of the missions you don't get to fucking use them

thankfully they toned it way down with the protoss campaign

>tfw I waited thirteen years for a sequel

>tfw I got this watered down, cartoony faggot Kerrigan fanfic shit

>tfw I beat Wings of Liberty played maybe less then halfway through Heart of the Swarm and never even touched the 'toss campaign.

Why Blizzard? Why'd you go and ruin my favorite game?

>But that would be too much effort for Blizzard I guess so ancient prophecies for everybody
This fucking shit right here. Why the fuck did they need to force a fucking WoW tier ebin ancient conspiracy bullshit into starcraft. They fucking ruined the story completely.
As a former Broodwar lorefag this triggers me to no end.

k thnx

That fucking bossfight was straight out of Diablo. What the fuck were they thinking? Pulling a Warcraft 3 on SC was fucking dumb

sc2 had too many of the "quest" missions in it. especially protoss. warcraft 3 is too blame for this. those levels fucking suck and the story is cringey as hell.

>As a former Broodwar lorefag this triggers me to no end.

I feel your pain. There's so much they could have done with the setting.

Standard edition CANNOT PLAY IN OFFLINE MODE

WHAT THE EVERLOVING FUCK GOD I FUCKING HATE VIDEO GAMES

NUCLEAR WAR A-OK WITH ME NOW

wasnt the whole point of the zerg that they went planet to planet assimilating different species? if so why was there a primal zerg planet? what sense does that make?

>tfw we will never get a true Starcraft 2 with faithful HD 2D sprite graphics factorio style
>tfw we will always be stuck with this dead piece of shit that was only born because of the esports meme
>tfw Starcraft will never be relevant again

None.

By SC1 lore, primal zergs were little parasitic worms.

pls kill me.

Basically primal zerg ate other primal zerg and gained all their evolutionary information in doing so

>never had any interest in SC
>recently pick up all 3 for $60
>that Legacy of the Void ending

what the fuck man
i can't imagine waiting almost 20 years for that i'd be so pissed

JackO pls go

sc2 isnt canon

It makes life so much easier to think this way

Warcraft/WOW fucking ruined Blizzard. The faggot ass obsession with this waifu bait shit tier autistic wet dream Overmeme is proof enough.

Fucking christ I never thought things could go so wrong..

It doesn't, that's why it's in HotS

>ITT: Crying BWfags
I am one too

It's all about the $$$ baby. Lore means fuck all anymore.

it hurt

shhh... I never played Void to prevent this, please don't tell me how it ends.

who forgot all about starshit 2 and waiting for the next korean BW tournament here?

What's the matter user, didn't like animecraft 2? Kerrigan BTFO Amon with the power of love, my man. Hard sci-fi is for faggots. :^)

dw they're quitting

Get lost, esport shitter. You are part of the problem.

It's even worse than Kerrigan flying off into the sunset at the end of hots

I don't even think the writers played SC1, let alone read the manual and other documentation.

It still baffles me that Blizzard, who thrives on fan service and such things, can't get sequels right, at all.
Also I don't understand why they can't hire some competent writier when they have such large budgets.

Metzen's been there a long time

When that was leaked like 6 months before the expansion got released, I thought Blizzard was just joking around with fans.

I'm not laughting now.

Gee, I sure did want to live long enough to watch everything I've ever loved die and/or fall to ruin right before my very eyes..

Thanks, god.

Only thing I found entertaining by the ending was the Tal'darim saying "we're too cool to go back to Aiur."

John de Lancie carried that campaign

wtf is up with blizzard and those rpg/dungeon levels? they suck so hard, i'm playing an rts not diablo or wow. the worst part is they just shoehorn them into the engine it felt like i was playing fan maps from 2 decades ago.

and the story sucked too. i don't want network-tv level drama i want warhammer knockoffs fighting aliens knockoffs while predator knockoffs watch

>Love the lore from SC.

>No one wants to talk about the game, just esports

Why?

I still remember how I shouted in disbelief when I saw it.
It's one of my vidya PTSD moments.
The other one is anime angel Kerrigan.

You're all plebs if you don't read UA's Let's Play.

forums.spacebattles.com/threads/ua-plays-starcraft.243644/

I just couldn't stop laughing

>your GF turns back into a genocidal monster
>your almost blow her brains out
>2 missions later you say youll always be there for her as she flys off into the sunset to commit more murder

damnit jim

>Why?

Faggotry

Because the lore of that universe makes no god damn sense, especially the Protoss.

Because SC2

They killed the lore, fucked the corpse and feed it to little children

of course. And not just portraits

Terrans had actual metal and rust. In SC2 their buildings look like matte plastic toys

Zerg had actual guts, exposed meat with the right type of lighting effect/shine, and a rotten feeling. In SC2 once again they look like a matte PG13 version

So on and so forth

That's nu-Blizzard for you.

you address me?

Alarak is the best part of SC2.

I'm still kind of mad that SC2 didn't have the UED coming in to wreck shit as a third party no one predicted.