Ace of Spades

Hey Sup Forums, remember Ace of Spades?

An OpenGL client has just been released for the old, good version of the game. It has actual graphics, but runs on the same exact game engine as before.

Go 2 buildandshoot and join the "aloha.pk ctf 24/7 classicgen" server.

You can use the old .75 client, or the new OpenGL one, they both work on the same server.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/p2gy8aev8ua850u/aos054install.msi
romanito.com/aceofspades/ipconverter/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bumping for interest

Final Bump, does no one on Sup Forums remember AoS?

here's a bump. ace of spades was tons of fun to play with Sup Forums.

I remember, green almost dug out a Mountain and after that we never played anymore

> .75
uhh no thanks chump

.54 or get the fuck out.

>An OpenGL client has just been released for the old, good version of the game
>You can use the old .75 client
Loving Every Laugh

Does this shit work on linux?

>ace of spades

Holy fuck. I remember playing this for hours on end on some shitty netbook I had because it was the only thing that ran at a solid FPS back when I was in High School.

Whatever happened to it?

>mfw people still trying to do anything other than classic .54
you tried this months ago and it failed
don't try it again now, faggot

The dev sold out and the newest release is a hideous mockery of the original idea. Sup Forums had semi-regular AoS threads for a few years on .54 but that was ruined about a year ago when some idiots tried to push the inferior .75 and split Sup Forumss playerbase badly enough that no one could find a game.

.54 is garbage but i can understand why people cling to it.

That whole drama months ago was pretty bad, noped out of there as soon as I could. There's really no saving this game on Sup Forums

>drama
So thats why there were no more servers, i thought boredom finally caught on

The threads turned into a warzone then people just got fed up with the whole thing.

I'd honestly prefer if someone just coded their own AoS variation and started from there. Clinging to old versions of a dead game is going nowhere fast.

>People let drama destroy a game that provided hours of fun.
Sounds like Sup Forums alright.

HEY THERE'S THE BLUE TEAM

LET'S GO FUCK EM UP

BUMPANO ROMANO

All i remember is that green was digging a mount and everyone slowly left

Bumping this

>I'd honestly prefer if someone just coded their own AoS variation and started from there.

I remember someone said they would do this a long time ago, but I guess it never went anywhere.

Man did they fuck this game up

These are actually really accurate to what happends in the game, green builds a city and blue attacks

wait i thought blue were the builders and filthy green were the diggers

link?

Bumping for .54 link.

Also link to download the actual .54 version.
mediafire.com/file/p2gy8aev8ua850u/aos054install.msi

romanito.com/aceofspades/ipconverter/

>.75

Fuck off, .54 is the good shit

How do people have fun on green? building complex stuff is just so.... boring. Blue builds fun buildings like hamburger towers and crazy intel forts while green does autistic shit like giants walls and dumb mediveal towers. Blue territory is also cozy mountains while green territory is just dumb flat land.

played under the name todd howard a couple months back, when it was flavor of the month again for a bit
good times

I want to play.
OP's server is empty as fuck, where's everyone going?

Nowhere, game is dead.

I like the SMG but I know people hate it. Wish there was a MG which needs to be deployed to use. Like a kind of SAW while everyone else has rifles.

I'm just going to unfortunately go into the 0.75 server, hoping that other anons will come. I don't care what version, I just want to play.

>high school
Didn't it come out like 2 years ago?

There was a mod that did that. Had spots which were essentially mounted machine guns and sprayed fucking death on anyone in eye sight. It was about as useful as it sounds. no one used them because rifles one hit the person and killed him