Monster Hunter returning to Sony -- What we know

It's literally happening. Monster Hunter is looking more and more likely for a PS4 release. Let's look at the facts, shall we?

>Capcom literally said they are "considering" PS4 releases for the Monster Hunter franchise
>A Sony rep said on the 9-4 podcast that the PSX event will be "very Japanese focused" and will please fans of Japanese games. This largely hints at a Monster Hunter title
>Capcom literally say they want to boost Western sales for MH. PS4 is literally the best selling console in the West, so this makes sense.
>Monster Hunter is an online heavy game and needs a powerful network for it's HD transition. PSN is the most powerful network in gaming available for this.
>NeoGAF is reporting that Sony signed a deal with Capcom last year for MH5 on PS4, specifically excluding Switch. A lot like the SFV contract, it also excludes XBO. Sony paid a lot.

Are you fucking ready for this Sup Forums? Because it's fucking happening.

Other urls found in this thread:

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1305643
nintendoeverything.com/capcom-wants-to-expand-monster-hunter-sales-in-west/
youtube.com/watch?v=l7rOXTZEYiI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

More details:

- Sony signed a deal with Capcom last year for MH5 on PS4, specifically excluding Switch. A lot like the SFV contract excludes XBO. Sony paid a lot.
- MH5 is an open-world game aimed at Westerners, with a lot of streamlined gameplay - no timer, no missions, less gathering and prep, more action based, QTEs, less complicated and fewer weapons. 2018.
- Someone at Capcom leaked the deal to Nintendo. Nintendo have been quiet.
- MHX did way better in Japan and the West than Capcom expected, causing a bunch of people at Capcom to panic.
- A bunch of people at Capcom are worried MH5 for PS4 is being rushed out with too little content (monsters, weapons, balance) and will bomb like SFV.
- MH Portable series is getting resurrected for Switch, headed by main MH team, because Capcom don't expect MH5 to do well in Japan. Traditional MH game - new weapons and environmental stuff, some elements from MHX. 2018.
- MHXX is getting a Switch port to set up for Portable.

Nice source small peepee-san

Source

Knowing sony and all its lies, I'll wait a year or two before buying a new playstation
I don't want to buy the ps4.5 only to read DELAYED
DELAYED AGAIN
1 MONTH DELAY LAST DELAY WE PROMISE
3 years later still delayed
fuck this shit

Not happening.

nobody care about shit game

Delayed all the way into PS5.
>Monster Hunter: Versus
I don't want to wish something like this happens, but part of me does just to see the board explode over it.

Not this shit again

RIP Monster Hunter

if they were going to delay the ps4 pro, they probably would have said by now.
especially since its suppose to come out in 2 weeks.

Pros have already been sent to retailers and several have gotten out into the wild already.

>thinking it will happen
how can they reuse assets if the game is on an hd console

>- MH5 is an open-world game aimed at Westerners, with a lot of streamlined gameplay - no timer, no missions, less gathering and prep, more action based, QTEs, less complicated and fewer weapons. 2018.
Sweet lord please let this be a lie.
Capcom is lazy as shit, they would easily manage to do worse than fucking Bethesda.

Please stop, we know capcom is aiming for west audiences, but taking monster hunter off handhelds is fucking retarded. Yeah, I'm real sure that would go well with the japs. Neglect one audience to get another in a different country.
Anyway, you'll keep posting this thread every day to fill your void of a life anyway. Even if you are right, you don't need to spam threads 24/7 about it.Go play some video games and stop shitposting.

It's like Skyrim with Wyverns

source: your ass

Why go through all this trouble to make me sad?
Does this make you happy?

>Neglect one audience to get another
They've done this for the Nintendo audience and neglecting the Sony audience. What happened? People suck it up and bought 3DSes. Same thing will happen.

Considering that Generations/ X has already sold over 4 million units its probably not leaving the handheld market.

People already owned 3ds, its a massive success in Japan and has shipped more units than all three modern home consoles.

>console monster hunter
baka desu senpai

No. MH3G and MH4 were announced after only 6 months the 3DS was in the market. Try again.

This was straight from the record breaking MHP3 just 9 months prior. By all logical and financial sense MHP3G was supposed to happen on PSP.

Difference is who is gonna sit and play on a ps4? At least using the 3ds is comfortable, or any handheld for that matter. But you expect me to believe that after earning so much money that they are going to remove Monster hunter from Nintendos line up?

Yes. They did this before as I've mentioned. But this time it's not going to be completely removed since the CEO said all PS4, Xbone and Switch are being considered. This time there will be no contract.

too late, I'm not buying any more monster hunter. I can't stand slow pace hunting games anymore after playing fast pace ones like God Eater and Toukiden.

Capcom said they are considering CONSOLE releases, including PS4 and Xbox One.

PS4 is just getting MHFrontier Z, that's it.

only thing I found about monster hunter on the ps4 is this neogaf article
neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1305643

it also mentions the xbox one too, and that's just customer install base.

nintendoeverything.com/capcom-wants-to-expand-monster-hunter-sales-in-west/
>Tsujimoto also noted that other platforms, such as the Switch, Playstation 4, and Xbox One are being taken into consideration

It's all the same source. Capcom's Q2 financial briefing.

this seriously might get me to buy a ps4. between this, bloodbourne, and I guess last of us Im considering it.

I still wish theyd just release it on pc but its pretty clear they arent going to do that anytime soon (read: ever)

>Considering every console
>IT'S COMING TO PS4 GUYS

It's coming to Switch.

Can't you read?

>mh to ps4
>"Japanese focused"
>"Heavy network usage"

It's an MMO and it's already announced bruh

youtube.com/watch?v=l7rOXTZEYiI

>Monster Hunter is an online heavy game and needs a powerful network for it's HD transition. PSN is the most powerful network in gaming available for this.
My little user cant be this retarded

sometimes i wish i was born a jap

You could just move ya know... it's not hard to go over there.

learning a whole new language for one game isnt worth it

Only rejected Weeaboos go to Fagpan.

>Tfw going to Tokyo for my honeymoon next summer