FFXIV

Has anyone even gotten to the higher potd floors?

is it harder than creator savage

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch
world-alerts.com/
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/309397-RIP-Minion-Collectors-(
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Someone posted this one in my FCs discord. None of us have any relation to these guys though or at least not that I know of.

>try PotD 51-60 as a BLM
>thrown in a party with two other BLM and a SCH
>HA HA TIME FOR ENOCHIAN
>one of them is clearly under 50
>one seems alright
>SCH only casts bio, adlo, succor, and nothing else
>fug

>slightly on edge because we've been picking up plenty of silver chests and some accursed hoards and don't know what the boss is going to be like or whether we'll wipe before we even get there
>we hit floor 60 in once piece
>decide to pop pomander of steel because it was pretty clear I'd be tanking since I'm the only one with a weapon above +30 and know how to use enochian
>tank the entire thing from start to finish
>+32 armor, pomander of steel, adloquium, manawall reduce practically every hit from the boss to 0 fucking damage
>none of my spells interrupted, piss-easy mechanics mean I can keep using my rotation
>just an old bearded highlander in a pointy hat wielding a magic staff facing off a giant beast in one-to-one combat to keep his allies safe
>mfw I am literally gandalf
mage tank fucking when

Would've gone faster if any of the other BLMs used a pomander of lust or strength and if the SCH at least dropped a shadowflare.

>Facing 1on1
>3 other people there

user...

>boss is facing me
>I am facing the boss
>other party members are behind the boss and can only look at his back
checkmate

I also couldn't see any of their fire IVs so they might as well have not even been there.

>all your friends start playing again
>they're on a different server

>two ffxiv threads up
>both dead
it's because we're all playing the game, right?
ha ha

She probably smelled like bird shit.

I'd avoid a ginger, too.

>Remember Palace of the Dead? That thing you could do by yourself or with a couple of friends whenever?
>Well here's more of it with better rewards, but now you need a static. Get fucked faggot

make friends you fucking nerd

>better rewards

What exactly can you even get from those gold shits?

200th floor is just a bench and a tree

i'm not joking

Need to find some non lazy people to actually do PotD with on Hyperion.

>DUDE ADDS LMAO
>OMG SO HARD SAVAGE CREATOR XDDD

>the ultimate ERP spot is the final floor

The horror.

>is it harder than creator savage
lol no

Daily reminder that Ilberd did nothing wrong

I'm guessing they all pull at once, or else the obvious solution would be to just peel the room apart one at a time

PoTD makes me wish monks had a ranged pull like literally every other melee

Is malboro a dead server

My friend plays on it but he's much further, and I joined last month but noticed finding Primal Ex matches take forever

>Wanna run Creator Savage
>Missed the opportunity to find a group on the first week
>Nobody will take me now because i have no experience
This feels way too similar to finding a job irl

yes

>SCH solo run
>took me 10 minutes to solo the floor 90 boss
>actually had to refresh strength/steel pomanders midfight and convserve my aetherflows to have enough damage to kill the grey bombs in time
I think I'll get some more upgrades before I try 91-100+

>never done potd
>getting mad over a screenshot that wasn't posted by OP and doesn't belong to the person posting it anyway

Raiders everyone.

As someone who plays on Mateus i can't wait for cross-server party finder. It's the most hype i have ever been for a feature in this game. I'll get acess to Gilgamesh's PF and it's gonna be great

Mage tanking when Red Mage
gets released.

So whats the point of running the new PotD floors besides a shitty 255 weapon?

Got any proof of that?

fun

Stuff in the x-trimmed sacks are good for glamour or for bringing in a bit of cash. I also find PotD to be really fun

What other content could they create that doesn't require strict party roles or even a party at all

I unironically want that
I'd also love them to wield a staff in one hand and a sword in the other. Both of these things I want are highly unlikely.

Congrats user, you're way in the lead for the most autistic post this thread.

A break from dungeon dailies to cap tomestones.

Yoshi said theyre revamping the skills in 4.0 because people only care about PDPS and would like to emphasis on teamwork more. So if thats any indication, future content would most likely be played in groups

I don't know if it's just me but whenever I have a tank in a POTD 51-100 run, they can't hold hate for shit anymore. I actually have to use shadewalker on the tank just so I don't pull hate within 2 seconds and hold it for the rest of the fight. Am I missing something or have I just had some shit luck and gotten shit tanks?

twitch tv/kionu/v/98652780

There is no boss for floor 200.

>doing A5 for WT
>party gets hit by bomb because no one was willing to gorilla until the last second
>tank leaves boss in center of room, aoe kills everyone
>retry
>MT charges in before buffs are up, and OT gets locked out
>mfw

In my four months of playing, I've literally never abandoned until today. I always have hope that people who make mistakes will remedy them, that practice makes perfect, and every time thus far I've been right.

But that shit... that shit was just too much.

No, he said they're changing stuff because the average player is too retarded to learn how things like Enochian/Blood of the Dragon work, and because there are some completely useless skills like Feint.

I do not mind this. This is kinda cute.

God fucking damnit i hate farming Titan Ex, it's the last poney i need but people just can't not fall off. It's not that hard but people can't dodge worth shit.

He actually did it, the madman.

Nope, they stated several times that they are streamlining the battle system due to the overall complexity being too much for the majority of their player base.

I 2man it with a tank and a healer all the time
Just find one other person who's not retarded

aka they're going to cull some useless skills, get rid of some redundants and combine a couple

This must reference something.

When are they increasing the range of brd/mch and healing

artificial content so it looks like they're adding shit to the game when really they stuck to the same boring 1 new dungeon 1 "hard mode" that isn't really a new dungeon and 4 autistic alex fights

The old idling spot in Mor Dhona.

I just want aoe range unnerfed pls yoshi

General consensus is that enmity works different in POTD.

I did it as a warrior and even if I spam overpower or st my enmity combo I still lose aggro

Since it's based on aetherpool weapon/armor, it's probably that.

When I ran through POTD 51-100 the morning of launch it was fairly challenging, simply because nobody started off above 30/30.

It's been getting easier now that it's been out for a while, but you're probably ending up with tanks that have like... around 30 or less of arm/armor strength.

That's my guess.

>4 autistic alex fights
what makes them autistic?

noise

so what is this potd ? is it a bonus dungeon 100 floors ?

>The Palace has thrown absolutely everything it has at you in order to kill you
>Has decided that the only way to get you to actually die is for you to take a seat, relax, and wait out the rest of your life

The only enemy the Warrior of Light couldn't defeat: peace.

Nice blog faggot.

Who else here a minion and mount collector (that had the possibility to 100% their collections prior to the news about the new ranked PvP season rewards) that's salty as hell about the new PvP season rewards?

Before you try to dismiss my frustration as me just being shit or something, I'm ranked 7th on my data center at the moment and even still I'm unhappy. I'll probably be unhappy even if I manage to get top 10 both in solo queue and party queue like I need to because I didn't even want to have to PvP even though I'm capable.

This is terrible and I feel bad for the people who don't even have a chance at it because they don't have as much experience PvPing in MMOs and other game genres as I do.

Sometimes collectors need to accept that there's some stuff they're probably just never going to get. Same in any game or collecting hobby.

Yeah but they could have just not done something shitty like this. There's really no reason to put things like this behind PvP. It's too limited and personally I can't stand MMO PvP after doing it for so many years.

>There's really no reason to put things like this behind PvP

And who the fuck are you to decide that?

>minion and mount collector
why tho

>Only cared about the Revolver of the Wanderer
>Grinded out my 12,375 marks
>Hands clean of the shitfest that is PVP forever
Feels good.

>starting to get tired of my own class
>think other classes look neat
>can't fucking stand the leveling process

>wowwwww why are the floors specifically made to challenge people hard
>wowwwwww why do they put the better rewards on harder floors
You have the first 100 floors if you want something casual, you crybaby faggot. Not everything in the game needs to be a faceroll for you shitters.

Palace of the Dead, my friend. The complete experience, without the commitment!

Who are you to imply I'm not entitled to my opinion?

I didn't decide it, but that's my stance on it. Obviously I can't decide it because I'm not one of the developers, but PvP shouldn't be done for rewards anyway, it should be done because you want to PvP. MMO PvP in general is pretty bad compared to games that are built around PvP from the ground up, so I don't think it should be something that anyone should have to take seriously ever.

>Got this game today
>wanted to roll on Leviathan
>Can't select 9 of the servers on Primal
Bad time to try and create a character?

Try later at night, around 3-5am. Also try this.
world-alerts.com/

Best time is right after maintenance ends.

But user, that's just as boring to me

Maybe I should give FFXIV a rest for a while, every activity just feels tiresome

It's just moronic, the way you think. You're an obvious collection-whore in a game where mounts/minions are hidden behind almost every single piece of content and even some exclusive shit in the cash shop, and somehow PvP is the only place where it shouldn't be placed?

Fuck right off.

Knife ears hyurs when

Well, I meant to use it as a sampler for a job rather than to actually grind exp. I know I definitely got into ROG/NIN after playing Palace a bit. But there's nothing wrong with dropping the game for a while. I took a break for a few months from 3.25 to 3.4, and when I came back I found the joy in playing again.

Thanks. I'll wait a few hours then. Don't want to start off on a dead server.

>actually want to help new players instead of just joining the mentors club to have a crown next to my name like every other "mentor"
>still have over 300 dungeons to go
fug

>tfw mentors tend to be so terrible that the crown triggers my "oh shit this guy is gonna suck" meter

Good on you for being legit though, I had to learn the game on my own because my NN was rife with infighting (mentors yelling at each other over e-drama and ignoring sprout questions). I left when I was like level 25 or something.

If you really care and have the cash to throw around, you can buy a server transfer for a character that bypasses population restrictions.

You're better off just helping newcomers along as you see them in duties and trials.Getting the crown just makes you look like a tool. Granted, I don't know anything about how the mentor system or the chat channel works.

Don't even bother. The novice network is just filled with more mentors. The few novices in there are often there because they were invited without being asked, rarely ask questions that aren't super basic like 'when do I get a chocobo?', and generally don't really ask for help at all. Most of the time if anyone speaks at all the channel is just filled with mentor-noise and off-topic chit-chat as if it was someone's personal linkshell.

I was sort of tempted to start an FC that actively goes out looking for players in need of help and gives personal tutoring through dungeons, rotation training at training dummies with active feedback, and a general learning-by-doing kind of attitude. That kind of thing requires a shit-ton of work and the co-operation of both fellow FC members and players who want to be taught, so I don't think I can actually make it happen.

Yeah because your stance isn't moronic either right?

I like how there's this bias that it's totally okay to be a PvP-whore or a PvE-whore but anyone who's a collection-whore must be enjoying the game the wrong way or something.

The problem isn't that it's placed in PvP. The problem is that it's placed in PvP, during a very limited time, and limited even further by only being available to people who place in the top 10 for their data center.

You can "fuck right off" with your self-centered opinion. Every piece of content they put in the game should be just as valid as the others as ways for a player to enjoy the game.

If someone likes collecting I don't see how you feel entitled to invalidate that because you get salty over the thought of someone liking an aspect of the game that you don't.

i was able to take my time and make like three characters on leviathan at 8 am est on a weekday

>that 1 autist that kills the thread

>the point
Believe it or not, some people do content for no reward other than that its fun.

I understand this is a hard concept to grasp for post-WoW mmo players who need to see rewards and 'loot' behind everything.

>Floor 200 boss is literally too deep for you
B R A V O

yeah it's (You)

>muh WoW-boogeymen

You and all these people: forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/309397-RIP-Minion-Collectors-(

Too bad though, we can't have SE afraid to add genuinely good (see: exclusive) rewards to the game just because they don't want to step on peoples' toes.

Being an ocd completionist is optional and a mental issue and that's on you. Other people shouldn't have to pay the price for it.

>using the battle content route to unlock mentorship
lmao have you seen the crafting/gathering requirements, they're so easy in comparison to running 1000 dungeons that you could probably level them all to 60 and unlock being a mentor that way, faster than doing another 300 dungeons.

>learning healer
>doing dzam darkhold a few times
>every single time when the tank goes for big pulls i manage to fuck up and not keep him alive
>keeps happening because i just can't stop trying to apply DoTs here and there
why am i so retarded

>just cleared floor 160
>leave with five gold trimmed sacks
>Samsonian Locks
>Palace Interior
>Mischievous Moggle Mogbow HQ
>two Wind-Up Eddas
This shit is too easy, but I'm sure I'll eat my words between now and floor 200

Who exactly would be "paying the price" if they didn't put minions and mounts behind limited-time ranked PvP rewards?

What PvPers actually care about minions, and why do they need super extra limited time, limited number exclusive mounts when there are already 6 PvP exclusive mounts in the game?

From what I've seen a lot of the PvPers think the minion reward is a dumb joke and aren't interested in it at all, so really this is just fucking over collectors and not satisfying PvPers all at once.

I think you're just being a contrarian here because you want to argue with me about this and oppose me on it. Not because you actually have any stake in it yourself.

They could have given an armor set again this season, and maybe a weapon or weapons too this time. That seemed like a fitting and fair reward to me personally, especially since the game doesn't have a catalog for collecting equipment in that will be forever incomplete if you miss something. You're also ignoring that they've already been getting titles too along with the armor and house furnishings. Why do PvPers deserve to be pampered so much with so many exclusive rewards for content a lot of people don't want to do?

>ZR now has 2 groups that have cleared A12S.
I really hope you've got your clear anons.
I really hope you're not worse than ZR meme groups.

nope
my group has been dealing with liability casters who keep fucking up everything after our good one left, so we've spent 3 raid days wiping to a10s even after we cleared

>if you don't do something it must mean you're bad
>there's no such thing as capable people choosing not to do something

Yeah, okay. If only I could live in my own fantasy reality that I've dreamed up in my head too where aspects of life only exist in extremes and that there's no middle-ground on anything.

Remember to filter and report all ZR posting, including this post.

Keep Sup Forums clean.

>wiping to a10s
>wiping to something that can literally be puged

??????????

>What PvPers actually care about minions, and why do they need super extra limited time, limited number exclusive mounts
That's pretty presumptuous, so I'm going to be presumptuous as well.

You know many collectors have already made their peace, so to speak, with the fact that minions like the wind-up dalamud will never be accessible to them. Maybe it's time for all of you to do the same for these PvP rewards and accept this as the new normal.

New player here and just unlocked MCH. I went to fuck around with it in potd for a few hours and it feels like an awkward whack a mole class.

What do?