Is it good?

Is it good?

Yes, one of the best games ever made.

hell yes. my personal favourite Final Fantasy game.
i've only played the PS1 version and a little of the advance one but i hear the advance version is basically the best one. couldn't recommend the game enough.

Yeah it's good. I like the addition of being able to bring in different party members that you can do at the very end in the final dungeon. The post game content was fun too.

No.
It's a fucking terrible RPG that only mattered in the context of its time, and even then only because FF was popular Japan/RPGs weren't really much of a thing in America yet.

wait, i'm an idiot. thought that said 6. 4 is still pretty solid though, had to give up on it halfway through though due to memory card bullshit. still, been meaning to pick it up again and get through the whole thing.

>Story with about as much depth and nuance as Dragon Quest IV, but with several times more dialogue.
>First half of game is so guided it makes FFXIII feel like a sandbox game.
>Later dungeons are designed more to annoy than to challenge.
>Post-game sucks.

If you're going to play 4, play the DS remake.

No, the ATB bug fucking sucks.

how is the bug?

It doesn't exist in the European version. Play that instead.

The DS version is uglier than the PSP version, which says a lot. The increased difficulty and augment system do not make up for the awful visual style. And they DESTROYED the music.

>Preferring mismatched-resolution 2D to simple 3D.
Kill yourself my man.

It's good but /jrpgg/ tryhards who only like Neptunia and #FE hate it

>Only weeaboos could hate this weeaboo ass game about the most generic shonen cliches ever!

Nigga fuck off.

5 and 6 are great games, but 4's just bad.

You first my negro

I've replayed this FF around 10 times. Yes, it is good

My personal favorite FF, get the PSP version though. Its basically the GBA version but HD sprites and other additions. The 3D one on PC/SPs/DS is also pretty good if you want a challenge and want customization thru augments

>Get the version with mismatched sprites of varying levels of detail and two shitty rehash games tacked on over the version that nearly flawlessly emulates the look and feel of the original.
Fucking why?

Which version has the best translation? Last I checked on Tomato's blog (Mother 3 translator) he mentioned all the translations are still pretty bad.

DS has the best translation, but even in Japanese it's actually a pretty different script with entirely new cutscenes and such.

Out of the remaining games, none of them have particularly GOOD translations, but 4's original writing is very...lacking to begin with. GBA/PSP is the best localization of that script. SNES, PS1 and the fan translations are unplayable garbage.

do yourself a favor and play the psp version, its best. ds is ok, but the graphics are something that takes getting used too

How is the Virtual Console version on the Wii?

It was one of the first games I played a kid, but I only ever got to the part where you go inside the huge robot thing. Than again I got it on the GBA and the same thing, than on the 3DS. Finally got it again on PC and loved the shit out of it, and was older so I planned better. Got past that part. Was so happy.

And to be honest I got to the ending and found it so lackluster.

>The DS version is uglier than the PSP version, which says a lot

DS and PSP versions are better

Is it better than V?

>post in thread
>thread dies
Th-thanks Sup Forums

Depends what you're looking for. When I think of V I think of its Lightheartedness compared to other FFs like 4 and 6(besides that one huge death) and its robust job system. When I think of 4 I think of the characters and its story. From a gameplay standpoint, V really shines with its job system. If you like that aspect you should pick up the 3D ports of 4 since its pretty hard and has customization options thru augments. Story-wise though I prefer 4 though that final boss outta nowhere hinders it a bit. And since there's no job system in 4 like in 3/5, 4 can focus more on its characters and how each of their jobs affects the plot in some ways(desu I'm a bit bias here since I prefer characters that fill a certain role rather than the customization of jobs).

It introduced the cancer that is ATB.

That feeling when the sequel could have been amazing if they didn't butcher the ending, and didn't make you play through the goddamned underwater tunnel 5 fucking times. Why would a developer make a player play through the worst dungeon of the game 5 times??

rydia is the best, but it was a slog to play through
Tried to play it at least 4-5 times throughout my life and only beat it at the last time because of how annoying some of the areas were