Did he really deserve everything that happened to him?

Did he really deserve everything that happened to him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4VKF5U1EEfw
youtube.com/watch?v=bg6SCZjI48U
youtube.com/watch?v=qTKOah18x0g
youtube.com/watch?v=HMUDVMiITOU
strawpoll.me/11563543
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sean must die

Of course not, the core of the problem is all because of Lisa and her suicide... Bad little bitch

But her issues stem from the abuse from Marty. Really, the overall themes in Lisa isn't so much one 'evil' thing to blame, but the hardships and shit that happen to people and how they react to it and how that creates more shit. I seriously felt bad for just about everyone in the game.

Except Marty. I think he got what he deserved by the end of the game.

>tfw played the first game, and it was shit

Why do people like this series?

no

No man deserves a rpg maker engine my friend. Not even Brad.

Im playing through joyful and holy shit its hard, buddy sucks at dps and Rando left me.
I don't like buddy anymore, this story is taking a diffirent route than i would've hoped for

buddy is kind of a bitch. i think a lot of people didn't like joyful because her character wasn't what they expected it to be

Brad is a fucking adult now. He can't keep blaming his father for everything and stewing over him. There was a point where he could change but he doesn't want to. Brad deserves everything and he fucking asked for it

For a man with nothing but good intentions, he suffered more than the shitheads who deserved to

No.

buddy is full "kill kill kill you need to die die die, heh nothing personell kiddo." which is very disappointing to be honest

Isn't Dr. Yado kind of the big bad, though?

He invented and spread around Joy, probably caused the Flash to happen somehow, and fathered Buddy just to make war break out. Marty was abusive, yes, but if Yado did nothing, everyone else would just have just lived a shitty life and died with no long-term consequences.

Should have told Rando right off the bat that Buddy was a girl and that he (Brad) was gonna raise her. Rando wouldve agreed.

>
The character development from Painful to Joyful is awkward and not conveyed very effectively. Joyful starts and Buddy immediately turns evil and vindictive instead of it just being a gradual thing that happens over time.

Doesn't help Brad was forced to rape her.

No, all he ever tried to do was the right thing.
Buddy was just a retarded little girl, like all little girls are. She fucked up because she couldnt know any better, and the joy didnt help anyone....

Brad did nothing wrong.

it's all marty's fault really
>father sexually abuses daughter
>no one there to comfort her according to the first LISA game
>suddenly brad shows up to the story (somehow)
>daughter ends up suiciding
>father drenches himself in alcoholism
>father then redirects his attention to brad
>brad is miserable
>post-apocalypse
>father kidnaps buddy(right? can't remember this shit)
>brad kills marty and reclaims buddy
>buddy doesn't understand, goes on a shitstorm
>brad is retarded and doesn't provide details
>thus the ending

Because of a few crucial moments that always get posted, like the ending. Which are good moments, but don't exactly make the game as a whole any good.

She goes nuts though, that's pretty expected in the world she was brought into if you think about it.

She began to saw Brad, the only semi-father figure in her life as someone who wants to contain her. It really parallells Marty and Lisa's relationship implied in the First. And every other man in the world wants to do the same thing. Her age is probably near puberty as well so she's feeling rebellious. That with her mental state gives her the idea to kill and try to rule the world until she loses control to it. Also she can and probably has taken Joy so the implications of that on her mental state are unknown.

Yeah in a way, but he's only responsible for the state of the world. He has no influence on the personal relationships which is the main focus of the game. Like everything bad Buzzo and Lisa's relationship brought about. Shit we don't even know if Yado had a mental condition or if e was victim to some shit like Brad and Buzzo and Rando were. Like I said a lot of it is just the shit life people are put into and how they deal with it. I think Jorgensen mentioned something like that when interviewed about the game. I really love the interconnectivity of it all though, makes it all feel real

>He can't blame his father for everything

Yes if, say, minor childhood neglect was the issue. But we're talking about hands on abuse both physical and mental. He can very much keep blaming his father for the damage done to him even as an adult.

I don't think anyone deserved any of the bad shit that happened to them. Brad was overprotective with Buddy and wasn't a fit guardian because he was hooked on Joy. He was hooked on Joy because he was trying to escape the memories of Marty abusing him and his sister. I always assumed the death of Marty's wife drove him to drink and caused him to become as fucked up as he was. The whole game was about passing the buck on guilt

I miss him so much user why can't I make him feel better?

so not taking Joy in joyful doesn't affect the ending? How many endings are there? I haven't finished it yet

I always attributed Buddy's sudden, dramatic personality shift to Buddy being a joy addict, since Joy makes you slowly go insane and one of the side-effects of Joy is to drive you towards what you really desire, which is part of why Brad was so adamant about wanting to protect Buddy in the first place.

Buddy wanted to be free. Buddy starts taking joy. Being a naive edgy teenager who just went through literal hell, she thinks the only way to be free is to get rid of anything that poses a threat to her (pretty much kill most men since every man she's ever encountered wanted to use her in some way), and Joy drove her to go to ridiculous extremes.

Buzzo was taking good care of him.

Joyful technically only has two, though there is a small, important difference in one of those two.

Also, counting the secret dialogue you can unlock based on what you've seen prior to beating the game, I think that adds two or three extra dialogues, though the three endings are the same regardless.

I wanna talk about that too, so get out if you don't want spoilers. I'll spoil for you but can't say the same for others. What did you guys get out of the ending?

Buddy asking Buzzo to torture her.

marty didn't kidnap buddy, buddy just stumbled upon him when running away from everyone.

honestly marty still being alive at that point and just happening to be hanging out in a cave on an island that you run into seems so coincidental that i wonder if he wasn't just some joy-based hallucination.

>we don't even know if yado had a mental condition or he was victim to some other shit

The thing is, with yado and everyone else in the game and in real life, that doesnt really matter. Circumstances in our lives color how we make decisions and treat others, but ultimately, only we can be held responsible for what we decide to do. Everyone is affected by good and bad events during their lives, but we don't all make the same decisions, because we're not just functions that take a set of inputs and produce an output.

I thought the same thing. I don't remember Buddy ever saying his name and his face gets smashed in so you can't look at him afterwards.

that was lisa, not buddy

Shit you're right.
I must got confused because Buddy reminds me of her.

No he was real. Buddy tells Brad that only a monster could have done that to Marty. The thing is though, I find interesting, is the miscommunication through the game too. No one in the entire game knows Brad's backstory and when Buddy says that to him, she doesn't know Marty is his father, and when she says that Marty, of all people, was a better father to her in a few days, than Brad was her whole life, fuck man...

>He has become a failure

>yfw nice neighborhood
youtube.com/watch?v=4VKF5U1EEfw

So a really common theory is that Olathe is covered by a dome or something, which explains why the sky is staying the same, and the weird bendy clouds in Joyful. But if that's the case, why is there no mention of anyone reaching the edge of the dome? The trucking industry still exists, so supplies are coming in from all around, surely at some point people would have noticed that.

Is there anything going for this game? I can never get invested into the story nor want to play the game because it feels like the story is just a series of events going downhill into an unevitable sad ending

I also can't help but feel there is a lot of "forced drama" injected into this game, especially with moments like

>chop off your arm or i kill your friend
>inject yourself with joy so i can have "muh sad ending/sacrifice"
>"hey i'm beating up all MY friends and YOUR friends and will probably die to my wounds, but you can stop this fight at any second if you say something Buddy! No?"

I feel like there is a lot of unnecesary "silence" where the characters won't talk about how they feel nor will do anything to stop the fighting, you just watch the events unfold in the worst way possible

It fucking gets to me when people make depressing and tragic stories for the sake of being depressing and tragic, you don't learn ANYTHING from them, you just feel sad

I'm kind of wondering if the child at the end of the game is a hallucination as well

I mean comparing the two endings, I felt like it's implying Buddy either made herself breed with one of her two illusions and killed one or both.

In the non mutated ending, she's shown standing with a tumpet with mutated Brad looking at the child and Rando's grave. What I take from this, is that she killed off her imagined Rando and buried him figuratively and literally, as in his real body, and, with just about every other man killed off, she had nothing left to do but work with what she had. She has a warped idea of love and sex anyways, so I dunno, it could happen. Also the child looks kinda fucked up in both endings, right? It's skin color and shit. I know Dingaling 'confirmed' the father wasn't Brad but I think he's just being vague to protect the work as it is

In the mutated ending, I felt like the same thing happened. She breeded as a mutant with Brad and then bit his head off and killed him, maybe a sudden urge of rage, since the mutants act on impulse. But for some reason maybe she valued Rando over Brad in this case and saw the body as her imagined Rando. In her head she's probably seeing Rando playing or raising the baby. Since he would sort of be the uncle. Since mutants have been shown to be lost in their own heads

Shit I dunno really though, it's so fucking vague.

Not every story needs to be uplifting or have a happy ending, most of the characters deserve the treatment they get anyway.

You say that as if Buzzo doesn't have motives for fucking with Brad like that. cutting off his arms, threatening friends, etc. It's not forced.

Also IIRC, at one of these choices, you can ask Buzzo "why are you doing this" and I'm pretty sure he cuts off your arm AND kills your friend for asking. So communication is out of the question.

Also Lisa the First is a vague mental representation of Lisa's mind.

Yeah, Brad wasn't exactly invented when Dingaling made that game and Lisa is an extensio of it, but technically it still works, considering it's implying what Marty does to her and no one else and it makes sense that that is at the forefront of her mind before anything else

Obviously not.

i can say that i think we all teared up abit at He's my father.

This, like 60% of the game is kinda meh and 35% is kinda shit (this mostly applies to moments when backers are involved)

Who was Sweetheart?

It's obviously not Lisa or Buddy's mom, but is a cloned attempt at Lisa too far out there? It's a woman and Buzzo does have Lisa's coffin in the Joy lab...

There's unfortunately very little to go on for this one, since it can't be lisa or buddy's mom as you said the only real hint left is just Buzzo's vague comment on there being other women.

LISA is better in a universe where Joyful doesn't exist.

What's with the hate for Joyful? I thought it was pretty enjoyable.

but if joyful didn't exist we wouldn't have youtube.com/watch?v=bg6SCZjI48U

Or
youtube.com/watch?v=qTKOah18x0g

Fuck this is too good. The dialogue and pacing of the entire final act was so good. When Yado sends the mutant on Buddy and plays his trumpet away at the right moment as it jumps at you. Then the dialogue leading to the Yado fight, just gets you pumped somehow. Like I kinda felt that push of insanity guiding Buddy.

Lol, yes we would.

youtube.com/watch?v=HMUDVMiITOU

the second half totally falls apart

USE JOY

I want to get the joyless ending first.

There is no Joyless ending in Joyful. Buddy already used Joy.

Nobody does

Except Marty

because lack of better good stuff to play, we must hate everything bioware, bethesda and Ubi but praise shitty games of the month made by nobodies.

sheep

So is there a reason why Buddy was such a cunt to Brad the whole game? Before the kidnapping we were lead to believe that they were on good terms overall

fcuk brab

strawpoll.me/11563543

isn't the point of the game that nobody deserved the shit they got and everyone has suffered some sort of abuse that made them how they are in that sick and twisted world?
basically that its all pointless and boohoo sad shit waah waah "nothin personnel kiddo"?

i swear i heard the dev said the ending of the second game where humanity is doomed and buddy succumbs to the hallucinations and then mutates is canon
jesus fucking christ

I really hated Buddy, second biggest asshole in the series after Marty.

who OVERJOYED here

>kill marty because of all the shit he's done
>that vindication
>buddy doesn't know what he did
>buddy can never know, even conceptually, what he did
>martys final act was turning the only thing you care about in the entire world against you

marty is truly everything evil.

>I feel like there is a lot of unnecesary "silence" where the characters won't talk about how they feel nor will do anything to stop the fighting, you just watch the events unfold in the worst way possible

Just like real life!