7th gen everyone bitches how bland shooters are now that consoles are main focus

>7th gen everyone bitches how bland shooters are now that consoles are main focus
>movbie games become more popular going into 8th gen
>now good shooters are finally surfacing but no one cares because moviegames and action RPGs are the flavor of the gen

Really though, if you didn't buy Doom, Gears 4, or Titanfall 2 this year, you are what's wrong with gaming

dumb ratposter

>now good shooters are finally surfacing
Besides Shadow Warrior, D44M and the last two Wolfenstein games, what good shooters are you talking about?

Shadow Warrior was trash though, and the sequel was even worse.

Dumb minion poster

>people complain about CoD doing the same thing over and over
>Activision tries to do something different
>people complain about it not being CoD enough

genuinely frustrating. I'd be willing to bet if 343 were to return Halo 1:1 to what it was before Reach or even 3 protip: they never will, people would bitch.

I bought Doom and Titanfall 2. Those and Overwatch are the only shooters I've bought in quite a while, the genre seems pretty stagnant at least on PC. I wish we could get a really good mobility-focused arena shooter, the few arena shooters that pop up on steam like reflex are dead on arrival.

arenashooters need a big name attached to them.

Technically Halo is the most successful area shooter now, but it has so much shit added to it for players on a controller to compensate keybidings and being unable to do shit like rocket jump or bunnyhop. It's understandable why, but still not a true arena shooter like even the first few were

>Really though, if you didn't buy Doom, Gears 4, or Titanfall 2 this year, you are what's wrong with gaming
Or maybe I just don't want to play FPS or TPS for the rest of the year. Did you ever think about that?

I will buy all of those eventually

Umaru is shit

Agree!

>7th gen everyone bitches how bland shooters are now that consoles are main focus
>Cognitive dissonance allows these same people to love Goldeneye and Perfect Dark and rank them among the top fps ever made

It boggles my mind how so many people love Goldeneye. You couldn't reliably look up or down for fuck's sake. You had that red crosshair that meant you had to stand still. How do people think that compares to Unreal Tournament or Quake 3?

>b-but it proved shooters can be on consoles

>Cognitive dissonance

Nah, just nostalgia.

Old and busted. Whats the new fotm anime reaction face girl for november?
Umaru is eternal

FPS is a vidya genre that needs to die and never come back again.

Chaika is eternal

Who else wants the 3D Collectathon to return?

trying this hard

the only thing that needs to die are asshole publishers and devs who think they can charge you $$$ for every thing imaginable and who can't even have a working game on launch

DOOM
Titanfall 2
Gear of War 4.
one of these dont belong.

Dumb rodentposter

They're all shooters