What the FUCK was his problem?
Xenoblade Chronicles X thread

Lao did nothing wrong

Dio didn't do anything wrong either

You know, the guy from JoJo

He was too right for this world.

this

All Lao wanted to do was kill filthy ningen

They only saved like 20 million peoples DNA. And And I bet they were all American or rich.

>Getting the Yggralith's RP down to 0 makes all of the parts you get from it just completely fucking vanish
THANKS MONOLITH I TOTALLY DID NOT NEED ANY OF THOSE PARTS TO GET REWARD TICKETS OR ANYTHING

Shit, looks like I missed Yggralith again. Oh well.

no wrothian GF

Why the fuck does that happen?

Did Lao know the truth about the Lifehold core?

I played this game when it came out, but stopped literally before the last chapter.

I started it again a few days ago. This time I'll try to do as much as possible without flying, because it killed the fun of exploration in Sylvallum and Cauldros.

I chose the sniper rifle/javelin class this time. Honestly it's pretty boring. Enjoyed the raygun and later photon sword playstyle a lot more. Maybe it was because essence exchange is OP as fuck in midgame and lets you do back to back overdrives before you have the mats to craft all those Art:TP gain augs.

no unless he was the one who caused it

>javelin
>boring

do you even speed demon?

So what's the conquest squad etiquette in this game?
If I'm leveling up and host a level 20 squad mission and no one comes in a few minutes, that means that the high level players don't give a fuck about low level missions and I can just solo them all, right?

Huh. I didn't even put that to my action bar. Is that the one that gives you recovery while you're sprinting? You can't even autoattack while you sprint, isn't that right? What's the point?

I missed when it's RP an astronomical amount, now it just seems to start with about a mere 2 million every time.
Who the fuck is making retarded decisions like this

because it gives recovery and decreases cooldown on arts

The playerbase has dropped off pretty hard so if they kept the RP the same it would probably never die

No wrothian party member in general I mean a game about xeno races all we get are L and Celica are the only nonhuman as far as one can say for party members and they are recolors of human models with pointy ears and horns while we have races like wrothian, man-on and other who'd been more interesting

But you want it to not die so you can farm it's parts without any worry of them poofing any existence.
The only reason you ever would try to jot it's RP down is if you want to stroke your Ether Blossom Dance boner on it really hard. The materials you get after killing it aren't even any good and you could just get them from spending reward tickets anyways.

what about the achievement?

Probably a good point, but the achievements are only for the more diehard completionists

You're like androids with completely different physiology. That has to count for something.

Is that a ffxiv reference?

???

>Lao is such a charismatic villain !
Said no one ever

If there was a Wrothian party member would they pilot a human Skell or a Wrothian Skell?

>>Lao
>villain

I want to pilot a certain wrothian kunoichi's ass.

I'd kill if having them in your part unlocks the option for either on any of your party members.
Also tfw when L's concept art was getting into some DMC levels of awesome.

What level should I be for the last story mode boss?

level won't mater much, you should be near max at that point anyway. make sure you have like at least 2 level 50 skells otherwise the first part of the boss fight will be hell

I can't imagine this guy making broken english euphemisms.

I love L.

dump his shit out in the wild.

>HURR DURR MUH FAMILY DIED WHEN ALIENS BLEW UP EARTH BECAUSE OF THE CORRUPT GUBBERMINT NOW I'M GONNA HELP THE ALIENS THAT BLEW UP EARTH AND MY FAMILY SO THEY CAN KILL THE REST OF HUMANITY
>DOESN'T EVEN MATER BECAUSE OUR REAL BODIES DIED ON EARTH ANYWAY!

Lao was a fucking idiot that literally did everything wrong.

This game was really fucking good but god damn it's so disappointing when you realize they quit putting effort in the game halfway through it
Maybe the sequel will be good and make up for it

Remember when we called him Space Dunban?

Right? But still a cool design if anything instead of scrapping it they should have made it an alt. form he could use in combat.

I can't blame him for losing his mind, or Irina. Not that I agree with what he did. Still, I can imagine what losing an entire planet would be like psychologically. Having everyone you love and care about vaporized, and only the elite surviving.

NLA had the DNA of 20 million rich Americans alongside scientists/engineers required to operate/construct/repair Skells and the White Whale, and a bunch of military folks to assure protection, but you have to keep in mind that it was only one out of several arc ship and both Tokyo's and Paris' ship are confirmed as at least having made it past the battle of Earth. 20 million people on one ship is pretty fucking big considering the time table they were dealing with and the fact literally no one but Elma had any idea how this shit worked.

This is what I'm hoping for more of the planet to explorer recruiting other races to your party dressing other xeno races in bikinis, school uniforms and what ever I can get my dirty head into.

Yeah wasn't everything last minute or some shit I'm sure if they had more time they would have more ships set up for more people.

>implying we'll get half that shit without Nintendo censoring it all

Its even worse when you realize they let human garbage like Alex and the serial killer that killed Murderess' parents on the White Whale.
Who the fuck was in charge of admitting/collecting people?

That serial killer, holy shit. I remember when I first met him. The idea that such a piece of shit made it on was maddening. I don't know who was in charge, but he was an absolute madman for letting psychopaths like him on board.

Security must have been absolute shit when boarding folks for the white whale

I see your wife and child died Lao...that's a real shame

>looks great in her starting outfit
>starting outfit is immediately made worthless by all the armor you get 5 minutes later

nigga fashion gear

Just use the fashion slots.

And that's why there is a fashion gear option.

I put 120 hours into this game and have no idea what youre talking about

Hilarous and original

press X on the equip screen, you can have cosmetic armor that doesn't affect stats of base armor you have equipped

>lao is going to become an even bigger cunt after hanging out the nottestament/notgrahf asshole.

Well now I feel retarded
Thanks user

>voyager looking dude at the end of the credits hunting over a man who's lost his child/wife
>the entire Elma kos-mos parallel
>the original villain of XCX, black knight, had a space ship that looks exactly like Ramsus's
>MIM parallels to realians
>Zohar lifeholds
>next xeno game going back to story driven, philosophical focus

the next xeno game is going to be balls to the wall insane (not that any of them haven't been), I can't fucking wait

I hope we figure out what the hell your character is supposed to be.

If you're talking about the 'no bodies, just memory data' twist then yes, he knew. He specifically brings up how they're real bodies died back on earth.

If you're talking about how it was already destroyed, then no he didn't. No one did until Elma opened it up at the very end.

I thought it was obvious you're a J-body

>Elma confirms that some arks took real human bodies in stasis instead of the method the White Whale used
>Lara Nara confirms that two other arks sent signals to the White Whale
Real human vs. Fake human war incoming.

Does the J stand for Jesus?

I think they were called something different in the japanese version so no

The reaction when Monolith's next game is revealed is going to be fucking hilarious. XCX fans will be crying in dismay and XC fans will be shitposting up a storm.

why is that? It's if they're going down the philosophical route it's gonna be more towards gears/saga which X is closer to

Just from the way Takahashi's been talking in interviews it really feels like he's making a completely new world and not building on X.

I don't know user, maybe they're trying to go the same route with KOS-MOS and trying to implement the consciousness of Jesus Christ into the Yelv clones for some purpose, but then it turns out Cross is Jesus. The world building aspect of the game plus L's existence may support that.

Maybe but I wouldn't be so sure. The opening cutscene where Elma wakes you up seems to imply your character is SUPPOSED to be just a regular person. But they're clearly not.

well the lifehold cores look like zohars so we shall see maybe takahashi is going to talk about Mira and maybe its a universal will of some sort

what indicates that?

Just beat the game and got that buttfuck retarded ending that ended up resolving absolutely fucking nothing. Would 100% the entire game resolve any of the plot holes or would I just be wasting my time?

Don't bother if youn only play for the plot, you saw everything of the main sory.

there are no plot holes

>Just from the way Takahashi's been talking in interviews it really feels like he's making a completely new world and not building on X.
Maybe he should have made X a completed game then. Fucking hack

name 1

>there's something about this planet...

I don't think you know what a plot hole is, that's an unresolved plot line

An NPC makes a note of saying that some of the worst people in the world are the best at deceiving others.

A lot of random NPC dialogue actually fills out the world quite nicely.

>The game's unfinished!
I'm pretty sure the cliffhanger is an intended ending. They're pulp-scifi-ing this shit the fuck up.

Yes, a hole in the plot. Sorry it doesn't correspond to your made up definition.

>tfw

Well, it could just be how you interpret things, but the way she asks you questions and wonders why you can't remember anything makes me think Cross is supposed to be a regular person in a mim. It even says you're a mimeosome when you wake up on the pod's computer. Granted I dunno if that actually means anything though since J-bodies are similar enough to mims, apparently. Also Elma probably knows about J-bodies to begin with and I don't see her being deceitful with you if you were one to begin with. She withholds a lot of information but never flat out lies to you, at least from what I can remember.

>In fiction, a plot hole, plothole or plot error is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot. Such inconsistencies include such things as illogical or impossible events, and statements or events that contradict earlier events in the storyline.

first result on google, educate yourself plebian

That's not even counting people that want to stay in their mims VS people who want to soul transplant into a newly grown body.

The simple fact that they can regrow entire living bodies out of DNA and digitize and transplant "souls" and memories into them raises a fuckton of ethical and theological questions.

The only thing stopping the people of the White Whale from becoming immortal gods is that they currently don't know where or how their memories are stored and streamed from, but what's stopping them from building a new memory transplant machine and just make a copy of a copy of their current memories?

Elma FOR SURE knows about J-bodies, she is higher up than elanora and even personally trained Yelv, another J-body. That's why she's so eager to have you on her special ops despite knowing you for like an hour, her task is to test/monitor J-bodies. The rest of her team knows too, when you're introduced to lyn she says "we got another one of the you-know-whos". She didn't forget to tell you that you were a MIM, that's retarded.

Didn't he sneak on board with Identity theft? I doubt people ran security checks when the world was about to explode and everyone would be in stasis anyways.
Murderess only found on because the stupid guy kept using his calling card, iirc.

>Such inconsistencies include such things as illogical or impossible events
You mean like, oh I don't know, every unexplained phenomenon in the entire fucking game? Off yourself you illiterate shit

unexplained =/= inconsistancies brainlet

Can anyone tell me where Mia's first heart to heart is? I know its supposed to be somewhere near the cathedral late at night

>literally one line down
>While many stories have unanswered questions, unlikely events or chance occurrences, a plot hole is one that is essential to the story's outcome. Plot holes are usually seen as weaknesses or flaws in a story.

describes X's plot pretty much perfectly. nice cherrypicking though retard

>Spend entire game with people going "Oh we'll get them back when we get the lifehold"

>Realize the ending basically means that everyone who died is staying dead and none of the people held in the lifehold core databanks survived

sequel hook is not essential to the story's outcome, sorry. They got to the core and fended off the ganglion

Oh, that would make sense.

Yep, that's right. He was using a fake ID and even somebody else's mim, no one would have known who he was beside Murderess