Why was this game so fucking comfy?

Why was this game so fucking comfy?

>Grat music
>Memorable bossfights
>Enemies get better equipment and tactics/support as BB's forces grow in power and give a good challenge if you're caught
>Fun Item/weapon hunting in levels and references to previous intallments of the series
>Audio logs that give great insight on the already enjoyable story, and are nice to listen to, especially Paz's tapes
>Good balance between brief moments of comedy and serious plot
>Nice, believable characters with barely any over-the-top crazy bullshit the other games have
>Just Big Boss trying to honor his tutor by building an army of people who respect him and support him in an off-shore base in the middle of nowhere
>The tension and emotion of the final story levels and ending, not hindered one bit by the artstyle used in the cutscenes
>All packed into an engaging story of how BB's fame came to be
>And you're right there with them, every step of the way
It came out not 6 years ago and I already miss it. Best MGS in my opinion. I almost feel sad because I'll never be able to play through it for the first time ever again.

>great aesthetic, low poly combined with a minimal ui
>banana
>sick illustrated cutscenes
>cool co-op
Truly the best. Everything I could ask for in a handheld game.

Damnit, now I wanna play it again

It's great but post content ask's you to have all your shit at 4-5 stars

Impossible to play on Vita or PSP Go
>Vita's face buttons are smaller and much more clicky, PSP go has the same issue but they're cramped too
>Mapping to the right stick is fucked because no analog control
Best played on PSP 3000

PW should have been a PS3 game since day 1

Better than MGSV that's for sure

lol

Or you know the HD version that sweet 60 FPS makes for the poopy poly count

Peace Walker was amazing. makes me real excited for MG Survive
will it have that co-op metal gear magic?

have some exploitables

Not to mention the way the game is structured makes it the perfect portable game. Only have 5 minutes? You can still do a mission or check on your soldiers or engage a superb audio tapes.

Seriously why do other portable games fail so hard at being portable? It's about quick play, short progression, and convenience. I loved birth by sleep but holy shit was that hard to play outside of my house

>Memorable bossfights

Stopped reading there

Good points about PW

The story was great, I'd tie it with MGS2
There is a certain "replayability" if you like grinding
The conversations and tapes were done perefctly

Bad points about PW
No stealth at all
The ethernal "fulton 30 of these guys" or "kill the hellicopter" that made the game insufferable
Getting new weapons was more of a chore than enjoyment

I'm still a little mad that they didn't bring the HD version to Vita. And it's clear they did it just to milk digital sales of the original version

>No stealth at all
fucking worst is when they think they spot you, and decide to run right at you yelling SOMEBODYS HERE just so you get an alert and fuck up your hard earned S rank
god damned infuriating

Yup. It was unmistakeably a Metal Gear game at heart and Kojima and Co. clearly had a blast making it.

>Memorable bossfights
Tank 1 and Assault Jet B weren't particularly memorable. Only Peace Walker and ZEKE were noteworthy.

>Enemies get better equipment and tactics/support as BB's forces grow in power and give a good challenge if you're caught
It's a shame they never develop a functioning pair of eyeballs

>Nice, believable characters with barely any over-the-top crazy bullshit the other games have
Like Pacifica Ocean, the Cipher spy who steals your Metal Gear in her underwear and spends the rest of the time repeating the word peace? Or Hot Coldman, whose plan consists of detonating a nuke in order to convince people not to attack him with nukes so he won't detonate a nuke?

Was there an alternate Peace Walker release that I never played?

It was the graphic novel cutscenes.

I think it's a pretty shit game to be honest. Average story, decent characters, shit gameplay with shit boss battles.

Peace Walker is the only game I fully 100%'d through and through
>that grind for the last slingshot piece

>there'll never be a peace walker remake in fox engine

Shit game with shit story, shit gameplay, and shitty co-op designed bullet sponge bosses, not to mention mandatory grinding to beat Peace Walker second fight.
Worst mainline MGS, by far.

My alarm is set to Love Deterrence (acoustic), gives me comfiness and feels at the same time.

Not to mention
>m-muh boss
all over again, and Hayter's worst VA work in the franchise by far.

I liked it. Not my all-time favorite, but a decent game overall.

Felt like a real MGS game with heart, something I felt TPP seriously lacked.

most definitely
if they got kiefer to go back and do all those lines that would be make it just fantastic
his performance in V was the big b we all deserved

>Felt like a real MGS game with heart
No, not at all.
It was a fucking terrible game with a terrible story, and terrible gameplay.

There's literally no redeemable points of this piece of shit.

MGSV has good controls, that's one positive, against zero positives from Peace Walker.
At least in MGSV I didn't have to endure more fucking cringeworthy scenes, or garbage comic scenes with awful art style.

>m-muh comfy
>i-it has soul
>these are unironical arguments made to defend a legitimately terrible videogame

if peace walker had V's controls it would be 11/10 monster energy material
the knockback during vehicle boss fights was the biggest downfall for me
still an 8/10 game overall

>if peace walker had V's controls it would be 11/10 monster energy material
You still have the terrible leve design, the awful bullet sponge bosses, the mandatory grind and the cringeworthy clusterfuck of a story.

>he didn't play with friends
you missed out user
no matter, you have at least 4 months to get friends for MG:S

Every fucking videogame, no matter how bad, is fun with friends, idiot.

Nobody cares about Survive, and i'll be here to laugh when it flops hard.
At least MGS will die before Konami makes Solid Snake young again.

>a Simpsons reaction image
>cynical
>writes with meme arrows instead of giving arguments

Sometimes I wonder if Sup Forums is half people, half bots. And this is all just a social experiment.

>cynical because I don't like a game that has no positives

It's MGSV with worse graphics, worse controls and gameplay, forced grind, terrible art cutscenes, and terrible, unchallenging bullet gigantic bullet sponges as bosses.

>he doesnt like fun
Whats up Sup Forums? I thought you would've grown up by now

>hey dude, how can you not like this generic as fuck zombie game based on the biggest dissapointment since Mass Effect 3?

This.
Sup Forums is gonna pretend that it's good or maybe even pretend that it's the best game from the franchise, shill it for two weeks, and then completely forget about just like they do with those shitty Nintendo 3DS multiplayer shovelware games.

And with good reason, Konami picked the most cancerous things from modern vidya and shoved them into their only (currently) non-dead franchise to earn a quick buck.

>says that PW had soul
>he unironically is hyped for a ''game'' that was made by a bunch of guys in suits, looking at the current trends, only with money in mind, and not giving a single fuck about what MGS is about

Not true, I played Resident Evil 5 with my best friend and we got bored to tears.

That's ok user shit tastes aren't illegal yet.

How is the development system compared to Phantom Pain's? I heard it's way better in Peace Walker than Phantom Pain.

gmp regenerates to a set amount based on your base ranks

No, it's not.
In TPP you can complete it with the initial loadout, aside from the fulton, of course.
Here you are actually forced to grind because the boss fights are pieces of shit designed for 4 players, not 1.

PW is TPP, but worse in every single way.

dont listen to this guy
peace walker and tpp are brother and sister games

No, MGSV is the jaded dude that killed itself when he became 20.
PW is the retarded and deformed baby that died of old age but everyone wished it killed itself when it was a baby.

dead meme

>Memorable bossfights

Fuck
Off

That was the weakest point of Peace Walker