I forgive the tedious sailing. That finale was epic, lads. It is now my favorite 3D Zelda game next to Majora's Mask

I forgive the tedious sailing. That finale was epic, lads. It is now my favorite 3D Zelda game next to Majora's Mask.

I enjoyed sailing.

The sailing and music are why I love this game personally. That and the graphics/art style.

cool dude, but that easier than average combat, shitty dungeons, and incompleteness was horrible

prove me wrong buddy

I don't know if I "enjoyed" sailing, but it didn't bother me. It accomplished its purpose. I liked it better than rolling around Hyrule Field at the speed of sound going HYAH HYAH HYAH at least.

>incompleteness
let's slam every game every made for not being twice as big as it was

there's more than enough to do in WW

Sailing and little island mini-dungeons are my favorite part

Also love treasure hunting. Wish we had a submarine.

I liked the story
I lived with my little sister and Grandma so I could relate well enough.

>let's slam every game every made for not being twice as big as it was
fuck you, the third blue pearl was literally given to you instead of being a dungeon
not to mention only 5 in total and no, forsaken fortress is not a proper dungeon

>I forgive the tedious sailing.
Thats why I like the remaster so much, besides them overdoing the bloom and the lighting looking like shit. The shortened triforce hunt is much better and the super sail takes most of the tedium out of sailing.

>there's more than enough to do in WW
not at all, especially by how their wasn't any "proper" side content like in Majora's mask

What I hated about the sailing was how you had to change the wind's direction so much.

sure.

>easy combat
no Zelda game has "hard" combat except the original, where it's because of how stiff the controls are. WW combat was engaging, that's the important part. taking enemy weapons, the cool counter moves, the way the sfx increases in tone as you hit, getting you hyped up, it was pretty good.

>shitty dungeons
I'm pretty sure you'll be unable to articulate what this means, aside from just saying "it's not as good as [my favorite zelda]". I don't even have to address this. Dungeons were fine.

>incompleteness
I think you mean how there's no dungeon for the third pearl? Which is sort of a strange swerve I admit, but does it really bother you that much? Lots of stuff gets left on the design board in games. It's not like they cut out the ending, or a core part of the mechanics or anything, it's still a complete game with more dungeons than MM and a bunch of shit to collect.

the hatred for the bloom and lighting is kinda overblown, in many cases it doesn't look bad at all, but I agree with your opinions.

>5 medicore dungeons

Ftfy

so if there were only two Pearls in the game, you wouldn't have a problem? You're like a child who was happy with his cookie until you found out that mommy bought two cookies and only gave you one.

Shitty opinion thread?

sailing what made me enjoy the game and made go "damn, this game looks really good with the cel shading."

>engaging

Yeah, holding shield and waiting to press A was so fucking engaging. It was essentially QTE bullshit and you know it.

>Dungeons were fine
They were linear, presented no challenge, and were for the most part uninteresting. Even the bosses were unremarkable

>more dungeons than MM
Hardly, as there are only 5 (no the fortress doesn't count) and as stated above, they are incredibly lackluster, especially compared to MM where the dungeons were all very atmospheric and implemented unique uses for the mechanics in the game.

Nintendo really experiment with The Wind Waker

>Tingle Tuner stuff
>Nintendo Gallery
>Pictobox Deluxe

Getting the Hero's Charm also felt like some Stop N Swop level lore.

Sailing was great when the wind was with you. The only thing I found tedious was changing wind direction and the triforce quest.

Want a fucking cookie?

> (You)

Reminder that Ganondorf did nothing wrong

indeed, completely agree user. MM and WW are the best 3D Zeldas.

This one is a hard contender against skyward sword. For all the hate skyward sword gets, it's the only Zelda game where there's actually romance between Link and Zelda and I actually felt like I was a badass hero destroying an army to save my lover from evil.

>having opinions this terrible

>muh wind

He is faggot and so are you

>this is the kind of person that likes WW
>muh romance and feels

Ganondorf is a literal sandnigger who instead of asking to be apart of the kingdom and living peacefully decided to try and execute a hostile takeover causing a war that cost a ton of lives on both sides.

>tfw ganondorf was the good guy all along

Same here. I fucking loved going square to square, using my spyglass to spot the next island, or using it to spot unique things off in the distance and checking them out.

hard to explain, but it was the only Zelda game that gave me a sense of adventure. Everything else just feels like a standard sense of progression. I still remember finding that island with the little house on it that you can own, and then opening it and finding the secret that leads you to the big mazelike basement. Shit was great.

Well yeah, I love any video game that has romance. Ocarina of time let me down. Wind waker let me down.Majora's mask let me down . Seasons and ages let me down down.Twilight princess gave me absolute hope and then crushed me under its heel. What's wrong with being happy that I finally wasn't fucked over for once?

mm, ww, and ocarina are the only legit opinions for best 3D zelda. TP or SS is a terrible opinion.

Spirit Tracks did it way better

he cuveted the wind you asshole

Ocarina was basically a harem, and Midna wanted the D but unhappy ending.

I had almost beaten this again recently, but the farther in you get, the more tedious it becomes.
I actually dig the sailing and it's not even the triforce shards.

My wife was watching me and she was actually getting into it, then I got to the earth and wind temples and I was pulling out the wind waker like every couple minutes to play the command melody.
You obviously don't keep the wind waker equipped so I was pausing a shit ton too.

At that point I was actually embarrassed to be playing one of my favorite games.

Not him, but WW is easily my favorite 3D Zelda. Granted, a lot of it is due to nostalgia, it's still a good game with a lot of fun little things sprinkled over it, plus it has a ton of personality and a low of unique things for the series.

The dungeons sucked

No Wii U?
The HD version alleviates the tedium for the most part

Skyward Sword is unironically my favorite 3D Zelda. AMA.

>That finale was epic
I felt the opposite. It seemed to me like like WW had the least amount of story of any 3D Zelda and it just ended extremely abruptly without much buildup or tension.

Why are they so perfect together?

You forgot about the empty overworld bro.

Don't forget that Majora's Mask attempted to make up for the short amount of dungeons with a much larger amounts of sidequests compared to every other Zelda game.
What did Wind Waker have to make for those 5 short, incredibly linear and uncreative dungeons? Fuck all.

>The sailing doesn't bother me
>I like that even shitty islands like the reefs have that guy with the telescope on them or something interesting
>Windfall is actually pretty hearty such a tiny place (It has more sidequests than all the towns in Ocarina combined)
>The dungeons are alright. Only one I really despised was Earth Temple.
>The story is actually good.

But everyone treats it like dirt. Did an eceleb say it's shit? Really the only part that makes me mad is that waste of space Crescent Moon Island because there's NOTHING on it.

I like to imagine from time to time how it could've been like if they actually finished it.

>more islands that are worth more than 5 minutes of content and handful of rupees
>actual pirates and pirate ship battles
>mystical sea monsters besides kraken like hydras and harpies
>explore hyrule underworld

feels like another phantom pain to me

This. Ganondorf's speech did not feel earned and I hated the king.

>The sailing doesn't bother me
Good for you but that doesn't discount that a lot of people took issue with the implementation of sailing, to the point where the process had to be streamlined in HD remake.
>Windfall is actually pretty hearty such a tiny place (It has more sidequests than all the towns in Ocarina combined)
And that same number of sidequests or content density doesn't spread to the rest of the map. Especially when coming off the back of Majora's Mask which was a substantial improvement in terms of optional content, the lack of additional content is even more noticeable.
>The dungeons are alright. Only one I really despised was Earth Temple.
The dungeons are terrible. Linear as hell, puzzles are too easy and the combat provides no challenge so every dungeon turns into a slog of following the path and mindlessly doing whatever pops in front of you. There are no engaging moments that require the player to think carefully or use skill. They are fucking terrible dungeons.
Writing off the many valid complaints towards the game as a result of "ecelebs" is completely disingenuous.

where the fuck do i find the wind sage?

Did you do the Earth Temple first? Because the game won't let you find him at all until you do it. Because LOL who wants to have some freedom in a fucking Zelda game, they're known for being linear.

Worst part is the game still acts like you didn't JUST do a gimmicky partner dungeon already, so it walks you through how it works AGAIN when you get to the Wind Temple.

Makar is missing for a good 2/3rds of the dungeon. It's hardly as bad as Mirror Shield puzzles the dungeon.

Bad taste, MM a shit

Yeah, saying MM is the best Zelda is a shit opinion

Whats that screen on the right. Never seen it before. Something i missed in game i suppose...

Combat is literally the best in Zelda, although I never played Twilight Princess on GameCube so I don't know if that would have improved the experience.

What about the fact the dungeons and bosses being better than anything WW and MM had to offer?
Or the fact the characters are also better?
MM and WW have tingle in, SS doesn't, automatically making it an improvement
I hate zelda/link pairings so that is a terrible argument

>being this wrong

Skyward Sword's controls are just too shit. I hope they remake/rework it later down the line for normal controllers so I can appreciate it.

I too enjoyed the sailing. There were all kinds of things around to stop and check

And MM failed in that regard. Still doesn't make up for the shittiest dungeons and bosses in a series most well-known for both

The Tingle Tuner screen

>ss controls are shit
I bet you couldn't even defeat the first miniboss and blamed the game instead of you being a faggot

Wtf is that. Gamecube/gba-link only?

Its on the eshop now. Cant you play it with the gamepad/pro controller?

>I forgive the tedious sailing

Nope, it's still tedious, has shit dungeons and most islands are empty with barely anything to do in them