I want a comfy game where I can just relax and kinda zone out while driving...

I want a comfy game where I can just relax and kinda zone out while driving. Preferably a racing game (I don't wanna go full Euro Truck Sim or something) but one more based on racing around in real world environments instead of artificial tracks.

Thing is I know jack shit about the entire racing genre besides Mario Kart. Any suggestions? Preferably on PS4 since my computer is a toaster.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HhyyUiYQolA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FUEL
It's the best racing game of all time and no one played it.

300km2 open world if i remember it right

Here is the map.

You can drive around for hours without taking a road twice.

you should have grabbed the crew for free last month, op
it's comfy but not worth paying for

has euro truck simulator been updated with the migrant dlc yet?

stopping at a light has never been so riveting

It's 14,400 km2

What the fuck. This shit was on a 8gb game disc and looks great What is the secret technology behind this?

14,000 km2 of that is pretty much empty

Why don't you just go actually drive?

Dirt Rally is your game

GTA V is made for mindless driving while high.
I can't name a more relaxing game where you just drive and enjoy the music, the freedom and the environment

driveclub is kinda fun

POINTS!

It's still impressive to put that on a 8gb disc.
Without some clever trick you could never do that.

Just do the math and see how insane that would be. If every square would store 6 byte information that game would be around 300gb large. There is a video about it.

It just blows my mind how you could get the data for 14,000 square kilometers with graphics, sounds and all the other shit on a 8gb cd.

>traffic
>texters
>drunk retards
>semis
>laws
>gas

It's not too hard to see why somebody would find vidya driving more relaxing than IRL driving.

>paying for gas
>dealing with shitheads
>not being able to just floor it if you're in the mood for that
>can't visit more exotic locales

TDU

I wish a proper successor to it would happen

>Why don't you just go actually drive?
>Why don't you just go and assasinate people=
>Why don't you just go and be a famer?
>Why don't you just go and join the military?

Geez, i wonder why. It's like you play games to escape reality. Who even does that?

Driveclub VR

Scale of models is reletive in computer programs.

Why do you think serious sam games look so big?

NFS Hot Pursuit (new one) was very comfy. It had cheerful music and really beautiful enviroments.

Racing sims usually offer enormous autism maps to simply drive around. You can also try that, you simply can't have PC too weak for rFactor.

GTAV

The Crew. If you're looking to get a game ONLY for driving for long distances and doing nothing else then this game is perfect for you because everything else isn't so great about it. The game's map is the entire united states and you can drive from coast to coast. It takes around 52 minutes to drive from one end of the map to the other. Aside from that if you want to go off road or take a shortcut or just drive slow to enjoy the scenery it will take around an hour or two. There is cockpit cam too for extra comfy. Check it out if you like.

Imagine a GTA clone with The Crew's map

TDU2 is pretty good even though it's dated as shit and I'm pretty sure the servers have been dead for years, or The Crew as mentioned

Don't discount Euro Truck Sim 2. With a wheel, it's the comfiest driving game out there by a long shot.

This, The Crew is god tier for road driving. I finnished the story already and keep comming back to improve my cars, race online and just discover parts of the map where i havent been, its surprising how many areas are out there that you don't visit on the story missions

The Crew's map is GOAT. Too bad about the rest of it...

>Scale of models is reletive in computer programs.
Yeah, but FUEL dosen't look like a c&p job and it dosen't use one and the same upscaled model all over the place.

I remind you that we talk about 14,000 square kilometers. That has nothing to do with "relative" at this point. You still need to store the same information.
>Why do you think serious sam games look so big?
That is a different story.

trackmania comfy as fuck

provided you're not going for records and just playing to complete the maps, then that shit becomes intense

playing trackmania 2 canyon and drifting around night maps with a dozen frenchmen and eurobeat playing in the background is as comfy as it can fucking get

I feel like I would definitely want to use a steering wheel controller for Euro Truck

Forza Horizon 1/2/3. All are GOAT tier, but only available on the Bone. Conveniently, you can now play them all on the Bone without the need to pay to rent a PS3 sitting in some server center if you know what I mean.

FH3 is on PC, but I have a hard time recommending it. Performance is unstable and wildly unpredictable. Outside of it's 'gorgeous for console' looks the racing is shallow as fuck. AI cars have simplified physics and don't actually race, they follow a course around the track based on Drivatard coordinates. Their lap speed is determined by car class and difficulty, nothing else matters. The actual dog brain AI they have can just barely manage to maneuver the cars back onto their preset path (most of the time).

The game's customization is further limited by a bizarrely fetishized system of backwards compatibility with older console only Forza games. It's licensed car list is immense, but it's heavy with updated/recycled models from a decade ago.

The physics combine the worst aspects of sim and arcade style racers. The end effect is an amazing system of tuning options that are rendered meaningless because the settings utter fail to mirror real world equivalents, and often appear to violate basic laws of motion.

It's basically fucking amazing graphics that are so costly on console APU systems that it's wrapped over the in-depth simulation and physics of Pole Position. It's great watching your car's movement never manage to match the visible angle of your front wheels.

Someone actually did the math that if FUEL were to store its map data in the smallest possible way, it would take seven blurays to contain it all. The map is procedurally generated with very minimal set content, which is why it's so empty and repetitive. Regardless of the shit it gets, though, I fucking love it. Best road trip sim hands down

you feel absolutely correctly
i used to play on a controller, got a wheel basically just for trucking and had a goddamn blast for like a week straight
the actual best part is having a shifter

Grab Outrun 2006.
Perfect arcade driving.
It feels sublime to play, the base Outrun mode is a great score-chaser and the challenge modes are fantastic and will test your mettle.
Plus, an amazing soundtrack.

My Summer Car

Though you have to build the car first.
You could drive around the beautiful Finnish countryside collecting poop to fund you car though.

Holy shit, this makes me want to just chill out and nap. What the fuck, I almost want to ask if there's any games where you sit in the back seat and someone else drives, but that sounds fucking retarded.

I agree with this.
Outrun 2006 is fucking amazing.

Star Wars: Galaxies Jump to Lightspeed was the best for this
>hanging out with your bros in space, walking around the deck
>pilot runs through enemy sector
>ALL HANDS ON DECK
>start working the shield shunt
>billybob blasting cannons
>finally escape
>back to space-chilling.

Watch this, he gives a good analysis of it:

youtube.com/watch?v=HhyyUiYQolA

I used to just run time trials on Driveclub tracks when I was in that mood, I got a copy free with the ps4 and didn't play it till a year later. The cars were beautiful, the environments were alright too. I was surprised when I found a game that filled that desire right under my nose.

I like cruising around in GTA, but DC had the speed without the traffic.

I wish forza horizon 3 would have that map size, but hey im playing both

I play with a 360 controller and a special thumbstick nub thats like half an inch out and it gets the job done better than stock, but the wheel is the real deal.
but then you need the petals, and you may as...
too much money...
I mean I bought the game, the going east expansion and some little dlc and only sank like 15 bucks into the game. Its worth it.
Buying all that peripheral equipment is too rich for my blood, nub only cost couple bucks.

OP
EURO TRUCK SIM 2
It is exactly what you want if you want low graphics too be acceptable. Just put on a podcast and drive from Berlin to Paris
Protip: OVOID THE UK, Really is a nanny state. Cameras every few feet...
Pic related.

oh wow im dumb

Jojo reference?

This is the worst attempt at a forced meme I've seen yet.

like other people said the crew is a fantastic road trip simulator but downright loathsome as a racing game

Probably reminds you of being a kid and being driven home by your parents on a snowy night after a christmas party or something. its a good feeling to just sit in the back seat and close your eyes know that you are going to be taken home safe