Will We Ever Get A Modern Star Trek TNG Era Game?

Will any developer like Bioware or Telltale step up and give us one last adventure for the crew of the Enterprise-D before the cast starts dying off? Heck, they could even have it take place during the later seasons of TNG so they have an excuse to bring in DS9 & its cast too. but not the cast of Voyager, fuck that shitty show except maybe Robert Picardo - he's alright. What would Sup Forums want from a new Star Trek TNG game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l28KDuRrPYU
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Armada
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Armada_II
youtube.com/watch?v=TIh1fxlqIoY
youtube.com/watch?v=dJf2ovQtI6w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

oops, forgot this re-creation of the Enterprise-D done in Unreal which may convince some of you...

youtube.com/watch?v=l28KDuRrPYU

What studio do you believe could do it well? I can't think of any.

Like I said, maybe Bioware could pull it off if they have any of their magic from the old KOTOR / Mass Effect days or maybe Telltale could do it too.

Wouldn't sell. TNG is pretty old now, user. They don't even make movies for it anymore now that they've moved on to nu-trek - did you realize it's been 14 years since Nemesis?

Convince Paramount to make a huge push with some new blu-ray release of the old series or something to tie it to, and maybe they could sell enough to make it worth the effort, but not happening without it.

the 2009 Ghostbusters game sold, the Back to the Future game sold, Transformers WfC, FoC and Devastation sold, Alien Isolation sold, the Warriors sold, a whole slew of shitty Star Wars games have sold. All of those used original actors and older properties to good effect (except Star Wars) so why couldn't Star Trek, the new movie was a financial disappointment and we all know the new series will bomb because they're spencing 9mil per episode, airing it on a CBS only version of Netflix nobody has or wants and they lost the showrunner so now it's being written by the hack who made the 1998 Lost in Space movie.

And none of them had newer, competing product within its own franchise(arguably devastation, but then, "sold" is being awfully generous with that one.)

I like TNG, user, even with its preachyness, but get real for a moment here.

I am being real, the new Star Trek movies and series (that series is prime trek timeline btw not nu-trek though it will still undoubtedly be awful) are torpedoing the franchise and tapping into some hard nostalgia for when it was good while they can is probably the only way to save Star Trek at this point.

Well, you're as welcome to your delusions as the rest of us.

See you again next time you make this thread.

What's the link to your Social Media so I can post the threads directly there?

STO exists. And us set in the original orime time line post-hobus

Is* set. Prime* timeline.

Shit. The latest 'story' content update / expansion is TOS era. And before that / now / again its the temporal cold war stuff seen throughout every trek series.

STO does exist but with the exception of Worf there's a lack of TNG and DS9 content. Meanwhile they managed to get half the cast of Voyager to do VO for their Delta Rising expansion.

great a game with PS2 era graphics with MMO style "we kick eachother in the shins until one of us falls down" style gameplay set in the post nemesis timeline where the Federation is at war with with the Klingons (again) and Romulus is destroyed. Have you seen the canon Enterprise F from that either? Awful. The ships from Agents of Yesterday are pretty sweet though.

If you think the F is bad you've clearly not seen the J. It's the ugliest thing in the game. It's so damn flat and spindly I can't believe anyone looked at it and said "yeah, that works."

That's Doug Drexler's handiwork. If you ever REALLY want to piss him off them send him a message telling him that his design for the NX-01 is just the Akira Class flipped upside down.

That's no so bad. I like it better than the E aside from the twin neck deign, othersie it kida reminds me of an updated version of the Ambassador Class prototype though I still prefer the production model Ambassador used for the Enterprise C

The Steamrunner class is also an Akira turned upside down.

to be fair to Mr. Drexler, I think the NX (or Columbia Class) is the best looking for the three but I still think the stuff STO did for Agents of Yesterday did the basic design type better.

My fed is currently flying the t6 yamato class federation dreadnought

Lots of ds9 stuff is in the game
Half the tac ships are fucking defiant derivatives. Terran rep is all about mirror universe ds9 vs ds9

Bajor and ds9 packs are buyable for uniforms and weapons etc.

Even cardies get a spot as the way to get spiral wave disruptors

T6 versions of the oddesseys at least mitigate the derp.

Plus the shipyard ship customisation does let you chop and change parts.

For instance my t6 yamato is using the venture engineering hull and gal-x pylons and neck

Lots of DS9 stuff, true, but very few DS9 characters. There's Holo and Mirror Universe Leeta, Captain Nog and that's pretty much all I can think of. Oh yeah, Morn is still sitting at the bar.

They couldn't even get Rom to do a cameo as the new Grand Nagus?

The tos stuff does look much better than other new shit like command cruisers and the fucking guardian class.

Hell. Some of the new stuff is great

Kurak/mogh

Are any of the four Star Trek games on GoG good? They're all $5.99 if that makes a difference.

Hate nog. He gets the chimera? HOW? LTS/ veteran heavy destroyer and fucking NOG gets to be the first-in-class's captain?

They've really didn't do much with the Ferengi. Rom's on Ferenginar, Leeta only recorded a holo version of herself for Quark's Dabo tables. Most of the DS9 missions are about the Jem'Hadar fleet that the Prophets erased in the series. Turned out they only sent them into the future so they come out of the wormhole and invade DS9 because they have no idea the war ended decades earlier.

I'd rather explore the E, now the D is my favorite but I feel the E got shafted by appearing only in movies and the majority of the movies it was in sucked. The D had seven seasons and a movie for us to get to know her.

meanwhile Sisko is still in the wormhole while wait wasn't his wife pregnant at the end of DS9, that kid is now almost 20 and never knew his crazy crazy father.

Yeah I don't care for Nog either. Especially when they create that temporal weaoon and manage to erase an entire species from the timeline by accident, sparking off the temporal war nonsense. I hate the temporal war stuff and how they claim time travel will be the new warp drive. I want Star Trek, not Time Trek.

I stopped playing STO when the ds9 content ran dry, which was years ago. Now it's all about voyager and the enterprise temporal war. Like I came back after 2 years and there's nothing really new or great. it ran it's course, sadly.

that's why the D has more to work with in terms of already knowing its art direction & layout. Also it's just a more interesting ship. Does the E have an aquarium on board? I'll bet not since it was more of a straight up war ship. Besides, everyone knows that the objectively best Enterprise is C

They're all classics.

Sto has assault cruiser. A zen refit version with wide angle quantum torp. Launcher.

And t6 version soon
The sisko is off being a newly minted jesus-god of wormhole critter manufacture.
Jake is like 50 now.. especially since treks time writing is even worse than timey wimey wibbly wobbly

which 4 are they?

No not Jake wasn't his wife Cassidy or whatever pregnant at the end of DS9?

But are they good or just "Good for a licensed game"?

I kinda gave up when muh jeebus vs parwraith devils started

Starfleet Academy
Starfleet Command Gold Edition
Star Trek 25th Anniversary
Star Trek: Judgement Rites

why no Keiko?

Command is sweet. Its a great V version of the oldschool st battles pnp.

Star-Trek is the worse thing since the AIDs virus..
I don't know why anyone would want to play something related to it now.

>going through an old hard drive
>find some Star Trek game collection I got from a demonoid torrent years ago
>every game on it works expect for the two Armada games
>basically computer illiterate and have no idea how to get them to work on Win7

Guess I can try Birth of the Federation and Bridge Commander at least.

Keiko would be on earth with O'Brien who's teaching at Starfleet Academy unless she divorced him in another of O'Brien's long list of ways life makes him suffer at every opportunity. Maybe he can hook up with Ogawa instead, TNG's TRUE Jap-fu

You should check out PCGamingWiki for info on how to get those running.

> pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Armada
> pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Armada_II

25th Anniversary is good
Judgement Rites is great

The versions on GOG are the CD versions with voice acting from all the original cast. You can get the non-CD versions for free on Abandonia, it all depends how much you want to hear the original crew trying to play the parts 25 years after the show was over

Bridge commander is fuck awesome. And has lots of ship expansion.

Had no idea this place even existed, thanks. Pic related is apparently what I got in that torrent, don't even remember why I bothered downloading it, did not have a PC of my own at the time, hence the old hard drive I mentioned in the last post. I don't know if this is some official I downloaded or some fan put together thing.

>EA makes a star trek game
>it's voyager
>crew is random gen nobodies
>pay $15 for the voyager crew starter pack
>crew gear is outclassed by level 10 so you have to go back to random gen nobodies
>dilithium is used every away mission
>dilithium recharges over time
>can purchase full dilithium for latinum
>enterprise dlc

That's not too far away from how STO works.

Ef and ef 2 are great.

Neat. I never played because I haven't played. Everyone says there's no point starting now so I don't.

I'm just not big on the combat, circle strafe with your ship and fire phasers to drain enemy shields, launch photon torpedoes to destroy enemy ship, wash rinse repeat

Never played STO but Star Trek doesn't seem like a series where the combat should be the focus. But

>MMO
>No combat focus

I know will never happen.

That's my main issue with STO. It's entirely too combat focused and the Federation is constantly at war. It feels more like the Mirror Universe than actual Star Trek.

yes there needs to be a heavy exploration emphasis so I dunno if charting randomly generated planets or alien encounters is possible or whether it would have to just a heavily scripted game.

They used to have randomly generated exploration clusters but they removed them from the game.

They took those out? Too bad

They were shit

Not that user but that's one reason why I never got into it. Didn't hear about it until a year or two after it came out and I've never known an MMO where you could keep up unless you were one of the people in at Day 1 or the beta. You'd never be able to catch up and get your numbers high enough.

That's why they removed them but it was still a lose. They keep removing content and not replacing it.

That's not really an issue in STO. You can solo all the story content and there's pretty much no PVP left. Endgame has 5-man team raids but you can faceroll them with the gear you'll have by then.

do the ship interiors consist mainly of only the bridge or can other areas be explored?

Your ship has a bridge, an engineering and a crew deck. There's not much to explore on there really, you spend most of your time either in space as the ship or on the ground as your character.

>it all depends how much you want to hear the original crew trying to play the parts 25 years after the show was over

At the time they were still making TOS movies, you know.

that's a shame, I'm surprised the fan community hasn't fleshed out more of that sort of thing.

Fan community is pretty terrible

There's also not much they can do to flesh out the bridge, I'm pretty sure they can't even make missions that use the player's specific bridge, they have to use a generic map and just claim it's "your" bridge.

For Star Trek online or Star Trek in general? I know they can be turbo autistic but they can make some pretty meticulous stuff like as a result

no no, not the Bridge, those are done, I mean things like shuttle bays, crew lounges, quarters, ready rooms, conference rooms, medical bay, engineering, those sorts of things.

The parts of the fandom that actually make shit for it all focus on fanfilms.

>Renegades was garbage
>Axanar is dead

This is what happens when it's a TV show fandom. They all want to be the star. They don't want to just make games or mods like decent people.

No that video linked there shows some guy remade a good chunk of the Enterprise D interior with Unreal, even better than those people who were working on the 1:1 scale Enterprise D in Minecraft for whatever reasons

youtube.com/watch?v=TIh1fxlqIoY

>1:1 scale Enterprise D in Minecraft
I am going to ask a question. It is purely rhetorical and I expected no answer. In fact, no answer would be preferable.

Why?

Star Trek Continues is pretty decent, the guy who plays Kirk has his Shatner Impression down pat. And to a slightly lesser extent Star Trek Phase II is also a decent effort.

youtube.com/watch?v=dJf2ovQtI6w

Ah, all those things are part of what is called the Bridge in STO. Bridges are just a set of maps you can visit, the same as any other ground map. All those things are on your bridge but there's not much use to actually visiting it unless you want to show it off to friends or RP on there. You can't actually play the game from there so most people don't really bother going there.

They most likely did it in Minecraft because they have no skills and could not make it in anything else.

>Why?
They're too poor from trekkies being the original basement dweller neckbeard NEETs to afford building it in IRL Lego?

Wasn't the guy on the far right in Mythbusters?

You mean enterprise "e"

Yeah that's him, Grant Imahara. He plays Sulu in it and they probably put his skills to work building props / doing SFX work etc.

Nope Enterprise E is like everything from the late 1990s, shit.