youtube.com/watch?v=vaZWK0RaPFk
youtube.com/watch?v=mQw1rPMn95E
youtube.com/watch?v=aTT4di20FtU
youtube.com/watch?v=JA9c01YsEFM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

PLEASE, HELP ME

I'll save Yurt first. He seems nice.

For the longest time, I thought that weird, frustrating groaning was just one of those insane prisoners.

What the fuck were they thinking making him sound like that?

His screams and groans made the level 100 times more atmospheric imo. Especially when combined with the other prisoners noises and the bells from the mindflayers. I loved it. It practically felt like a horror game. Demons Souls sound design is excellent. Whatever they were thinking it payed off.

7 years

Yeah, Tower of Latria was an amazing set of levels. Now that I think about it, the scream doesn't sound as crazy as I remember (I just looked up a Youtube video of it), but that's probably because it was isolated from the rest of the game. It really did fit in with the level, made it seem even crazier. Don't get me wrong, I loved the groaning, but I was so surprised he was the one doing it. My friend and I still to this day will sometimes make this noise at each other.

I'm glad I don't have this saved because it's a treat every time I see it posted. Makes me think of before I played Demon's Souls or any Souls game and I would see that one picture of the Maneaters in suit jackets or something dancing with a confused/scared Slayer of Demons in the middle of them. I also remember my first playthrough putting all my points into Magic-oriented stuff, literally no Vitality or Endurance. I couldn't beat Allant.

>mmmmmmHYAAAAAAH
What exactly was he trying to express?

My first build was pure Luck because I assumed that would be fucking awesome
I had such a shitty time until I complained about it in a DeS thread and someone just said Blueblood Sword and completely turned my run around
Been a huge fan of the Souls series ever since

yo dawg. here's a DeS image album I made with over 700 pics of official art, fanart, and comics.

imgur.com/a/XhBxC/layout/grid

Why does that bow animation look less robotic than every fucking animation in 2 and 3?

>that webm
Neat

well in DaS2 they tried to go for mocap animations so everything just looked stiff IMO. DaS2 did have some cool gestures though.

very sick. is there a more hq source of that?

I still need to do a Blueblood build. Luck is probably my favorite stat in video games.

Very cool. It's been a very boring night for me, but Demon's Souls discussion and images really make my day.

That looks so good, dude

same. I am glad DaS3 brought back the upgrade paths from DeS. Too bad blessed builds will never be as crazy as they were in DeS though haha. Was a bit too good.

WE WUZ OLD KANGZ N SHIT

Miralda had a cool voice.

Mephistopheles and Yurt had the sexiest ones though.

youtube.com/watch?v=LH_Pk8TswqQ

youtube.com/watch?v=tXz7P9XifAY

youtube.com/watch?v=xDX17IfN1fw

Best theme
youtube.com/watch?v=NIAQY2xwXPc

>hardest boss in Demon's Souls

my faves are fool's idol and the character creation music. hearing the character creation music always makes me want to start a new file.

youtube.com/watch?v=bKXMEYLv30g

youtube.com/watch?v=s3nckWeT-m0

I like how Allant escapes at 6 seconds mark. Also how he had to use 2 grasses. he still got messed up even with that exploit haha.

DeS had a lot of exploitable shit. I remember the running firestorms pretty vividly.

He's probably my favorite Souls boss just off of atmosphere alone and the fact that he's such a cool capstone to a great game. Honestly, Gwyn was kind of a letdown in comparison even though he was harder for me.

I always cheese Manhunters after NG+ because their magic shots are OP.

my first encounter in ng+ some asshole did this to me and I had never seen it before. fucking love that game.

>he's such a cool capstone to a great game

user
False King isn't the final boss

I'm surprised there was never a ruin sentinel edit of this

Why haven't any of the Souls games been as atmospheric and had as quality level design as DeS yet. Bloodborne was getting there but no where near DeS.

yeah or the gargoyles from DaS1. I never really noticed they are kind of like a toned down version of maneaters.

Yes he is

don't be a fucking memer and imply the ending to the game is somehow made lesser because they actually let you play it instead of show you in a cutscene how weak the true king is.

Unforgettable music
youtube.com/watch?v=QFjotdhdBLM

Because you're a contrarian hipster

why is des so fucking comfy lads

I wish I was playing it right now

for as much as I love das there's just something truly magical about des that has me coming back to it again and again, to the point that I've put more hours into it than every other souls game combined

it's just so good, even the shitty parts I look forward to with the kind of gleeful anticipation of listening to your dad tell a bad pun, you know in your head it's not fun or entertaining but in your heart you're just happy and satisfied with the whole world

DO COME BACK ALIVE

Maiden in Black is the only level up girl they did right. Her speech was in the background as you leveled. Plus it wasn't a hindrance to go back to the hub because of the way the worlds were set up. Plus she is cute as hell.

AI NEED YER BUSINESS!

I know what you mean. I can beat the game fast as fuck now too. I like to be a pimp and roll through the arrow ballista machine in Latria.

>somehow endure Tower of Latria
>Mind Flayer phantom at the top of the staircase

Hey!

yeh have a hahrt of goald

dunt let em take it frum ye

the spiral staircase? I've probably died to that shitter more times than any other enemy in the game including bosses

goddamn that little shit is a tough cookie

>tfw this story is genuinely good

I completely forgot he wears that ceremonial military get up.

Every time I try and imagine the fight he comes up in a suit of armor in my head or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=6ESqvGzdnvs
So sweet

Probably thinking of Shit King Doran, DeS's flaws summed up into one being

STOP!

;_;

man I remember whenever I'd be the Old Monk boss those mind flayers are what got me most of my monk collars. People would die long before they ever reached me most of the time. I don't get it either because all you need to do is hug the left wall to block their shit.

Every Souls game has great credits music, but Return to Slumber still holds the cake

THOU WHO SEEKETH THE KING'S SWORD

yeah I always thought that was pretty cool

>People ACTUALLY thought he was hard.

youtube.com/watch?v=qutYD5UMhTY

old King Doran is amazing though

he might be the most legitimately hard souls enemy ever, without being bullshit unfair

every time I've ever beaten him I get filled with a sense of pride and newfound respect for myself

he's a fucking legend and if you fight him without preparing he will tear you a new asshole

>Old King Doran
>Kite him out to the wall outside and pepper him with homing soul arrow which he will never dodge
>Hard in any capacity.

Crowsteel the Hunter was harder.

This is a very bad opinion

anyone have a gif/webm of allant using soulsucker on someone?

I remember for almost seven hours I prevented every online player from defeating old monk by taking my fth/str negress with the cleaver and rolling 2h r1 into them and their phantoms and completely wrecking their shit without using any broken scraping spear or bullshit miracles

I quit when one of them managed to parry my instant attack and killed me with the riposte, I had too much respect for him to continue on

The SGDQ run of it was hilarious
>dies to the first dash attack
my sides

YOUV GOTTA HART OF GOLD

well if you just cheese him like a nerd he's not going to be fun, but if you fight him rolling and buffing yourself out the ass to match him he's a great fight

The trick to it is to wait for him to turn back around and go up the staircase and then run him down and burn his health down as quick as possible

I don't think I ever died to that one

>if you chesse him he's easy

no shit, even crow was cheseeble at the stairs

They patched that out.

I miss when Souls players were pure and fresh and you had a clear advantage due to understanding the mechanics and i-frames better than them. I miss the first few weeks of Demon's Souls.

What armor is the character wearing in the DS3 clip?

Burial Knight set, which was a cut set in the base game

It has since been replaced with Vilhelm's set as of the DLC so you can no longer use it

>all wearing the mascot set except for DaS3

kek

poor Firelink set

Someone post all the comics that people made back when Demon's Souls general was a thing so I can save all of them again.

fuck

No they didn't. I just cheesed crow that way last night before helping a friend with NG++ Amelia.

see I've been working on it forever.

Why are the DeS and Bloodborne moonlight swords so much better than the dark souls version?

DeS had unique attributes like being able to hit through shields, while Bloodborne was just the wildest shit all around.

Dark Souls moonlight sword goes from looking like rusty shit on poop stained glass to plastic fisher price back to rusty shit on shit stained glass.

Blueblood was easily my favorite build in DeS. That, scraping spear, and acid/poison cloud in 4-2 invasions were a hilariously good time.

My sincerest thanks.

>The fucking swamps in DeS
>All those toxic cloud magicians
>The large mace dudes
>Toxic blood babies
>The gross fucking monstrosity that was leechmonger
>Dark Phantom Garl
Good times

Moonlight Greatsword is my swordfu.

Being able to hit through shields is neat as fuck and I like throwing sword beams at people. It's one of the few weapons in DS3 that makes the repair spell useful to have. Being a stealthy-ass faggot backstabbing undead with a huge as fuck sword is silly as fuck though.

There's something so wonderfully iconic about this

How many years has it been?

>Toxic

None of that pussy-ass toxic handholding players in Demon's Souls

That was plague. Constant health loss, healing items were halved, and stamina recovery was halved. They had to make it nicer for people because it would've broken Dark Souls

Really, Demon's Souls has the best soundtrack hands down.
youtube.com/watch?v=f__lLLoe6D0
youtube.com/watch?v=vaZWK0RaPFk
youtube.com/watch?v=mQw1rPMn95E
youtube.com/watch?v=aTT4di20FtU
God, really makes me wish they ported Demon's Souls to the PS4. I want to see "THE DEMON IS DESTROYED; You shall obtain the Demon Soul... and a power that is beyond human imagination" again.

Also MiB best girl and has the most memorable prayer.

7 ;_;

good times

>Friend of mine started playing relatively late in the game
>Loved bloodborne
>Kept telling me that the Firekeeper in 3 was just a 1:1 copy of the Doll
>I keep telling him she's more based off the MiB but he doesn't believe me

How the fuck doesn't he believe you? They even dressed her all in black, made her blind, and gave her a small number of Maiden's animations.

Hell, the shrine in DaS3 even reuses assets from the Nexus and its layout.

yeah and maybe even throw in the final archstone somehow!

youtube.com/watch?v=JA9c01YsEFM

Nah. They should make a Demons Souls 2 set in the Northern Limit that's all about trying to reconnect the world to the Nexus and by doing that completely fucks the ending of Demons Souls 1.

>that black phantom
>she can run and roll in the swamp
>you can't

This image saved me so much fucking stress years ago

MiB and Firekeeper both have fairly similar prayers. Kinda wish they made Firekeeper's louder so I can actually know what the fuck she's saying but whatever.
Firekeeper's:
>Let these souls withdrawn from their vessels
>manifestations of disparity
>elucidated by fire burrowed deep within me
>retreating to a darkness beyond the reach of flame
>let them assume a new master inhabiting ash
>casting themselves upon new forms.

MiB's:
>Soul of the mind, key to life's ether.
>Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel.
>Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
>So the world might be mended.

Kinda liked the idea of becoming a spooky ghost more than a spooky corpse. Though, getting hit definitely doesn't sound as brutal when you're a ghost.

>You fool. Don't you understand? No one wishes to go on…
What did he mean by this?

I can't emphasize this 'love bloodborne' enough
Never had a PS3, so he hasn't touched DeS

Allant arrogantly assuming everyone else hates the world as much as he does

Surely you have seen for yourself, the pain and suffering that fills this world.

>we never got his armor
shame

>oh shit look at this big guy
>Biorr comes in

I didn't even have to do much

He turns into a monster the more NG+s you do. I think at NG+++ he one shots Biorr.

I want to cook with the silent chef

>Demon's Souls is fair!

you know I never really noticed til now, but Siegmeyer/Siegward are an homage to Biorr aren't they?

both have to be saved
both love naps after slaying a demon
both come in and help you with a crucial bossfight without prompt
both sacrifice themselves at some point to help you

neat