Well, this went nowhere

Well, this went nowhere.

Would like a SNES one though.

worst part about those games is that they had like 15 launch nes games then like 3 games after that from 86-94 cause everything for nes was 3rd party.

luckily mega man legacy collection has its own remix in it.

Still a major seller and damn fun too, I do agree a SNES or even GB/GBC one is needed

Nah man give me some
>Gradius
>Castlevania
>Contra
>Adventure Island
>Bionic Commando

But yeah that's a shame. They still got shit though for other consoles.

Worst part is they released a third game with old shit in it but also some new in it.

explain.

The worst part is how much better the games look in this than on Virtual Console. It should be false advertising to offer players to buy the full games after playing this with how different they look.

how so?

The games look bright, colorful, and sharp in NES Remix, but they look dark and blurry on VC.
It's like in this pic. NES Remix would be the left and Wii U VC is the right.

why's that?

No idea what the purpose of it is besides shitty emulation.
Seizure prevention would have made sense, but they're apparently fine with NES Remix and the NES Classic Edition looking bright.

And here's the same room in NES Remix 2.

Previous pic was from amiibo Tap which uses the VC versons of the games for demos.

>most of the challenges aren't even remixes
>most of the challenges come directly from the games
>you could literally play the rom and impose the same challenge on yourself
>all those intro challenges that basically make sure you know how to play the fucking game
Presentation was extremely poor. Content should have been 95% remixes instead of 5% remixes

>all those intro challenges that basically make sure you know how to play the fucking game
The Excitebike ones were pretty much nothing but that. What the fuck were they thinking?

I really hope the Switch Virtual Console:
>Isn't fucked like the Wii U VC is.
>Actually fucking offers cross-buy. Come the fuck on Nintendo, you've got your account system and Sony's been offering cross-buy for a decade. The framework is there so fucking do it.

Admittedly, I learned real quick I never knew how to play Excitebike for all these years.

But who can blame a kid when you have that or the option to make custom tracks with SICK JUMPS

Nintendo can do cross buy right now. They can give you a full price discount for a Wii U game if you buy the 3DS version. They just don't want to.

I know they can. I've got a few games on both consoles thanks to cross-buy and have been offered plenty of discounts on one console due to having the other consoles version purchased. That's why I'm pissed they don't offer it.
Between the lack of cross-buy (which Sony and Microsoft have been offering for a while) and the constant stream of disappointment that is their current loyalty program, they're doing a good job of turning people away from digital purchases on their consoles.

I got it for free on Club Nintendo and thought it was boring as fuck.

NES Classic Mini showed that they have a better emulator now

I bet if Nintendo did start doing it, they'd just start charging twice the price like they did with Tipping Stars.

>they'd just start charging twice the price like they did with Tipping Stars
I never actually thought about it like that.
Good thing I decided to skip it then.

>Actually fucking offers cross-buy.
They just plain don't want to. If you ask why you're forced to buy the same game twice, Miyamoto will just apologize that you're unhappy.

The Wii had better emulators than the Wii U. They somehow downgraded the N64 one to be darker yet the little Create Restore Point preview image is brighter than what you see while playing the game.

Made by the guys responsible for the first 2 Game Center CX games. Pretty neat huh?

>Sequel
>Physical release/compilation
>3DS port
I don't know. It did all right for what was a throwaway eShop release started because someone at Nintendo wanted an excuse for playing NES games at work.

Hmm never realized that. And the audacity of having to pay extra to carry your purchase over to it.

Yeah not positive on how they'll handle this with the Switch.

Hoping the Switch gets its own new NES Remix featuring the games that are on the NES Classic Edition. Yes I'm including third parties. I wouldn't expect all of them though, just the ones that both the NES and Famicom Classic Editions share.