Mafia 3 sold 4.5 million

>Take-two remarked that the title is selling very well, noting that it sold 4.5 million copies in its first week to set a new record for 2K Games.

Where were you when racists and alt-right got BTFO?

Turns out people do want games that actually celebrate black culture for once.

Other urls found in this thread:

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1306059
youtube.com/watch?v=idA9BEA4Hxs
youtube.com/watch?v=xNter0oEYxc
mafiagame.wikia.com/wiki/Perks_in_Mafia_III
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lincoln isn't technically black because he's 3/4 Mediterranean.

>Games needed to sell 8 fucking million to make a profit

hohoho, can't wait to watch watch dogs 2 eat shit then perhaps this black protag meme will finally cease.

I want the black protagonist meme to die so it can be replaced by the Indian protagonist meme.

8 million, only games that have built a fan base over many years can hope to come close to that

>people do want games that actually celebrate black culture for once.
That average costumer doesn't give jack shit about this.

>muh 8 million meme
Literally from a butthurt forum post. That's all the "proof" for the 8 gorillion claim.

You didn't add the part where they're including shipped copies in that number.

Marketing is all that matters
Or maybe they're lying. Weren't they at a fraction of that just last week?

>ignores the fact that Battlefield 1 could become the most sold Battlefield if it follows the current trend
>ignores the fact that Watch Dogs is the best selling new IP in history
>he unironically thinks anyone but Sup Forums cares about black protagonists
Sorry pham, your ideology has never been more irrelevant.

Why is PC man happy?

>then perhaps this black protag meme will finally cease.
Because one game underperformed due to technical issues?
Also, you seriously think there's any chance that Watch Dogs 2 will do anything but sell like hotcakes?

The original article was wrong, they edited it. They are talking about shipped copies, not sold.

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1306059

THAT SHIT LOOK GOOD

>Sup Forums keeps beating this already dead horse because it's the only time they've ever been right regarding something flopping

What happened to all that enthusiastic shitposting about BF1?
You've been awfully quiet lately, when the beta came out, it was 2 weeks of pure asshurt and claims of how hard it was going to flop, or that it was DOA.

CTR and Dumblr now shill on Sup Forums
Can mods ban these faggots?

>D-DELETE THIS, DON'T TELL ME THE TRUTH, DON'T TRIGGER ME

if i wanted to play as a black gangster i'd just play san andreas

why the fuck does this game even exist anyways? mafia 2 is so much better

Mafia 2 is a piece of shit that delivered a game not even 50% completed.
Absolutely useless open world, massive amounts of levels cut, literally no side content, every mission is repetitive shit about shooting people...

Mafia has died like it lived, by being a mediocre and forgettable GTA clone that failed at everything.

It's not surprising that it's selling when you consider that console players get one new game released each month

WHAT WENT RIGHT?

>Mafia 2 is a piece of shit that delivered a game not even 50% completed.
>Absolutely useless open world, massive amounts of levels cut, literally no side content, every mission is repetitive shit about shooting people...

And it's still 10 times better than the fetid turd that is Identity Politics 3.

Really makes you think...

WE

10 times zero is zero, not to mention that Mafia 2 is yet another fetid turd, but for very different reasons.
Mafia is dead for a really good reason, and literally no one will miss it.
Another worthless Triple A franchise bites the dust, only a thousand left.

I'm genuinely curious what the difference between shipped and sold copies are. TWP article OP is referencing also edited itself to correct it's mistake between
>4.5 million sold
and
>4.5 million sold and shipped

ACTUALLY NEVER WUZ A MAFIA

Are you saying that a game that has you stealing cars, selling drugs, and committing murder is a game that celebrates black culture?

Censor him because he's telling you facts you don't like?
Fuck off to Tumblr.

Who said that?

>if i wanted to play as a black gangster i'd just play san andreas

Good for you but people has replayed that game 100 times by now and every other GTA, yet they still keep buying any GTA clones out there, this is why this games sell, not because they have a black or white protagonist, no one cares about this but people looking to make a political or racial statement.

Just look at that libcuck still claiming victory with his "ur mad" shitposts though

By his logic, Battleborn is a massive success for setting shelf-warming records

>3 days after release

Sup Forums shit aside, is the game even good?

I liked Mafia 2 despite everyone saying it sucked.

Considering you liked Mafia 2, might as well buy both Mafia 3 and No Man's Sky, your standards are low enough to like them too.

They won anyway.
Mafia 3 was just one of many.

It's okay. if you liked mafia 2 you'll love 3 sense it's a finished game.

> games that actually celebrate black culture

>Mafia 1 comes out
>it's shit

>Mafia 2 comes out
>it's unfinished shit

>Mafia 3 comes out
>it's unfinished, buggy shit

Why are people so surprised that a franchise composed of shit delivered yet another shitty game?

>you seriously think there's any chance that Watch Dogs 2 will do anything but sell like hotcakes?

Yup. It's gonna bomb hard after the travesty that was watchdogs.

youtube.com/watch?v=idA9BEA4Hxs
youtube.com/watch?v=xNter0oEYxc

(You)

>Turns out people do want games that actually celebrate black culture for once
>4.5 million out of almost 8 billion

drop in the ocean f a m

shipped is from factory to store.
sold is..well actual sold copies.

if they said 4.5 million sold and shipped, that means its a mixture of the two. so they could have sold only 1 million and shipped the rest, etc.

most likely they just put 4.5 million as clickbait since its a big number.

I'm watching a lets play for the hell of it and It's the most repetitive thing I've ever seen. I'm shocked they were okay with putting something out like this.

>It's gonna bomb hard after the travesty that was watchdogs.
No it's not, it's going to sell like mad, there's no chance it won't.
Kids love it, and that's who this game is pandering to.

>Imagine you go to the store and there's a whole pallet stocked with 350 bags of peppermint beef jerky
>The supplier SHIPPED 350 bags of peppermint beef jerky
>The store, however, only managed to SELL 20 bags of peppermint beef jerky
>The other 330 bags are eventually moved to a discount rack because units SHIPPED and units SOLD are 2 wildly different things
>There are still people like you who don't grasp the significance of this disparity, though, so companies just herald their shipping numbers to take credit for every copy they had manufactured as though it were purchased by consumers
>This is done to avoid losing investor confidence in a pinch

>waaaaah why are they being honest instead of just hating the game because black people

>he fell for the 8 gorillion meme
People will believe anything. for all intents and purposes this game is a success. Deal with it.

>bugs
Irrelevant.
Battlefield sells like mad year after year even after BF3 and 4.
Skyrim, New Vegas, Fallout 3...
You need to do a very specific amount of things to kill a franchise.

Mainly giving it to Gearbox to develop.

It was very poorly received critically though.
62 metascore.
68 metascore for PS4, 67 on XBO.
3.2 user score.
5.2 user score on PS4, 4.6 on XBO.
48% positive on steam.

I decided to include console numbers to prove it wasn't about the quality of the port, no one actually liked the game.

If this game made a profit it was off the back of disappointed customers.

You guys do know that shipping copies means the publisher already has the money in their pockets right?
That's why they announce shipping copies as a thing, instead of sold ones.

Of course, if it sells bad, stores will ask for less copies in the future, but as of now, those 4.5 million are money 2K already has in their pocket.

>black culture
you posted a Mulatto btw

Looking at something like Mafia 3 makes you appreciate how much effort and variety are in the GTA games.

its funny. when those mafia 3 glitch webms started making its rounds, people were saying how much mafia 1 and 2 were masterpieces.

it takes a really shitty game to make other shit look less like shit.

>I decided to include console numbers to prove it wasn't about the quality of the port
It did a lot.
Mad Max has an ''Overwhelmingly Positive'' rate in Steam even though it has the exact same structure as Mafia 3, and it's just as repetitive.
BUT, it's well optimized.

>He fell for the "shipped = sold" meme

I don't.
GTA IV and V are still big snoozefests.

Compared to mafia 3?

But as I pointed out the difference between user scores on PC and PS4 is only 2.0
Mafia 3 isn't a master piece that was torn down for its PC port.
It's a mediocre at best glitchy game that happened to also have a bad port.

No, they are all shit, they are just shit for different reasons.
Mafia 3 only stands out in that it has glitches.

Oh look's like OP forgot to tell everyone that this is SHIPPED not sold.

Just a honest mistake i'm certain, and with the reviews and word of mouth i want to see how many of those SHIPPED copies leave the shelves.

When you have even White Guilt Centralâ„¢ agreeing that 2K is covering their asses with this spin you know you fucked up

>Mafia 3 isn't a master piece that was torn down for its PC port.
It's one of the big reasons, probably the biggest one.
Get rid of technical issues, and people would praise it, just like they praised the garbage that Mad Max was.

Max Mad is the opposite of Mafia III, it features a fairly barren open world in aesthetics and design but it contains enough events and activities for the player to do.

Mafia III is a fairly detailed open world with absolutely nothing to do in it. Which coincidentally was the exact same problem with Mafia II.

except as I pointed out for the 3rd time PS4 and XBO players didn't like it either.
And critics reviewing the game on console barely improved the score over critics reviewing the PC version.

> it features a fairly barren open world in aesthetics and design but it contains enough events and activities for the player to do.
You mean 4 zones in the map with the same 4 shitty side missions in each zone, where you work to help a boss, and in exchange he gives you abilities?
Reminds me of something.

>Get rid of technical issues, and people would praise it, just like they praised the garbage that Mad Max was.
This is true, PCucks praise garbage like Neptunia and DmC on a regular basis. NMS would've been well received on PC if it had a proper port.

Mafia III would have been good if it wasn't a boring, repetitive grindfest, with only only a few good unique missions.

Oh and not being a buggy, poorly optimized piece of shit would have helped too. Fucking 45fps on a 1070? lol

except this is sold and not shipped. Once you leave triggered by other races in video game central you can join the winning team.

>Oh
>lol
Greetings, fatass Redditor.

Not an argument.

Except you forget that shipped means that stores bought those copies.
Shipping gives publishers money, selling gives the stores money.
If a game sells well, they ship more, if it doesn't, they cut prices, and may buy less copies for the store next time.

Which makes me wonder if WB paid reviews, considering they did it with Shadow of Mordor.

>except this is sold and not shipped

No.

Sorry cuck.

Something about the gameplay of Mafia 3 really reminded me of The Godfather (2006)

Granted fighting convoys, upgrading friendly fortresses, and invasion quests are mechanics stripped out of Farcy 3, but it's still better than the NOTHING TO DO in Mafia III.

Not saying Mad Max was a game with a lot going on, just saying it has a lot more going on than Mafia III

so T2 still made some money back and patting themselves on the back?

>PCucks praise garbage like Neptunia and DmC on a regular basis
hmmm, really makes you think

what is wrong with you?

>but it's still better than the NOTHING TO DO in Mafia III.
You have the missions for the bosses of each territory, which are exactly the same reptitive crap as in Mad Max.

>It's still a success
>you still lose

Yes.
Shipped copies means 2K already has the money.
When stores sell games, the money stays in the stores.

Yeah but the upgrade mechanics for friendly fortifications aren't there are they.

Like I said, not saying Mad Max was a quality product. Just saying it's got more things going for it than Mafia III. Read nigger, read.

so that is how Blunderborn will most likely not kill off Gearbox.
fuck

>I have no idea how retail supply chain works: the post

so how does it work? How do magnets work?

Yes they do.
Each side-mission increases points for that boss, reach a certain amount of points, that boss gives you more abilities.

>Just saying it's got more things going for it than Mafia III
And i'm telling you it has the exact same stuff.
I really doubt you even knew about the territory and territory boss system, considering you are asking me if you can unlock abilities.

No cuck.

>stores buy copies from publisher
>publisher gets money

>stores sell copies to consumers
>stores get money

>game sells
>stores buy more copies

>game bombs
>store cuts prices
>won't ask for more copies

I don't even care anymore. Everybody collectively agreed that Watch Dogs was a massive fucking piece of shit.

They still just pretended everything's fine and made a sequel. They just stood out there at E3 and acted like Watch Dogs was the bees knees, everything they promised has been delivered, no regrets, no shame. Nothing.

Fuck it. I don't even care anymore. What can anyone do? This industry's dead. So have you day in the shade, AAA industry. Make shit games, then pretend you're doing rocket science and are totally succeeding at it, too. Fuck all of it. I got some alright indie games to play still on Steam, and occasionally second rate studios deliver an above average game. That's the best I got. I miss the old days of great games paired with great stories. Now, it's lucky if I get just one of those things in a game. The fuck can I do? Even this elitist faggot board won't agree with my opinions anymore, you faggots would even venerate Skyrim and B:Infinite at this point. So maybe I'm just a big fat fucking retard for wanting nice things. I don't know anything anymore.

>shipped copy

still trying aren't ya ?

Retailers don't just resell products without any further obligation from the suppliers.
This would be incredibly risky for just these types of reasons.
Large retailers like gamestop have contracts with these publishers about the volumes that need to be sold, if a game tanks it's on the publisher to take them back and cover the retailer's loses.

These contracts are also why Apple stuff is so expensive all the time.
Apple resellers are on contract to never discount their products by more than 15%.
It's not just everyone for themselves in modern retail.

I don't give a shit that Battlefield 1 was about black Americans. I'm mad it's about Americans at all.

>No Russia, France or Canada this game about a nation that was barely even in the fucking war

mafiagame.wikia.com/wiki/Perks_in_Mafia_III

>upgrade mechanics for friendly fortifications
What?
The thing you upgrade is the base of the boss.
Upgrading that gives you an ability.
You upgrade by grinding scrap.

In Mafia 3, you upgrade by doing side missions and giving more revenue to the underboss.

It's the exact same thing.

>he fell for the unsourced 8 gorillion meme
>c-c-cuck

LMAO: the posts

Because no one gives a single fuck about WWI, and DICE knows it.

If you don't like a glitchy repetitive mess you're racist.

Publishers also have to deal with returns of unsold copies (see: ET on Atari)