Letting Americans make another mega-man cartoon

>Letting Americans make another mega-man cartoon

How will my favorite video game get fucked up by the ben-10 and generator rex dudes? I'm sure they'll find a way

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DfXkDRpTnEU
youtube.com/watch?v=vgGYwXYt3J0
youtube.com/watch?v=tfoeasCeh44
youtube.com/watch?v=fWqK0kcTEA8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

To be honest, the first one wasn't nearly as bad as this one is going to be.

Why didn't they get the guy who did the comics to write this?

Don't worry, they didn't do a shred of research. If you think Lion Men was batshit crazy, we ain't seen nothing yet.

At least Ruby-Spears had the robot masters pretty spot on.

The answer is time and money. They don't care about source materials, they just bought a name and want to hurry to put it toward profit.

>Why didn't they get the guy who did the comics to write this?

You mean the archie comics? Wasn't that several people?

Honestly I figured capcom reached out to them, Mega Man is turning 30 in 2017, no way this won't be tied into that.

Don't worry, the ratings are gonna skyrocket to the moon.

>Mega Man is turning 30 in 2017, no way this won't be tied into that.
I'd say there's a way. Remember how they did nothing for his 25th?

Yeah but I can't buy it as just a coincidence that an american company happens to want to make a cartoon the year he turns thirty.

Remember that Ruby Spears originally made their original megaman cartoon pitch rather close to the original source material but they felt it wasn't clicking enough with boys so they made them adult sized robots

youtube.com/watch?v=DfXkDRpTnEU

Is this the reason the comic got cancelled?

It doesn't mean anything towards getting a game, if that's what you mean. Remember when Megaman was in Smash Bros? Remember all that free promotion and Capcom didn't do shit?

They should include the scene where he tried to straight up murder wily in mega man 7

But if the cartoon takes off it could work! They made a ton of the dumb net navi megaman games because the cartoon raked it in

The cartoon was a byproduct of a good game, not the other way around. So unless this cartoon happens to be a runaway hit for something like 3-5 years, I don't think Capcom is going to capitalize. And really, what are the odds of that anyways?

Existing evidence shows that Capcom is content to ignore free money.

It's not even going to be about Megaman classic. It's some robot who goes to school name "Aki" or something.

>The cartoon was a byproduct of a good game,
only one of the games came out before the cartoon I thought? And then they made like 50 more

It doesn't matter. The games came first. A game takes years of planning and no less than 2 to execute. If they want to make a game based on a cartoon, it better be some kind of cultural phenomenon or people will lose interest in the series before the first title even ships.

I mean, unless it's japan, since they churn promotional games.

>"The Good Doctor Thomas Light"
>The Good Doctor
Pottery

youtube.com/watch?v=vgGYwXYt3J0

just like man of action

What about Mighty Number 9?

Not quite, the animated pitch was done by the same team who already had done the lukewarm Wish upon a Star trilogy which really was just a series of edutainment to teach americans about japanese culture (which is hilarious considering how capcom will localize their franchises years on COUGH COUGH PHOENIX WRIGHT COUGH COUGH).

Do people really believe the animation of the series will been basically an anime to dub in english have the series followed the original artistic vision?

NO, at best it would look like the notorious redesigns that DIC did for most of their vidya based toons.

youtube.com/watch?v=tfoeasCeh44

ACT III FUCKING WHEN

if turbo lover isn't back i'll be sad

Better than nothing.

Ben 10 and Generator Rex were genuinely good shows

You better not be talking shit about Generator Rex.

This is Ben 10 now.

devilmaycry.jpg

Reminder that the last time we got an alternate universe spin on Mega Man it gave us two trilogies of mostly-good games, a good manga, and a good-enough anime running alongside the Megaman Zero series. Even if we don't like it, the new show being successful is in our best interests.

>Americans
oh you poor naive fool
you don't even know the truth it's much worse than that
their Canadian

>How will my favorite video game get fucked up by the ben-10 and generator rex dudes? I'm sure they'll find a way
he gets a sidekick

what's with all the garbage flash-tier cartoons now?

I blame Johnny Test.

what about that mega man cartoon in the 90s that shit was awesome, even though it was against most canon.

cheap and easy to produce alternatives = a lot of lazy people getting jobs in an otherwise laborous field = quantity over quality market

Canda has an insane bill or something where they 70% of the TV aired in canada has to be produced and funded by the government
so alot of really garbage looking shit like johnny test rode off free candada dollars for years on a shit tier budget

The design could look good if they cared.

But they don't.

>mfw seeing the original pitch for the Ruby-Speares cartoon that got canned because "Americans would hate it these designs"
youtube.com/watch?v=fWqK0kcTEA8

Best part is the really well done shows are more expensive and not as profit turning so they get cancelled on fuckhuge cliffhanger's that will never be resolved
:(

It'll never not hurt.

Is that shit supposed to be Bob the Builder?????
Who do I need to murder for fucking making this?

The new show isn't made by the headed by the japanese, unlike the other alternate universe spin. It's also going to compete against a Ben 10 reboot, Voltron, TTGO, Vixen, etc. and most of the current running shows are already of higher quality than nuMegaMan, it's setting itself up to fail immediately whether you like it or not.

This doesn't look bad at all.

>Mega Man
>Tron (not a video game but still)
>Metal Gear Solid
>Silent Hill
The only major franchise that I love that hasn't been completely fucked over is Kingdom Hearts.

Is that a new image or a fan edit? Cause I remember the first image of the new mega man we got had a way more fucked up face.

not like this one is top either.

Fan edit

Not getting a cartoon as far as I know

Are Tron fans the most cucked of all?

The first Ben 10 was ok, I honestly liked the second two series more and then the fourth one the best (except one or two plots and design choices)

Gen rex was good but felt waaaaay too rushed at parts, like they planned for more seasons and didn't get them

>Liked .exe

>he gets a sidekick
Doesn't he already have several? Roll sort of counts, rush definitely counts, auto...maybe counts?

On there way, tell them to pick up Megaman Volnutt

Plus a few more support bots and...I know most would balk at this since he's the 'cooler' character bu proto man kinda fills a sidekick role. He shows up to help with some action but gets out of the way of the player most of the time.

Does anyone else realize that Generator Rex was pretty much Body Horror the show?

Yes, but this sidekick is a tiny MegaMan that lives inside of his head and wisecracks and gives advice

>doesn't like .exe
>won't play good Mega Man games if they aren't sidescrollers

Are you making this up or is this actually true?

And wouldn't a tiny megaman inside megaman just be...his own thoughts? His conscious?

>Americans

Have you ever looked at what the Ruby Spears cartoon was and said to yourself "wait a minute"?

Wasn't the gamecube exe game a sidescroller? I remember getting my ass kicked over and over trying to get past some fucking lightning but it's been years

Better than making Megaman a generic high school kid's sidekick who lives in his digivice.

I do and it was a cool idea.
Only watched a few episodes though, so I had no idea what is going on.
>literally called "Mega-Mini"
Ids habberdashening

I wish I was joking

Maybe they got sick of everyone telling them to jack it over and over and OVER

But that already - oh

>a generic high school kid's sidekick
So, something that never happened?

So is that going to be like...a subroutine in his brain? Or he picked up someone elses program or what?

>You've got it set to M for MegaMini
>You got to set it to W for Wumbo

The W isn't for Wumbo you fool it's for Wily!
He finally tricked us all

>somewhat vaguely looks like the actual fucking megaman cartoon we're getting
>much more so looks like the megaman from the gameboy box arts and snes 7 (which even has a fucking M on the belt)
Fucking POTTERY

Lan was ok as a character but I'd be more interested in him being a robot in the classic megaman universe. The whole net thing kinda killed it for me.

I just want a mega man story where wily never goes evil and he stays as a cleaning robot/lab assistant. Let the poor kid sweep instead of fighting for everlasting peace.

user, I don't think Wumbo is a real word...

Just make a grafix mod for dustforce.

>He didn't study Wombology
Literally first grade knowledge

He kinda became a robot after the last game when he was gifted Iris's copybot.

That's something I'd like to see followed up on, actually. .exe is probably still alive in the Star Force era, either on the virus-free net or as Hub Hikari.

I wonder if a fall from this height is enough to kill me.

>Brightman
>show Elecman
Can't wait to see what the new show fucks up.

Remember when Megaman was literally Astro Boy?