Has a video game ever made you pick up other hobbies?

Has a video game ever made you pick up other hobbies?

MGS got me into guns.

GTA made me become a stupid American.

I once made salt ice cream and dyed it blue because of Kingdom Hearts, but I already liked salt ice cream.

Banjo Kazooie got me into jigsaw puzzles

Fallout 4 got me into a suicide counselling class.

Starcraft got me into Warhammer 40000

On the flip side, D&D got me into Dragon Warrior/Final Fantasy.

Mario got me into high jump.
Now I'm one of the best jumpers in the country

starlight stage got me into idol stuff
and sweat fetish

Dark souls got me into crossdressing

No mans sky got me into (Insert suicide joke here) kek

Can someone explain this image to me.

They've gotten me out of other hobbies, can't really say I've ever gotten into more because of vidya.

It breaks down the original cover of "click" to simplistic satire.

Bioshock Infinite got me into Jewish conspiracy theories

Overwatch made jerking off a hobby instead of a past time

honestly this

its like my fucking lifestyle now

>uses the image of literally the only MGS game that doesn't use real-world guns
In any case, interesting thread, OP. I like it.

I'd say that Deus Ex got me into science-fiction literature, particularly cyberpunk and the works of Robert Anton Wilson (the game was heavily influenced by the Illuminatus! Trilogy, and it shows). I'd also say that stealth games in general have made me more interested in being stealthier in real life.

Fallout 3/NV got me out of my hoarding problems

MGSV got me into heroin due to depression from how much that game sucked

Why does that picture use the gun models of GTA5 which are not even real guns?

MGS is what inspired me to become a genomics major.

Unfortunately it's hard to advance this field unless you know Chinese because Americans cuck their scientists to death with king obongo's "ethics."

Jokes on them though, I've been doping myself with telomerase cocktails.

Jet Set Radio got me into tagging AND rollerblading. I was one bad ass 13 yr old then.

>muh guns
why are americans so easy to spot on here?

I (first one you quoted) don't even care about guns, I just thought it was funny how the OP image used MGSV which is notably the one Metal Gear whose guns aren't real.

tell me where you live mr "no guns"

oh wait, you won't because you're a defenseless lil' pussy who will get killed by niggers while you cry and beg for mercy.

>made me more interested in being stealthier in real life
Interesting. What have you done to achieve this and how much stealthier have you become in real life?

GTA made me like gangster movies

Resident Evil did that for me as a kid.

Team Fortress 2 got me into actual map/content creation and modding, which in turn carried over to other Source shooters and TES/Fallout.

BS:I got me into investigating the cut-content of vidya, along with further distrusting E3 "gameplay".

not the same user but I learned how to run silently when I was a teenager

You have to "roll" your weight and use the outside of your shoes to dampen any sound.

I don't find much application for it these days but I love to break out the technique whenever I get the chance.

Mainly just not stomping about everywhere and actually focusing on how noisy I am and on line of sight. I haven't pulled off any Solid Snake stunts yet, but I would definitely say that I've become stealthier.
This, a lot of it depends on how you shift your weight.

Red Dead Redemption got me into John Wayne movies.

Not every country is overrun by niggers and streetgangs like you cucksa

D&D and my love for CRPGs got me into HEMA.
I regret nothing. I will die poor and my family will have to figure out how to sell ten thousand swords and armors just to pay for my funeral.
But that's not my problem, is it?
I might even name someone in the HEMA community my executor, or give the entirety of my swordy-fun-time collection to a local club.

Also, if the entire movie was changed, the plot would remain the same. Watch the movie and mentally replace the remote with a gun. It works.

Yeah!

There are those Muslims though...

Yeah I noticed after doing ulduar hard mode and hitting 2200 before college on wow. I noticed I can't be a virgin so I turned into a man my senior year then turned into Chad Thundercock for my freshman year in college. Now I lift 4-5 times a week and fuck pussy like crazy

Where?

Implying "muh guns" is a legitimate hobby. Try harder, Ameritard.

Asimov was a bitch

> that's a bad thing
Allahu akbar.

you must be very smelly with all those secretions oozing off of you

bloodborne got me to finally read a bunch of h.p. lovecraft

yeah i know i'm ashamed of it too

Why would you ever be ashamed of reading Lovecraft? He's one of the most important horror writers ever.

He was edgy before it was a thing.

are you saying you don't take a shower?

>implying I don't

girls never say hi to me anymore

Because he's more autistic than us. And I gave a jap $20 to fuck me over

yea, ok pizza

that's not what i meant, i'm really glad that i finally read lovecraft stuff because it's great but i'm embarrassed that it took a fucking video game for me to finally do it

It's debatable whether history is a hobby of mine or whether I was already into it prior to Empire Earth, or if it got me into it.

Street Fighter got me interested in real martial arts. Punch Out and RWBY got me to start boxing.

I want to learn karate and judo too, but I have no time/money right now, and there are only McDojos around me anyway.

Gran Turismo got me into cars and motorsports when I was a kid. GT5 sealed the deal.
Currently working as a junior engineer at a team in WEC.

Thanks Kazunori.

Tifa gave me armpit fetish

There's nothing wrong with a video game inspiring you to read. You liked Bloodborne, and you were told that Lovecraft is a primary piece of source material. DaS/DeS were inspired by Berserk, and that was good. It's obvious that the Souls community uses good inspiration sources for it's content.

So you read one of the best horror fiction writers because of a video game. Battlefield One is getting the mainstream audience interested in WWI.

reading is something we do naturally

It's weird when the scholar gets replaced with an enthusiast, Dexter's lab exists for a reason

Started iaido to be like Raiden. Picked up kendo later on, I really want to get into HEMA too but there aren't any clubs near where I live.

Dance dance revolution convinced me to dance.

And to actually interact with the opposite sex.

After you die, can I have your plasmids?

Sports games got me into sports in general and various games got me into musical genres eg. Hotline Miami and synthwave

I'm a nurse because I enjoyed support/healing roles so much in games I decided to do it in real life.

It is though, there's people that collect them, people that like to customize them, take them apart then put it back very quickly, some people design them, others go to the range, hell shooting is a recognized olympic sport and one of the very first gold medals for murica was in fact in a shooting competion.

Its a legitimate hobby like any other you triggered tumbltard.

>visit hometown in summer
>my shitty graffiti from high school years is still around

I wanted to git gud but laziness took over. I did utilize the Dreamcast's browser and download some of my art to use as tags in JSR though. That was a cool feature.

What kind of nurse are you?
I'm a psychiatric nurse, EU based. I always enjoyed healing and talking my way out of bad situations in RPG's/tabletops.

historical games got me into painting historical model kits and collecting militaria

in fact, my high school graduation gift was a 1890s pickelhaube

i once shat my pants in sheer excitement when i heard that konami got kid of kojima.

Arma and stalker got me more into guns.
W40k:SM got me into warhammer tabletop/D&D
Spaceengine and elite dangerous got me way further into astronomy and stargazing

Video games have been so shit the past few years that I've started getting into board games.

So I guess there's that.

>shit bait
You're the same person that calls being into cars not a hobby, aren't you?

I guess vidya got me into kendo and swordsmanship in general.

Been practicing for over 10 years now. Feels good.

Emergency room mostly.

>HIs pose

Jojo reference?

It's funny, it was Fallout 4 that got me into guns. Not the base game though, the mods.

Getting my ass almost shot and beat by gangsters got me into guns. And knives. And brass knuckles. And batons.

But the Player Characters go from dumbasses to smart sociopaths
That just means you've just started your story user

Ken sama? Didn't you die in that tsunami?

Ano bakayaro. Tsunami can't stop me and my blade.

I'm training in secrecy now in Fukuoka. Don't tell anyone, onegaishimasu.

Revengeance is making me want to learn Japanese-style swordfighting.

You should. After all, Raiden learned entirely out of movies himself.

Xenogears got me into psychology, later sociology, and now I secretly judge everyone and a full-fledged pseudo-intellectualist. Also, kung-fu.

I'm playing it at the moment, it's a fascinating game. And a bitch to actually pay for if you live in a region considered Europe. It's like they don't want my money.

Lack of decent, new video games got me into reading again

Eroge are the sole reason I got roped into learning Japanese, and after passing N1 I changed my major to Japanese language and culture studies.

Eroge got me into fapping on a regular basis.

>tfw someone saved your retardation

censorship got me into learning moonrunes

Umineko got me into mystery genre.

Guitar hero made me start playing guitar

This but rock band

Spot the braindead liberal

This product of intelligent design is more suited for modern usage than a fucking wolf. Therefore, it evolved in the right way.

Anyone else started writing after playing several good story-oriented games? Even if you just dabbled with shitty fanfic?

Hope it's not Audi :^)

Collecting figurines.

I started playing the guitar shortly before picking up Guitar Hero and it definatly helped improve my dexterity.
Which guitar is that? I forget the name
Also, the newer Deus Ex games got me into cyberpunk
And a fetish for augs.

>Ethics
Can you elaborate? I'm actually really interested in how ethics comes into the study of genes.

>Forbiddenlove.jpg

Hello?

Maximum cute.