I hate turn-based combat. Are there any games that will change my opinion?

I hate turn-based combat. Are there any games that will change my opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KJFStc-pVeI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why are you asking us?

but that is ATB which is 10x worse

Nu-FF was made for shitters like you

bravely default

Advance wars

Baten Kaitos, it's pretty quick and you can stack up a lot of attacks while the other guy is doing animations. It's pretty neat system.

Not on consoles, no. FFVII can be set to play without pauses btw.

Jagged Alliance 2

this. Especially when enemy starts sending units consisting of 20-30 soldiers. And when you think it is over they call for reinforcements.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

>Are there any games that will change my opinion?
Candy Box 2

Fucking lol.Op, try Front Mission.

Mother 3
Persona 4
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

If you don't enjoy Final Fantasy 7 then there's no hope for you. Stick with fps, kid.

Chrono Trigger

Although the story/characters/feel are absolute weeaboo trash, Final Fantasy X-2 had some of the best and funnest turn based battle system I ever played.

Grandia II

Soujinengi

ITT: faggots list the slowest and cliche'd jrpg trash games imaginable
are you guys even trying to help op

Mana Khemia if you don't mind a very demanding crafting system. The combats top notch.

Would recommend you try out the newer XCOM: Enemy Unkown games first. If you're enjoying them, try out ye olde UFO Defense or Terror from the Deep.

They were made back when developers assumed you'd have the manual available, so there's a little bit of a learning curve.

Says the numale hipster pretend turn based or atb based was ever good.

The mana khemia game are baller.
Especially like the second one, once you get later into the game and into the swing of things it hardly even feels turn based anymore.

Go team Misfits!

Thirding Nocturne. First turn based RPG that actually had engaging combat for me, and even when you're fighting easy 'use the attack command to win' enemies it's not as bad as others since the battles are fast.

shadow hearts: covenant

South Park

Neptunia. You can even skip animations making flights Sonic fast.

No, it's objectively shit.

God I cannot describe how much of a faggot your are right now.

you are or you're*. Great the faggotry is spreading.

Neptunia is the shit that rotted a little faster than all the other shits because it was truly the shittiester of the shit.

Charles Barkley shut up and jam gaiden: part 1 of the hoopz Barkley saga

THIS
Also give Grandia 3 a try.
youtube.com/watch?v=KJFStc-pVeI

Says the nu-male faggot that can't spell.

Probably not. SMT's Press Turn system is probably the best bet.

This is actually legitimately good. It has action commands in an actual rpg.

Divinity Original Sin

Best turn base combat.

Action RPGs never feel right.
the combat is tends to be mindless mashing while you run around.
they never reach the level of fun or complexity as even the most casual of action games like GoW or Darksiders. what is the point of playing an action RPG when action games took everything from RPGs(stats, gearing, questing, and leveling)? while also have a combat system that is not just spam attacks and heals til it is dead.
the bosses rarely just fuck your shit so you can eat hits.

Try a SRPG, I don't really like turn based RPGs, but I love SRPGs for some reason. The RPGs I do like have some kind of extra input required for better damage.

gud game

Nocturne is a terribly bad choice for introducing turn-based combat. SMT games in general actually, the franchise is unforgiving for new players.

Kingdom hearts on critical was more enjoyable and deep than gow or darksiders can ever be.

I already corrected myself. Plus my fat fingers covered in popcorn butter slipped on my keyboard; please forgive me faggot.

Valkyria Chronicles

Turn Based Strategy meets FPS

What a shit taste.

It'll make a man out of him.

Play a Ys game.

Super Mario RPG.

Seconding Strategy RPGs.
Try Disgaea, Advance Wars or Devil Survivor.

I was basing my recommendation on the assumption that OP has played turn based games before, but found them boring because they often come down to "use the attack command and heal occasionally", so a difficult series would be a good choice if that's the case. Maybe SMT IV would be a better starting point since that's what most people seem to start SMT with, but I haven't played it to say for sure.

For the love of Christ OP, if you hate shit based combat, DO NOT try Disgeya. My god, I tried it, couldn't get past the tutorial. I have never been so bored by anything in my entire life. Holy fuck what a tedious bore of a boring boredom.

I'm gonna say games that are hybrid action, Valkyria chronicles, Valkyrie Profile, Resonance of Fate (if you understand the combat)

>Mother 3

Wait, it is seriously good like that? I've avoided the whole series because it struck me as somethng that would play like any other generic JRPG.

ATB is not turn based, I hope this meme dies.

>couldn't get past the tutorial
So you didn't actually play it. Well then.

>Active Turn Based
>not turn based

You're clearly retarded.

Active Time Battle.

Try Digital Devil Saga. Most SMT games have the press turn system which gives you an extra turn for exploiting enemy weaknesses. If you still hate it, the genre just might not be for you. SMT's system is one of the more tolerable ones

It's not genuinely intriguing, but it is serviceable and entertaining enough to carry the game.

The fact that you can do a bit of extra damage for timing your button presses to the rhythm of the battle music is also kinda cool. Although there is some delay in the inputs if you emulate on a PC.

What tkind of stories do you like? Try some with stories that interest you. No one plays a turn based game, especially not a JRPG, for the gameplay

The Battle for Wesnoth
Golden Sun
XCOM

>Doesn't play past the tutorial
>Thinks the game is as boring as the tutorial
>gets defensive when called out for judging a game by the tutorial

What did I miss, here?

Nope.

Probably a lot, being retarded and all.

imo turn based is best mixed with strategy like FE, AW or Xcom

but i still like the RPGs too

You wanna give examples, or keep sputtering on?

Why, you wouldn't understand them anyway. You know. Since you're retarded.

So you have no actual points of order to raise, nothing to defend yourself except one inane retort with no backing of any substance, and nothing worthwhile to contribute. Lovely.
Oh, how far we've fallen if this is considered a quality discourse.

Oh, look at him use big words! Well done little fella'. Still retarded though. But good effort.

>muh big words
>nothing in the post is over three syllables.
Thanks for straightening things out.

Aww, you're welcome little buddy.

just fuck already faggots

>he things action rpgs are about the combat

Divinity: Original Sin. Fights are tactical rather than just mashing A to attack with every character on every turn.

SMT3-4
Persona 3-4
Bravely Default 1-2
any SMT game actually

Average Sup Forums Poster - Doesn't play games while claiming to know about games they've never touched.

my nigs, its rarely someone ever mention shadow hearts, if there's a turn based game i would recommend. it would be shadow hearts and possibly resonance of fate just for. the battle

front mission 3

the first 2 paper mario games

If you want turn based samurai westabo cosplay demon fusing, play SMT IV.

If you want turn based demon turn war, play DDS.

DDS is easier in that there is no fusion to worry about; just the moves you want each character to learn.

SMT IV is closer to Nocturne than DDS.

Both are pretty good, but I would say that DDS has better music and superior art style, but SMT IV has more gameplay variation.