>potion drinking level goes up

>Skills have a cooldown instead of a Stamina bar

>Implying you can constantly drink with taking a break

>B-But it's all natural, there's no way I can OD on them
T. Potion addict.

>Fail to drink potions properly
>Level increases

Of course.
What, you think a guy can chug a pint of whatever and keep fighting like nothing?

How will you have enough time to drink them otherwise?

>Drink alcohol poorly a few times
>soon enough you can drink a lot without getting sick

>WoW faggots complaining about Monster Hunter like OMG WHY IS THERE AN ANIMATION WHY CANT I DO ANYTHING WHILE IT PLAYS
>WoW let's you drink a potion while spinning and attacking through the air with no immediate consequence
>can't drink another one for a fucking hour

WoW players have the shittest taste.

>have an object that nulls potion colldown

>Game lets you chug potions but for every additional one your chance of vomiting increases and you lose the health you had restored.

>skills have a cooldown while having a stamina bar
>have to keep an eye on them on one of the worst UIs made, while keeping an eye on your surroundings, your health included, and the enemy's health, casting bar, your allies' own health pools, all status effects, buffs, and debuffs, and manage your summoned pets with atrociously bad AI that can get everyone killed if they bug out at any possible moment

But there's nothing wrong with this.

Either potions can be crafted/found/bought fairly easy and so a cooldown needs to be in place to stop the player from spamming them,

Or potions have to be rare as fuck/you can only carry between 5-10 to prevent you from spamming them.

That's the first progression, yes.
You're missing enduring a hammer up your ass while having a gallon of booze downed. Then you're hired for the generic WoW character position.

>game has an item that lets you automatically chug potions upon taking damage

You also gain a tolerance, meaning you have to drink more, which means you have less money, which makes you more depressed, which makes you drink more often. Leveling up generally implies benefits.

Remember kids, Budweiser is your friend

>action button is also the main menu button
>options button is the map button
>cancel button can't be used to select through dialogue bubbles

>Terraria
>initially could drink potions all willy nilly
>they add a 1min cooldown
>okay whatever
>few updates later
>weapons and gear that outheal any damage you take
what was the point?

Just let me drink another potion more. I can stop when I want. Trust me.

Speaking of
>potion stacks in a dozen, better potion stacks in a dozen, best potion stacks in half a dozen
Why can't I just stuff my bag with best potions? I can clearly stuff 20+ bottles of the least potent shit already, so I know the bag has room in there.
Yes I know "gameplay balance" is slung around, but it's still stupid when thought is applied to these inventory designs.

Anything else is for casuals

>potions are fucking useless entirely even on the hardest difficulty
>only point in using them is if you're a roleplaying faglord

>Implying you can't OD on Potions and your character is just smarter than that
>Implying your Body doesn't build Antibodies for the Potion after it wears of and needs time to calm down again
>Implying Potions don't contain toxicity and would poison you if you consume them too fast.

You don't know shit, OP.

decoctions are god mode. if anything they amke the game too easy

>things like nightvision, +25% stam regen or dealing retaliation damage when hit is 'useless'

Yeah you can beat the game without them, but you can beat it without armor too if you're using that line of thought, faggot.

>potion is a heal over time AND has a cooldown

What if i want to OD on potions? Why am i denied the pain of being poisoned?

I dont mind the drinking animation, its the fucking autistic "hey, I'm literally seconds away from being eaten alive, let me stop and flex like a retard for 10 seconds."

The same reason your character isn't allowed to slice their wrists.

Because that'd be retarded.

witcher does potions the great, feels like they have a heft and importance to them, especially in the first one

that's how it should be, you drink them beforehand in prep, can't spam em and takes time to drink em up

insta-consumables are the worst, fucking tes and nu-fallout by comparison fucking suck in that department

think you nerds should try second life instead
might be up your alley more where you can play apothecary and flutter around like some kind of potion drinking fairy

How will you digest it otherwise?

Oh I get it, you're retarded.

Or just pretending to be retarded.

So, retarded.

>potions dont have a cooldown
>pvp becomes a battle of who has more potions in his inventory

I'd like there to be the option to choose what animation you'd do for using items in MH. You could do the retard flex, or you could just spend that extra second drinking your potion if you're boring.

Go all out.
>% healing
>looted only, no purchase
>shit inventory weight/stacking/grid stacking
>character auto regens/HP absorbs through combat anyway.

>Game has potions that will literally not let you die until you run out of them, even if you went from 100% to 0% in one hit the potion would kick in and heal you
>You get about 10 to 15 uses uses and they can be recharged at any time besides during big bosses
>Can also have benefits to potions such as a chance to regain a potion upon use or temporary invincibility

youtube.com/watch?v=sRTUReLBWHA

>titties
proof?

TASTE THIS POTION! IT'S FUCKING RAW.

>those jumps
sick

>in a game where potion chugging is one of the main focus point

Potions shouldn't be used as a crutch; chugging drink after drink in a battle should not be considered a skill. Recovering damage you could have otherwise avoided.

Best used as a HoT to decrease downtime, or a buff.

I think Dark Souls makes it work perfectly. Drinking a potion is a risk since you can't move during the animation but if you can pull it off it's of great help.

>you must bring your own bottle for the potion

ITS FOOKING RAW!

>you can only partially fill your potion bottles until you get more crafting skill

You should never be forced to use potions. Potions should be a crutch. If t he game is designed around you chugging them its a shitty game you should not play.

Just a fat nerd calm down nigga

>play ragnarok online
>potions have no cooldown and people spam them in pvp/gvg to no end, good alchemists get their dicks sucked and it makes a ton of money

>play wow
>potions are pretty much useless due to being limited to once (twice) per fight, cost a fortune to craft but sell for nothing
Why can't there be a middle ground?

>Only able to quaff 3 potions at a time at the start of the game.
>After you get your alchemy skill high enough you can quaff up to 5 at a time.

pre nerf endless mana potion in litchking was so sweet

>healing items recover health INSTANTLY
>healing items have no cooldown
>that same healing item repairs damaged limbs
>sleeping in a bed instantly recovers all damaged limbs

Potions always had a cooldown in WoW.

Unless you're implying this ruined WoW from the very start?

How stupid would it be to have zero cooldown on health pots. Everyone would be herb/alch and just chug pots constantly.

Fucking Division.

Shut your goddam whore mouth
>PvP
>Literally impossible to kill a rich bastard

>The guild that can afford the most white pots always wins the fucking WoEs

Did someone say potions?

I can't fucking stand putting arbitrary rulesets onto already stupid shit and expecting people to just go along with it.

So your World has potions that can instantly heal all ills in an instant but somehow no one has figured out how to drink more than one every 10 minutes? Get the fuck out.

Like fucking Arma and Battlefield going to lengths to get all the bullet drop and wind effected shots but stand next to this box with a cross on it for awhile and itll fix those bullet wounds fine.

Sauce?

>fighting terraria final boss: discount cthulhu
>100 health, the heart is almost dead
>take a potion
>40 second cooldown
> die
>start all over with the lunatic in the dungeon
ffs lad

>potions doesn't have cooldown
>heal 350 out of 16k hp

>it';s turnbased

>vidya forced doctor prescription's dosage.

>you use only one weapon-tool for everything
>it has a cooldown

>drink a potion
>it works instantly
>metabolism? what's that?

I wanna say this is XIV but the pets arent that bad yet

>the act of opening a bottle and chugging down a whole health potion is apparently so fast you can easily do it between two sword swings

I'm assuming he meant the fact that they're only usable in combat once now and you still have to wait for them to come off CD after combat before you can use them again.

>pull out cork with teeth
>chug the potion that's probably less than 500mL
Not hard, man.

Tolerance to booze doesn't exist you dumb fuck. You're just used to the effects and can far more easily compensate.
It's not like many drugs you fucking child

>Pulling corks with your teeth
Hope you enjoy going to the dentist every time you feel a little thirsty

>being poor in a videogame

there's literally no excuse

It would take a second to stab your ass.

Sounds like a case of you getting better at alchemy enough so that there aren't as many adverse side effects in your potions that you can tolerate more

>potion only obtainable as level up bonus
>reached level cap

>can only wear 1 or 2 rings at a time

pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/aa28.htm

Tolerance that results from a more rapid elimination of alcohol from the body is called metabolic tolerance (2). It is associated with a specific group of liver enzymes that metabolize alcohol and that are activated after chronic drinking (21,22). Enzyme activation increases alcohol degradation and reduces the time during which alcohol is active in the body (2), thereby reducing the duration of alcohol's intoxicating effects.

I fucking love this mechanic. Counting the seconds before you could heal again in Terraria got fucking intense.

Otherwise the only restriction is the goddamned honor system, because there's usually no consequence to buying dozens of the little pisswaters and chugging them for immortality. I hate having a consequence free broken shit easily available in games, it makes winning the right way less satisfying

>potions don't have a cooldown
>the meta revolves around potions constantly every second

fucking path of exile

fucking ragnarok online

>ffxiv
So you're telling me I can swing swords, axes, cast spells in a matter of SECONDS but it takes a minute to find another one of the 89 potions I have on me?
Wtf

Thats a cute potion(female)

>You don't use potions
>Instead you bring an inventory full of cooked sharks and sea turtles
>You can't die until they're all gone
>You can shove a whole shark in your mouth inbetween shooting arrows or swinging swords

Even worse in Diablo 2, where potions aren't limited by kills but by inventory capacity.

You're going to play a pathfinder and you'll like it.

Who was in the wrong here?

>infinite potion with a cooldown
>infinite teleport scrolls
>massive inventory space
>no runes, stat or skill builds
i would probably eat that pizza because i'm a fat shit but there is no planet in this galaxy where you could call that shit a "thin crust pizza"

>tfw always broke as a Biochemist
At least it was fun.

as opposed to
>potions and other healing items don't have any cooldown
>every single thing in the game can be brute forced just as long as you have enough potions to continuously chug down
bethesdafags please go and stay go

>Use healing item
>Health doesn't immediately increase by healing value
>Increases slowly over time
>Enemy damage is applied to what your health is at the moment of damage

HOW LONG ON THE POTION

Show me Pi (3.14159265359...) games that do this.

But European Pi (read as "pee") or American "Pie"?

skyrim i think does it

Only one I know of is Fallout 4. I'm other games do but this is the one I was referring to.

ASSFAGGOTS

Diablo 2

>use a healing item
>it puts all the consumables on cooldown as well