Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!vgVnwb5a!9TtxEaAJo8EdOi-9JhQY_L_ziQeV3LEoam0Vz2c7VcE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because it's a cute

How the fuck do you take off hats?

mega.nz/#!vgVnwb5a!9TtxEaAJo8EdOi-9JhQY_L_ziQeV3LEoam0Vz2c7VcE
Taken from a previous thread
Download at your own risk

oh look, another indieshit flavor of the month.

Because dunkey said so.

Oh here we go.

It's massively overrated because le e-celeb with the funny voice fawned over it

Fuck you and fuck him

Yes, just like LISA, Undertale, OFF, YN, nobody still talks about those, rite?

Fuck off.

you guys should kiss

nobody talks about those games anymore, no.
funny, I was thinking of those precise games when I posted.

>PC exclusive "IT'S NOT A MOVIE"
>WOW...SO...POWER...etc

Yeah, I haven't heard about any of those for a while desu

OST is really bland, doesn't have any hard hitting melodies like the Undertale OST does. Game is good though.

not bad, but you forgot to mention tumblr, or call it a meme game.

>if i keep saying it, it will become true
stay mad fags.

Why does this have the same noses from windwaker?

It's not

Why did they ruin a perfectly good art style with tumblr noses?

Is it fun, fast-paced and challenging or is it just another of those "comfy" meme games

I think they were trying to go for a wind waker art style, which makes sense considering the game was 9 years in development, so WW was probably still somewhat fresh.

Feels like 16bit windwaker, from what I've played so far

I meant it, I really haven't

>tfw there's also a LISA thread up
can one get more btfo?

Wind Waker didn't just lazily slap red blocks onto people's faces.

How the fuck do I get the golden disk in the temple?

Embarrassingly, I forgot the important part of my statement which was meant to be "every character's face".

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

it may be his only game but its the most memorable noise i can think of

I mean the 2/3rd of the characters don't have red noses in owlboy either.

Like who? Every single one I've seen does.

The second and third companions you get, your owl mentor ect.

>those noses

slow down user, I can't catch up with these goalposts.

>only thread he could find is one talking about how people hate it
oh I am laffin

Well, that's actually good to hear. If they'd shown them off in promo art instead of all the red-nosed characters I might have had a different impression.

The game is actually really good, I just beat it and it was a lot of fun.

I really like this game but i wish there was just a lock on when i play with a controller, because claw gripping to hit dodge while i point the right stick vaguely in the direction of an enemy
also having to carry friends to attack is cute, but constantly annoying because dropping them doesnt make them go away, so i keep dropping them near a thing i want to pick up, realizing my mistake when i pick them back up, throwing them, then getting my shit. i think this could be a little more elegant.

what the fuck is with all this sudden shilling?

I guess it's this

>I really like this game but i wish there was just a lock on when i play with a controller, because claw gripping to hit dodge while i point the right stick vaguely in the direction of an enemy
Can't you rebind the controls?

Dude having your buddies nearby is a complete non issue after like forty minutes of play time, if you need something, just hurl them a million miles away.

Take damage

at least it's not besieged

>All these people bashing the tumblr noses without realizing this game is incredible looking.

>there is an undertale thread up every day
>there is currently also a LISA thread up
wew, told this guy off user.

The game having fantastic sprite art does nothing to prevent the tumblr noses from being a blemish on it.

pretending you're offended by is the easiest way to bait people, user.

Dropped.

>people complaining about the letterboxin

Where? Not in this thread.

there have been more than one thread and there has always been that one guy who complained about it

>flavor of the month
nah , it doesn't even have that much staying power

Its a good game, but for the length it is absolutely not worth its current price. Don't care how long it took to make.

Kinda disappointed how linear it is. I'm in the giant space pirate ship after the infiltration part, and since I entered the Owl Temple there was zero opportunity to explore.

There were a bunch of closed paths at the beginning, I hope it'll get better at some point.

bu-but it's a labor of love , the developers poured his sweat, tears and semen into this game.

It also has ringing endorsements by none other than Jim Sterling of the Jimquisition ,Destructoid , the IGF , PAX and GDC

Yeah I just beat it in 5 hours according to steam. I love to support the devs and all but $22 is a little high price for what this game offered. Was expecting maybe like a 12 hour campaign or SOMETHING

So what is this game? A platformer? Puzzle platformer? Metroidvania?

All I ever see is people gushing about the sprite art and nothing about the gameplay.

Honestly, it's a rare breed of game we don't see anymore. It feels like something made with passion, and heart. And I can appreciate that.

Metroidvanian/platformer mostly.

Passion alone doesn't make a good game.

>ywn get hate fucked by Jasper.

It's a Zelda game where you can fly. Kind of.
Your own attacks don't do any damage, so you carry around your non-flying buddies so they can take care of the baddies for you with their guns.

Now this does lead one to ask, "why doesn't owl fella just take his friend's pistol and save everyone time" and the answer is who the fuck knows.

This is true.

But the gaming industry is suffering from such a dire drought in the passion-department that sparks of actual emotion found in games like this are almost worth your dime on principle.

Doesn't hurt that I also really enjoy the gameplay.

>Doesn't hurt that I also really enjoy the gameplay.
Well what's good about it?

For a game that's been in development so long, you'd think they'd go for a different art style than retro indie pixelshit

I just beat it. The only song that hit me was whatever plays in the last bit when your buddies fall into the abyss and then rise because gravity is fucked up.

As a musicfag, I'm really sad. Besides, I found some bits of jungle/pirateship a bit annoying. I can't even remember my favorite part besides the charming beginning. The game just... happened.

I like the platforming and the feeling of flying. I know it's a very base need, but playing a character with wind beneath their wings is satisfying to me.

I also enjoy picking up my more potent buddies and feeling like we make a good team!

Not going to lie, the visuals are nice, but I think I'd enjoy the game even if it didn't look nice.

>Destructoid: 10/10
>The Jimquisition: 9.0/10.0
>GamingTrend: 90/100
>Metro GameCentral: 9/10
>Kill Screen: 84/100
>Vandal Online: 8/10
>IGN Sweden: 9/10
>Gamer.no: 9/10
>CGMagazine: 9.5/10.0
>Polygon: 8.0/10.0
>Eurogamer: Recommended
>Rock, Paper, Shotgun: Recommended

What's the matter, don't you trust (((((video game journalism))))?

you are right
no one talks about lisa, off or that other random game you mentioned

I almost feel like the game tries too hard to look good.

Quite frankly seeing that list just makes me wary that it's actually a terribly mediocre game.

Why are their noses red.

so you'd have something to complain about

How long is it?

Undertale is brought up all the time, even if it is just for baiting. I've also seen LISA mentioned a few times, fuck the last thread I had opened had a goddamn LISA track posted in it.

Tumblr garbage.

You can tell that the guys who made it really went super-autism with their pixel art.

Still, it's not often we get pixel art as good as this so I'll let it go.

Thats a very awful reason.

The answer is Otus is incompetent and literally nothing you did mattered anyway

The next undertale

avian influenza

well you're a very awful person

For having an opinion?
Im not the one putting shit things on games only so other people have something to complain about.

nice social network dev

10 hours for your hard earned $25 ($22.5 on 10% currently)
Enjoy.

Is that just gonna keep happening?
I'm only up to the bit after the pirate captain fella destroys the capital city but it seems like the end of every single dungeon or level or whatever is basically, "you either didn't or couldn't complete your goal and it didn't matter anyway."
Really fuckin' hard to wanna keep going when that keeps happening over and over and over.

for not understanding a joke

I beat it in 7 hours, and that was including backtracking/exploring for trinkets.

>no demo

How do I beat the fucking cannon minigame?

>no demo
retard

>tumblr noses

>caring about game length
Even if you're a fucking NEET this shit is inexcusable
If you don't exclusively play Japanese pixelshit you're going to have too many games to play as is, without giving a shit about god damn hour counts
I WANT shorter games

it was casual at best but the thing that really made me go full retard was the cannon mini game.

>wiki how memes

>you'll never beat it user
>ever
>never
>ever

you got beaten by the cock

demo came out 5 years ago

>manage to get through the waterfall turn
>more turns appear
Who programmed this shit? Who said this was fun? Who thought this was a good idea?

>that last bit of dialogue from solus______
got me good to be honest

you're a real jobber kid