Is this game worth buying a racing wheel for?

Is this game worth buying a racing wheel for?
I feel like it is considering how comfy it is but I'm still on the fence, also recommend me some "alright" racing wheels simulatorfags. Oh and My Summer Car thread also I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LBe4s29Ma1k
steamcommunity.com/app/516750/discussions/1/312265589446527065/
youtube.com/watch?v=_fgP8zu9K40
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, it's never worth buying an expensive accesory for only one game.

eh, I also play GTA V like a whole bunch so thats why I even considered it, I'm not all in on MSC but I always go back to GTA

What do those runes say user?

でいじゃ-ゔ
here are the characters in plain text, use google translate for full effect

this better be bait

some people like different things than you my dude, sorry I guess. GTA V is one of the most relaxing games to just drive around in desu.

i think he meant more along the lines of
"why the fuck would you use a wheel in GTA V when it has nothing near anything resembling actual car physics or satisfying turning, that'd be like using a flightstick to play pilotwings"

Don't get a wheel just for that. If you're going to consider getting a wheel make sure you're actually committed.
Have a look at some real racing games like Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally and iRacing.
Then, think about if you're passionate enough about virtual racing to invest hundreds of hours shaving seconds off your times, improving your skills and racing online.

If you're not going to use a wheel to its fullest, it's just going to be a huge waste of money.

MSC is a novelty game, not something to actually buy an expensive peripheral for.

PROTIP
If the mechanic is closed you can still lean through the wall and get his services

I'm not planning On dropping hundreds on a wheel for one game, I kinda just wanna buy a shitty 20-50 dollar wheel to play simulator games with :L

That's like buying a fighting stick for a random fighting game you happened to enjoy few hours in. Play 70 more hours and then reconsider.

Then you'd be wasting your money regardless.
If you're going to get a wheel at all, go for the $200 range and up. Buying a cheap ass wheel will just fill you with regret.
You'd be better off just getting a PS3 or 360 pad.

[place] Tofu Store
It's from initial D

if the shitty wheels are really that shitty I guess I understand what you mean

Gta doesn't support wheels tho, you have to set it up as a controller it's always borked as fuck.

Only buy it if you're planning to play ETS 2 or ATS alongside MSC

I already have ETS, and I was thinking of getting ATS, the main thing that turns me off is having to shift gears and doing all this weird shit with a KB+M.

Getting a second hand one online doesn't seem like a bad idea. I want the clutch and gear to get fully immersed

Just updated 20 minutes ago on steam forums, features that are currently being worked on:

- Getting lift from the green car driving around the dirt roads
- Cottage with wooden sauna located at the small island
- Ability to watch TV to increase fatigue

Play a proper racing game freaks.
youtu.be/LBe4s29Ma1k

Wait until ATS updates it's map scale, it's pretty small right now. They are working on fixing that tho, then it will be great.

Yeah driving on KBM is really bad. I bought a used G27 for ETS and am using it with this game and it's a totally different thing.

That's sexy. But he needs to make the TV moddable with ogm files like radio is with ogg.

Ok I got the car past inspection, but it feels a little underpowered. I can barely get it over 100. Would it be the valves? I have the carb tuned to ~13.8-14.2

>buying a wheel
>not buying a hotas for the COMFIEST space truck simulations in E:D
breh.

That would be your stock parts, time to hit that magazine and order everything.

It says Déjà Vu but extremely badly written IN FUCKING HIRAGANA

Use Katakana retard

デイジァーヴー
Was that so hard?

hey man I don't speak niponglish but thanks a lot friendo

Does anyone have that image showing how to fix the whiny engine noise?

Is the big screw on the oil pan the oil drain plug?

>Cottage with wooden sauna located at the small island
cozy af

I'm looking at dev's post history and no, he didn't post that anywhere, so don't fall for the bait.

Step aside peasants, actual wheel owner here

>Is this game worth buying a racing wheel for?
This game alone? no. The entire catalog of racing games that opens to you? yes.

>recommend me some "alright" racing wheels simulatorfags.
Owner of a Thrustmaster TX Leather, shit's fucking cash with dat leather feeling. whole pack of wheel+pedals+H-shifter was something like 550€ which will not be in your price range.
Consider the recently release TMX, dubbed poorfag's first force feedback wheel, some 150 dollary'os but excelent value

On this particular game: Force Feedback is fucked, not working, I just use the wheels's autocentering spring. Comfy factor however is x10 and being able to drive + do stuff around your shitsucker cabin with the mouse while keeping an eye on the road feels like how this game should be played.
Most importantly, it makes the numerous trips to the store and back much easier and comfier, as WASD steering will leave you in the ditch 9/10 times

Cheap wheels come without FFB. Which means you can't feel the road at all, which means it's basically just a joystick you can move slightly more from one side to the other.

The king right now, at entry level, is still the DFGT. You can pick one of these up for 50 bucks. The pedals are ass, and you don't get a shifter, but you get a lot of face buttons.

Then there are all the other logitech wheels. None of these are worth buying anymore, unless you REALLY want a shifter. Bear in mind that using a shifter and clutch is actually slower than just flappy paddling your way to victory, so it's entirely for the sake of a bit of fun. I personally picked up an old G25 shifter for 30 bucks second hand, if you can do that and build yourself a clutch it's a great option, interfacing it over USB costs about 5 bucks in parts and a bit of soldering.

If you're willing to spend more, get a T300. Nice smooth FFB, and the pedals aren't AWFUL, but they're still pretty eh unless you do some mod work.

I simply bought a used G25 for 50yuros, I think it's bretty gud.

FFB works on Logitech wheels only, but it feels like total ass no matter what settings I use anyway. It's far too minimalist, you only vaguely feel the odd bump in the road and get no feeling of grip.

I wound up pulling my old wheel off a shelf for this, and wound up getting into Dirt Rally, which is great.

Oh, sure, if you can find a G25/7/9 for 50 euros, that's a fantastic deal, you couldn't even buy the pedals stand alone here for that. With the G29 being a clone with less features, demand for the old G series is higher than ever.

Are you retarded, or are you just retarded? Let me guess, you're retarded.

steamcommunity.com/app/516750/discussions/1/312265589446527065/

quads cant lie

holy shit checked

Please tell me that racing muffler isn't as flimsy as the stock muffler

Wait this fucking game works with wheel controls?

Not even rockstar or 343 can do that!

Poorly. It'd be nice to have some proper support but maybe someone will eventually mod it in.

Not only does it work, it's meant for wheel controls with clutch and h-shifter.

Goddamn. Never put anything in your shitbox. Not in the fucking trunk, not in anything. Everything just breaking and starts falling off, holy fuck.

I have a tool box, car jack, and the triangle in the trunk.

It's fine, just never ever open the bootlid, lean through the rear seat to retrieve things.

>he doesn't screw them in

When i turn on FFB in My Summer Car my wheels just goes insane and spins all over the place whats the deal?

>taking anything but peer with you

For the record the correct Japanese spelling is simply: デジァヴ.
While the translation of it is 既視感, lit: Already Viewed Feeling.

Thanks Initial D.

>ァ
ゃ。

Fuck I hate kanji.
They are so beautiful but so hard to memorize.

radicals

>ゃ。
FUCK

We're both wrong.
It's ャ not ゃ, nor is it ァ
デジャヴ

I fucking hate this mobile keyboard shit.

The first two are fairly common ones you'll learn to ignore them and the meaning just registers.
The last one gave me some pause though... feeling.

WRONG

DIRT RALLY IS WORTH IT

Fiddle around with the alternator a bit, your fan belt ist probably loose

Thanks for the info J-friendo

I've been learning moon so every tidbit helps

Get a load of this faggot who can't even read moon phonetically.

>The last one gave me some pause though... feeling.
I don't know why, it's even more common than the other two. Are you thinking in the English sense of "muh feelings" instead of the actual sense?

No but because it's small as shit and barely readable. I had to squint to see it if it is actually what I think it is;

And there is no fucking way it's more common than 視, that or maybe the 見 makes it instantly recognizable to me. No idea.

>でいじゃ-ゔ
>Deija - Vu

You'll get better at being able to read small kanji over time. 視 really isn't that common, although I suppose it depends on what you're reading. For me it's more of a medical term, which I guess 感 can also fall into, but then you've got very common terms like 感覚.

Why wont my car move anywhere, motor works alright and fluids are full

takes literally an afternoon to read that shit, kill yourself

Should be written in Katakana, baka gaijin.

Actually I want to get a wheel for that, found a t60 for 30 bucks, does it work with PC? Guessing it doesn't have FFB for that price.

you can get any wheel working on pc if you got an arduino

I sort of want a HOTAS just for the novelty but I don't even know what games are worth playing with it.

I wish VR wasn't a meme right now because I would totally turn my spare room's closet into a cockpit for racing/flying games.

>See up close a capital jumping in
>youtube.com/watch?v=_fgP8zu9K40
>strain my neck to see the entire ENORMOUS thing in view
>pump the throttle on my HOTAS to max
>"Full power to weapons, deploy hardpoints"
>ship complies

Elite: Dangerous + HOTAS + Vive + VoiceAttack is like living in the future we've always been promised.

It's not worth 30 bucks.

Honestly, it's not worth buying a wheel without FFB.

It's absolute HORSESHIT that the cheapest stand-alone throttle is over a hundred bucks. It's literally just a pot and some buttons, why the fuck won't thrustmaster put out a 50 dollar one made of plastic?

I've already got the best joystick ever made, the sidewinder FFB2. Honestly, piloting things without FFB is as dumb as driving without FFB, but thanks to patent hell nobody can produce a decent flight stick anymore.

I only really play E:D nowadays. I used to play War Thunder too but I'm tired of all the bullshit and SC isn't really at a playable state yet

I only have a HOTAS and GAVPI (which supposedly isn't as good as Voice Attack), and I play in a dark room with headphones, I still get immersed as fuck.

If you don't have a Vive, then get an IR tracker that's what I had before taking the plunge and in a dark room It really amplifies the immersion and with a big enough screen you'd think you have an HMD tracking your movement, pretty awesome.

The only reason I'd say 800 USD worth of VR is still WORTH it compared to the Tracker is that Elite does a poor job of conveying scale.
VR finally allows you to GET how big everything in space is, since two view points mean you actually have depth perception and the game becomes very different. it's fucking unreal.

Oh and nice trip, but can you please not?

Only reason I don't have a Vive yet is because it costs $1600 here in the jungle.

Also thanks

games that you will end up getting that will make it worth it.

>ETS2/ATS
>Farming Simulator 17
>OMSI
>Test Drive Unlimited
>GRID games
>DiRT games
>Robert Burns Rally
>older NFS games especially Underground 2 and Carbon.

even if you don't use the wheel for games sometimes it's nice to have 3 extra analog foot controls.

also, g25/27 is 100% worth it over a toy wheel.

Well an Oculus works too if it's better priced and you have no moral qualms getting Zuckered into buying it, but the Vive is cool for other shit besides Elite.

For me the price was worth it so that I can see the actual scale of all my ships, I got them all.

>tfw that first time when you turn around in the Federal Corvette
>tfw slumping back in your chair in the Imperial Cutter.

Nothing matches it.
No prob

Piston falls out when driving at hihg speed, what do?

Well sheeeeit.