Invent the most annoying status effect you can think of and give it a suiting name

Invent the most annoying status effect you can think of and give it a suiting name

Gamefuckler

In a savepoint-only RPG it throws you back to the title screen no matter where you are or what you're doing. When you get it it picks a random number between 1-30 and procs when that number of minutes has passed. when you reload it retroactively gives you the gamefuckler status effect and then picks a new number

There's one place in the game to heal it, but you basically have to make a path of savepoints to get there

Switches your gender, reducing your INT, CHA, STR and LUCK.
>Cosmo's Influence

Cinematic effect
All summon and attack animations can't be skipped or fast-forwarded.

>create a girl character
>get the effect
>become girl (male) with boosted stats

not the image I meant to post

Spasmic inventory.

Randomly empties your inventory to the ground.

That one status effect from Earthbound that causes confusion and randomly changes the direction inputs on the world map and the only way to remove it is to go to a hospital.

Amnesia

Deletes your save game and resets all your XP

It's basically what all game protagonists get afflicted with at the start of every sequel.

But, user... Frenzy already exists.

Nostalgia

Your screen is tinted towards the red, enemies have PS1 models with the same textures, it doesn't go away after battle, and it limits you to tank controls. Additionally, you can't save through your menu and autosave is disabled, forcing you to find a save point that only appears when afflicted.

sick.
it makes it impossible to evade. your accuracy, damage, and defense are all lowered. it can spread through your party and until lategame there is no way to mass cleanse it.

>Messy
Randomly rearranges your inventory every so often.

I'd intentionally get that though

I don't think I can create some worse than FFIX's gallery of horrible statuses like venom,trouble,heat,and freeze

Spider sight
Every so often, a spider will crawl across the screen
There's no warning when it appears, but it doesn't stay for long

When you start the game you immediately have to deal with an unknown contagion that slowly makes your body deteriorate making it harder to even do basic functions. There is no way to remove the ailment, so you have to beat the game with a slowly dying hero.

The game is also a rpg set in a post apocalyptic Australia, with sick cunts roaming the street looking for exotic boipussy to slam. The enemies get tougher as the game progresses.

The ailment also affects your pc/console as it acts like a virus. The virus will destroy your gaming machine unless you are able to beat the game Without dying

I call the ailment "The Pristine Euro-truck starring Nigel Farage"

narcolepsy on diceroll failure
diceroll check every 30 seconds with every success roll raising the difficulty of the next roll
only CON modifiers rolls apply

I swear to god I've seen something like this in a game before. Now I'm not gonna be as happy as I was two minutes ago until I remember what fucking game it was.

This sounds like playing Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup while worshipping Xom.

Captchard

Every 10 steps, you need to complete a Captcha pop up to continue playing.

b-but I'm straight

Hiroshimoot

Fills your screen with virus-filled ads and the antidote is hidden behind a paywall.

>Feminism
every three seconds there's a 50% chance that a loud high pitched squeal will play exclusively on your left speaker
if left untreated, the time between percentage checks starts to decrease and the volume of the sound becomes higher

Zombie

Get it from being auto attacked.
It can only be wiped by the character dying and being rezzed.
Status effect causes the character to attack team mates with a chance of infecting them as well.
If everyone is infected it is considered a defeat.

I need to leave this thread, I know there's that one neopets game where you have to click off ads but I feel like I've seen it somewhere else too.

Silence

Think of the malaria thing from Far Cry 2, make it get in the way more, and make the player have to deal with it more often.

That doesn't sound annoying, it sounds like a decent game idea.

Cancer:
Game gives you cancer.

I'd be alright with this

Running changes your controls
every frame of running randomly changes which direction you will move and what button you have to press

instead of something like burn or poison this is "air sickness" can only happen on plane levels

He INVENT one, not copy Totalbiscuit's.

Add 100% chance of infection from attacks and we're talking fucking annoying.

>Downs

Every button input you do has a 50% chance of not registering.

>smoking: the game

There was a status effect like this in FFT called "bloodsucking" or something that a boss and one monster had if adjacent to a character with a certain skill. It converted a character into a vampire that would only use the blooducking ability and you couldn't control, attacking allies and enemies. If all your guys were vampires you lost.

>Ups
Every attack has a 50% chance of casting twice

aww i shoulda read the thread :/

>it randomly affects you at the start of a new game, and lasts the entire game
>99% of players just end up deleting the save file after learning it's a Downs character

Tourette
Makes the infected finish every dialogue by "and the toilet seat"
Uncurable.

>Retard strength

>boost strength and lowers dex/coordination drastically, make it very difficult or impossible to do things that require finesse or a gentle touch

lol what if when you made a character in a game there was a 6% chance they would get tourettes and shout profanities all game npcs respond to it and are disgusted

It acts like poison but instead of removing health it removes 5% EXP each turn/step on the world map

The only party member with a spell to cure it sucks shit and learns it end-game and items that cure it are rare and can't be bought from merchants

>Brain rot
>Causes your character to spout non-stop about race-mixing, SJWs, cucks, jews, and degeneracy

So the effected characters become animal crossing villagers?

Sup Forums

>the game has a 10% chance of actually letting you play it each day.

Clipped

Randomly makes your character clips through everything including the floor, killing you while you fall

Mother fucker

As soon as you pick up any new piece of equipment you instantly drop the older piece of equipment regardless of stat differences. As soon as you get a new item, you drop any other item. When encountering a new mob, you fight as normal, but any time you encounter a mob you met previously your character throws a tantrum and is incomprehensible.

I call it Horse Blinders.

>Dyslexic

For no explainable reason your character will invert controls and attack themselves at random times, for any amount of time and return back to normal whenever it feels like it.
It's only curable by a craft item that has the primary ingredients separated in two far away areas from each other that only has enough stock for 2 potions everyday.
The game has no fast-traveling.
The infliction rate is 10%

Devolve

Every turn that you have it, you go back a level, losing the stat ups and abilities you learned with that level.

Hard mode: You don't reset to your previous level when it is removed.

Hell mode: Levelling up again doesn't restore the stats or abilities, they are gone forever.

SNES mode: Like hell mode except all the same enemies like the one that infected you get the stats and abilities you lost.

> minor wound
permanently gives you a -1 to your hp, for example if your max hp is 100 and you will always be at 99 or less.
Nothing can cure it.
you can still "heal" because you arent at "full" hp but it will just stay at 99.

Soft Retry

The attack does minimal damage but sends you back to the start.

>Invent

They have already been invented.

>Turn to stone for 3 seconds
>Be blinded and miss all attacks
>Bleed out and lose health

Bonus points: Name the 3 games I got those debuffs from

Shacky hands
you randomly drop your weapons/items and need to reequip

(Not Responding)
Your characters won't respond to any interaction in the game until you force close the game.

Retrogress: status ailment that causes you to lose EXP, levels and special skills gained, for every battle that you win

To heal yourself, you must encounter that same 1/64 chance enemy that gave it to you. If you retrogress to the point of not being able to contend with that dungeon you must go back to past dungeons and battle the equivalent imp type character who gave you the ailment and he will heal you upon defeat. Any lost progress is still lost. Sorry fuckbois. Get to grinding back to where you were!

>illiteracy
Scrambles the letters of all signs, dialogue, inventory item names, and menu options. Lasts until you find a special healer/hospital.

Already exists

Streaker
>at random times your entire equipment is removed and put back into your inventory, forcing you to re-equip it all.

ADHD

50% chance to consume 3x the normal amount of mana when casting spells/special attacks
Movement speed becomes randomized between 1.2x and 2.5x, re-randomizes every 0.75 seconds
Dialogue speed set to just-below-instant and autoskips
Spells that require casting times longer than 2 seconds will be cast automatically after 2 seconds at half strength
If you stand still or stay hovered on one menu item for more than 2 seconds, your character/cursor starts moving in random directions until you take control again
Quest log will have words deleted from it at random, usually adjectives
EXP gains reduced by half
Dexterity requirements for weapons/armor increased by 20% of their normal value
Can be temporarily removed with certain medicine items or permanently removed through doctor assistance

Castlevania: Anything with Medusa-heads
Any JRPG ever made
Any game ever made with RPG elements

Fatigue

If your health gets below 50%, all stats are reduced by 75% percent

Jesus christ those medusa heads. I had forgotten the most annoying status effect already exists.

>Frenzy
"Fuck you"

More people in this thread need to play DCSS or other roguelikes. I can think of several status effects worse than this in DCSS.

Urgency

Inputs of some kind are required from the player at all times. If 10 seconds go by with no controller/keyboard inputs at all, you get an instant game over.

Can only be removed through an item that must be crafted using materials that only spawn once every 24 hours in a random location on the world map.

In rogue legacy there was a trait called nostalgia that did this, it reduced the game to gameboy colors.

Oh yeah that's it. Thanks.

>UPS
95% chance of an item in your inventory turning into a junk item.

Twitchy dick
Whenever you approach someone of the opposite sex your characters stamina gets halved and the screen starts shaking

White-Male-Cis-Scum

If your character has a skin tone lighter than a certain threshold or is male or is heterosexual, you will receive a permanent debuff that reduces your Stats, EXP and Gold you gain by 10% for each of these traits your character has. Stacks for a total of 30% if all 3 traits are available.
You may also not decline trade offers, PvP offers, friend offers nor block or report other players with less of the traits mentioned above than you have.

Walking cut scene.
Replaces all cut scene's with a 10 minute with only character dialogue. There's no skipping it and it can only be progressed by holding forward.

>tfw you get

and

at the same time

Disorient

Inverts mouse axis's and WASD. Forward becomes back, etc.

Full bladder
Occurs from drinking too many potions. Hit chance and speed reduced by 10% per turn to a maximum of 50%.

what is MH on the 3ds with the L shoulder target cam

Sort of exists.

round headed little twat

>lose large chunk of hp
>maybe waste a few healing items
You haven't been playing vidya very long if that's the worst status effect you've ever seen

who is that?

Any status effect that makes you go slow when you just want to hurry the fuck up and get out of wherever you are.

Consolitis.

You are automatically pulled to any chest-high wall you approach, your melee attacks turn into cutscenes, your FOV goes down by 30%, your menus take 3 times as long to navigate through and you better be fucking offline or else it'll cost you $5.

As a plus, you suddenly get suspiciously good at aiming almost as if something was helping you.

Gay.

Charisma speech options only work on other men now.

Do women not catch the gay?

>Literifisency

uY tonac dnusertanu eht egugeid and it activates on random strings of txot os anything you try to read is immediately egurbagg.

Cure? Ahahaha, tawh eruc?

>BR?

Game randomly teleports you to where you were 3 seconds prior.

Haunted Nose
All actions cost money to perform with no benefit
If you run out of money, you die

Chastity belt
Better forget about romances now.

Some enemy replaces your normal equipment with something that has shit stats and looks embarrassing and/or stupid, fixing it requires a long trek to a healer far away. Feel free to invent ideas.

Dunno if any game has done that on those exact terms, but in Dead Rising there were cultists that knocked you out, stripped you out of your inventory and clothes, leaving you to escape some storage room on your underwear. It was annoying as fuck, still bitter about it.

This rattles my OCD in horrific ways.

>Hitting heavy attack combos against blocking or heavy enemies after losing 3/4 stamina will cause 2 second stun, prevent heavy attack and 1/2s light attack damage till getting it treated/bonfire/status heal

I call it Fractures.What do I win?

>Cucked
Your most hated party member marries your waifu.

Getting turned into an eggplant in original Kid Icarus is so annoying that I can't top it.

This actually doesn't make sense because women often actually relate better with gay men

if anything charisma speech options wouldn't work on straight (I.E. most) men

Who the fuck thinks it's clever to program a "confused" status that reverses your directions?

>This actually doesn't make sense because women often actually relate better with gay men
Eh from experience gay men hate women so dunno.