About to play Deus Ex for the first time

About to play Deus Ex for the first time.

Are there any essential Sup Forums approved patches or mods I should install first though?

Other urls found in this thread:

kentie.net/article/dxguide/
moddb.com/mods/new-vision
moddb.com/mods/project-hdtp
youtube.com/watch?v=LbObIAIR3sA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the uninstall wizard

kentie.net/article/dxguide/
Stick with the ambrosia in a warehouse protected by cameras and booby traps.

get the dx10 renderer

Get the GEP gun.

I take it he was agreeable?

For silent takedown

They say for each time someone uninstalls Deus Ex, ten more people reinstall it.

Paul, UNATCO hurt my weenie.

There's been some activity at sea, I'm going to watch the coast

kentie launcher + dx10 renderer

I've got nerves of steel

i like vanilla

i like to make a silent takedown

only got to the pauls aprtment bit, game is too fun and full of shit to do

Your appointment to FEMA should be finalized within the week. I've already discussed the matter with the Senator.

Why is he so handsome?

his vision is augmented

Paul. I thought you were a GEP gun.

Move.

Jesus Christ, JC!

Deus Ex - GMDX

>Not playing vanilla the first time

I'm sure it's not too difficult to change your physical appearance in the future when you have as much money and power as he does.

If it's the Steam version, it runs like ass on modern machines, but on the Steam Deus Ex forums there's a thread which gives a list of performance mods which don't affect anything other than the performance and give you a few more settings options (however the brightness slider doesn't seem to work with the mods). The thread also gives an HD mod should you wish to have it.

Even if it's not the Steam version, check the thread out as I imagine the mods stilll work for the non-Steam version.

OP everyone is spouting memes and not giving you any actual advice.

Just make sure you level up swimming and environmental training as quickly as possible and use the GEP gun to eliminate Manderly

Ignore the memesters and play it vanilla with no guide whatsoever, worst case get a performance mod if it doesn't work properly.

best advice I ever got was play it as an RPG, not a shooter.
Unrelated but if you crouch in front of a mirror, you can see JC's eyes behind his glasses, which is cool

Try not to use a guide. Get the new launcher, and optionally the Dx10 renderer.

You may want to play the training mission, it's the real tutorial of the game.
You're going to have to rebind some keys, the defaults are pretty useless. I recommend binding F12, the flashlight, to an easier to reach button like F or Mouse5.

Play on normal or hard your first time, start the game with EVERY skill as untrained. It starts you with trained pistol anyways but you get to keep the points. Remember you can just keep your points banked up and then spend them whenever as the situation calls for it.

Heh.

New vision
And HDTP
moddb.com/mods/project-hdtp
Little graphic mods that respect the vanilla game.

Someone got a save at Unatco HQ Prison ?
Game keeps crashing at that part for some reason.

downgrade your pistol all the way at the start. The game glitches and will keep it at level 2, while giving you some extra upgrade points.

yes.
its called unistall.exe

Also pressing pause while lockpicking reduce the number of lockpicks needed.

- I scphil my duhrink
- JC Denton in da fresh
- Thats Terror
- Mess you up

It gave me orange, i wanted lemon lime.

Play it completely unmodded. Then get Revision and replay it, until you know every single dialogue option. Have fun.

>Revision

source?

Revision is awesome, suck my dick.

Eve no Oshigoto

Don't abuse this, it really trivializes almost the whole game.

>Fuck over physical copy owners
>Literally downgrade the game by removing effects
>makes a 16 years old game run like shit
Yeah whatever.

>Play it completely unmodded.
First run.
>Then get Revision and replay it
Second.
>GMDX
Third.

Use whatever you feel like for 4th+.
>>Fuck over physical copy owners
Has nothing to do with its quality. They were pretty much forced to do that anyway, blame jewenix.
>>Literally downgrade the game by removing effects
What the hell are you talking about.
>>makes a 16 years old game run like shit
Works on my machine.

>What the hell are you talking about.
You need to lurk more
Beside it edits level and disrespect the vanilla game.

New Vision is enough of a graphic upgrade.

this

Only cunts play their first time through a game with mods.

Also follow this handy leveling guide.

Prod with the prod JC. A silent takedown is always the most silent takedown

What was his end-game?

How come Denton is much more cooler than Jensen no matter how hard he tries?
It really sounds like he doesn't give a shit while Adam just have throat cancer.

My friends and I have talked about this.
It's because JC stays very cool almost the entire time. Very rarely does he get emotional.

Now look at Adam. In the very beginning of the first game where he is introduced, you immediately feel the tension between him and Megan. Adam can still be a badass, but it's in a different sort of way than JC's.

>You need to lurk more
You need to stop being a massive faggot and actually clarify what you're talking about, especially in a suggestion thread.
>Beside it edits levels
That's why no one should use it on the first playthrough. Well, same applies to GMDX and any other medium-to-large scale mod really.
>disrespects the vanilla game
No paths or options were added/removed. That's respectful enough in my book. All the changes are in aesthetics/immersion, HDTP models and the questionable OST can both be toggled on and off.

to be more than a king - a god

>no new deus ex with JC main character

he wanted to be the electronic old man

Anna a qt.

He wanted to finish his nano augmentations, merge with Helios, and then take control of the UC.

He would become the closest thing to a god while purely using technology to get there.
Pretty crazy.

He wanted to be a god uugh.

Any of these graphics mods brighten up the game or let you brighten it more than the vanilla version, started to play it but got annoyed not being able to fucking see anything.

I have a toaster and the game still runs well. Using the way for gog installs probably also works for physical copies, but I don't really care. It's cheap as dirt anyway.

>All the changes are in aesthetics/immersion
I'd argue they add to it. The town hubs are just straight up better than they are in vanilla. Especially Paris. Also a ton of little things like actually hiding the MJ12 base in Hell's Kitchen.

youtube.com/watch?v=LbObIAIR3sA

>I'd argue they add to it. The town hubs are just straight up better than they are in vanilla. Especially Paris. Also a ton of little things like actually hiding the MJ12 base in Hell's Kitchen.
Yeah, I meant that everything they changed doesn't actually affect gameplay. No new vents, no old ones removed, secret passages are all pretty much the same. But aesthetically it's still great, I liked how they hid the Smuggler's Den, made so much sense.
There ARE entirely new paths in NSF HQ (the sewer, mostly) but they're there specifically for the entirely new massive part of the area. And it's fucking glorious. I tried to sanic back out with ballistic armor on and actually just got killed. Same worked in vanilla, in Revision you actually need to put effort into it.

AQUINAS

GMDX

New machine? Get the Deus Exe so it runs perfectly, try to play unmodded the first time.

Vanilla style is just fine.

if you really want high res textures, and maybe get the DX10 renderer and to scale the UI properly

No, none

Don't put points in swimming, to make a silent takedown with a melee button hit them in the lower back, don't go out the window when escaping the apartment, that's about it. Just enjoy the game and explore the shit out of the world.

Revision is really mediocre. The new soundtrack sucks and whoever was leading the project knows nothing about game design. I did play through it, and all I saw was nonsensical changes in the maps that should've never been even considered. All those new areas and modifications in the levels clash with the original aesthetic, and it's really jarring. They also ruined the atmosphere of many areas by changing the lighting to a more vibrant tone.
It's kind of interesting to play, but I'd play it last after all the better mods.