1150 vs 1151

I need to build a budget gaming rig, and I've hit a few bumps. Cash limit is around 600$, I also need all peripherals.

I wanted to go for g3258 and memeclock it to provide cheap and powerful cpu, then when the guy gets enough cash he would just replace the cpu with actual i5.
Then I've hit the issue with ddr4 and ddr3, 1150 doesnt support ddr4, but is it really worth changing atm or is it just gives you a small bump in fps?

The idea was to go with shit cpu and good gpu to be able to play vidya at comfortable 60fps except ubishit games that require 4 threads, replace shit cpu with good cpu later on and have really strong gaming rig.

On the other hand I could build mid range 1151, but the guy would have to get much more money to upgrade and bother with selling his old parts later on, g3258 is worth so little that you can just throw it into the closet.

1150 variant seems better and easier, but its also slightly less futureproof as it doesnt support ddr4 and any future cpus.
Help me decide Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/RwT4NN
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117562&cm_re=6600_intel-_-19-117-562-_-Product
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1N84CZ1343&cm_re=6600k_intel-_-9SIA1N84CZ1343-_-Product
ark.intel.com/products/88196/Intel-Core-i7-6700-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_00-GHz
ark.intel.com/products/88195/Intel-Core-i7-6700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_20-GHz
ark.intel.com/products/88095/Intel-Core-i5-5675C-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_60-GHz
logicalincrements.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Please respond.

sTART WITH A PC PART PICKER LIST AND WE CAN GO FROM THERE.

Don't overclock. Buy the cheapest mobo that has the features you need and then buy an i5. OC won't give any boost in performance at that level, we are talking maximum 5 frames IF the game is CPU intensive and not bottle necked by your other hardware.

Forget OC at the price
i5 is minimum
PSU that specifically meets exact power requirements so you don't overspend
Most expensive GPU affordable no brand is better.
cheapest everything else that meets needs
You better not be overspending on 16gb of ram either, 8 gb is enough and is the most upgradeable thing

1150 and 1151 have no difference yet unless devs purposefully don't optimize for older architecture then you might run into some minor bugs that require tweaking the graphics settings down especially stuff like shadows..

This is the most retarded thing I've read this week.

Been in that situation months ago. Got an 1150 and decided to just upgrade to an i5 4460 and be done with it. Much less annoying than buying a new mainboard

I've did this quickly on the fly because some of the parts i've chosen are not there or have no prices so it obviously doesnt make sense, but I tried to hit the same price range as the parts I had.

pcpartpicker.com/list/RwT4NN

This is the 1150 build with g3258 I had in mind. You could easly oc it to 4,4 ghz (probably not on this mobo but im not going to keep you waiting while i search for good mobo for that) so its enough to pretty much play everything right now maybe not on max settings but for 70$ its really good cpu.

And the 1151 "mid range", well, it would be generic low-mid range, probably i3 and some shitty gpu.

This would be better just chop and change the parts you want.

Just get 8gb of ram and put the 35 dollar savings into an i5.

Change CPU ASAP
Change motherboard ASAP
Always use two RAM sticks at least, and 16GB is needed if you're even gonna play GTAV or other RAM demanding games.
Change SSD ASAP
Remove HDD ASAP
Remove AMD ALWAYS
Don't use expansion starved boards
Don't use non-modular or semi-modular PSU

0/10, all parts had to be removed or replaced by better parts.

Get the cheapest possible variant of everything that's not a CPU or GPU. For example, there are perfectly fine Diablotek PSUs at half the price of Seasonic stuff.

This.

Also forget OC it isn't worth the cost when a cheaper mobo and psu set will result in a better CPU anyway.

The only thing I wanted to oc was the g3258, but its oc'able even on cheap mobos, thats why its so good for budget builds.

The best CPU are the K and 5-series C models, which are made for OC.

So show us a non-OC model that is somehow faster.

It lacks in everything once you use more than two threads.
a 3GHz quad core will beat it even if it's on 5GHz due to the increase in cores and much wider use of more cache memory.
Don't gimp on the CPU or PSU or MOBO.

Always pick CPU-MOBO->GPU and finallize with a PSU that can handle them without going over 60-70% of the PSU rated capacity then work from there.

>So show us a non-OC model that is somehow faster.

any non k i5

non-K have lower base and/or turbo clock than it's K version.

It's slower and it can't OC, waste of money since they often cost the same or so close that it doesn't matter the slightest.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117562&cm_re=6600_intel-_-19-117-562-_-Product
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1N84CZ1343&cm_re=6600k_intel-_-9SIA1N84CZ1343-_-Product

Here it's both the base and turbo clock that is lower on non-K
ark.intel.com/products/88196/Intel-Core-i7-6700-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_00-GHz
ark.intel.com/products/88195/Intel-Core-i7-6700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_20-GHz

Would I notice much of a change if I jumped from an i5-3570k to a i7-4790k? I plan to do so this Holiday season, but CPUs are something I find elusive as far as what I'm actually going to get out of them. Going from 3.4gHz to 4gHz seems strong, but then you guys say OC to something like 4.4 is NOT worth it?? So uncertain...

Do you go under 60fps in games or not? If not, then not.

Sure lets spend $100's more on buying parts because i need a k model and now a mobo that can OC oh and now I have to get a PSU that can handle that too! Oh wow now I can't even afford a GPU :(

why dont you follow the advices of educated gentoomen in here and buy a 2500k ?

according to them it will last at least another 10 years

:^)

Do you have a flagship GPU? Because you get that first before going for i7 or even OC.

I do, but it depends on what game I am playing of course. Although I just noticed I am using an 1155 cpu and was looking at a 1150 cpu. Are 1155 processors weaker generally? My searches are turning up hardly anything over 3.4ghz

Troll option selects like this are just unfunny and unhelpful desu

I have a 970!!

Drop the HDD, use a cheaper case.
Never gimp CPU, since that is needed for everything on the computer.

> My searches are turning up hardly anything over 3.4ghz
My 3570K ran at 4.5GHz without any problems, then got a 4690K for forty bucks, and it too runs at 4.5GHz.

>My 3570K ran at 4.5GHz without any problems, then got a 4690K for forty bucks, and it too runs at 4.5GHz.

Second hand CPU's are probably the best price performance thing to do imo if you are short on cash.

my head spins... 1150 cpus are all from 2014, and 1150 (what I have) are from 2012 and so I FEEL like I should get away from these old hardware.

all the 1155s I'm seeing on newegg are really low speeds, I don't know how you can get 4.5 when all I'm looking at is like 3.1, 3.3 and 3.4gHz

shit stands in place
look at notebooks, they are worse than mid-range cpus from 2009

Don't buy dual core in this day and age - more and more games won't even boot on dual core chips.

Its only temporary, and he wants to run games that support dual core.

Also, what games?
I've only heard about the terrible ubishit games senpai

I don't mean to be rude here, but I have no clue what you are saying. "Shit stands in place" does this mean either that, good CPUs aren't going to go anywhere or they are shit and they're old? ANd look at notebooks? From when? Current? Recent? Look at the processing power of them?

>I don't know how you can get 4.5 when all I'm looking at is like 3.1, 3.3 and 3.4gHz
Overclocking.

1155 is for the sandy and ivy
1150 is haswell
1151 is sky lake

If you have a 3570K your upgrade on that platform will be the 3770K

If you're gonna go for another CPU, save up because you should go DDR4 based if you even consider a new socket.

Sorry, I guess I've derped on my english here.
What I've meant is that nothing groundbreaking is really happening in cpu department, especially in notebooks.

Where does one even get secondhand CPUs? eBay?

I've been trying to hunt down a deal on a meme790K since they're not likely to drop on black friday.

Ah, thanks mate. Sorry for sperging at ya.

Thanks to you too! Some solid info for me to go off.

Consider suicide, you fat virgin unemployed fuck. how many people would mourne if you died? 2? And for how long? People would forget about you within 1 week. You human filth. You waste of resources.

600$ should be enough to make a decen't built without nothing too fancy, just wait for good prices and deals and don't waste money stupidly on a dual core if you're on a tight budget

Its alright except for the GPU part, that's just going full retard

This, if you're not going to do anything with it later its stupid throwing away those $60
Just leave the GPU and extra RAM for last and play with the integrated gpu if you have to

get an i3-4160 lad

>cheap gaymurr

firstly kys
secondly for 600 you can get a skylake bundle deal. current i5/7s will last a decade+ in this stagnant market

if thats too hard for you fuck off, go amd and save money for shit preformance

Adding that you should go i7 really.
The added threads will help in games passively, not only to raise FPS, if any, but to limit fps spikes since more threads that aren't used in the games will instead do the background things.

Windows isn't just one thread that pause when you start a game, it's a whole system running in the background.
that's why you shouldn't cheap out on the CPU since it does everything on your computer.
If you buy a GTX1080 and play on a 2 core CPU you'll gonna limit that GPU so hard that you'd think something is wrong with it.

Oh and this.
use the integrated GPU until you have enough to buy a GPU that is good enough.
iGPU have come a long way and even the old 3570K can play shit games like DOTA and LoL without any problem.

And don't get Half the cache memory than an i5, and almost a third of what an i7 have.

>i7
>budget build
epic

GTAV for example murders dual cores. Off the top of my head battlefield 1 won't boot on a dual core.

There are others but those are the two that spring to mind.

>2016
>dual core

Buy i7, don't have to buy GPU at the same time since iGPU is faster on the i7 compared to the i3 and i5, and buy the card next month.
Yes, it's fucking brilliantly epic.

If if you want a shit system, bottlenecked by the very thing that defines overall performance, sure, it's called a console.

Tell that to developers, not me.

If he could do that he wouldn't be asking for a budget build now would he

>I need to build a budget gaming rig

Devs don't need to be told, actually. You just need to stop listening to memes.

0 or 1
Don't go 0.3

either he gets a CPU and board that is good for gaming (thus needs to be fast enough to handle game and all the windows background processes or he buys a conosle that lags as much as an i3.

>iGPU is faster on the i7 compared to the i3 and i5

Can anybody help me with this? I just bought it yesterday and I don't know why the voltage on my gpu is even reaching these numbers.

Except that's not what he asked for so your advice is literally useless

i3-6100 + RX 470 is the ONLY acceptable budget PC that won't make you miserable as fuck

everything below that is literally just buy a console tier

>i3

Intel 4400 vs Intel 4600 vs Intel 4600 with more cache and bandwitdh

You tell me which is faster.

You don't even have an advice.

>buying a whole PC that needs to replace all parts if he decides to upgrade one of them.
Don't buy the 470, buy a better CPU, get better overall performance, and add a good graphic card later on.

Not him but only in so much the i7 is the faster cpu due to more cache and threads.

Still Intel's igpu tech is years behind AMD's despite the enormous fab advantage. Plus one thing user doesn't realise is Intel's driver is lightyears behind AMD's (and Nvidia but eh, they don't make SoC). Intel is simply not equipped to deal with the sort of shit required on a driver level to actually make games run.

Its another factor into why zen could be epic - bring cpu performance upto par and the igpu will be able to really stretch its stubby little legs.

>You don't even have an advice.

>Hi I'm looking for a budget build
>you: buy a cpu outside of your price range so you wont be able to play anything
Your reading comprehension is abysmal but that's no excuse for giving out shit advice

I don't think its worth it if you're going to cheap out on everything else, a decent i5 is going to do perfectly fine. I'd rather spend those 100$ difference in getting a bit better quality on parts overall

However, it is a good idea if you're getting a decent deal on that i7 (if its second hand or like 1 gen old), and that's exactly what I did on my build

>470 for a 1440p 144hz
Wtf man

Or get a 5675C/5775C
It's basically an i7 but with way better IPC.

ark.intel.com/products/88095/Intel-Core-i5-5675C-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_60-GHz

Lower clock, but as fast as an i7 4790K

>g3258
>powerful cpu
>only ubishit games use 4 threads

I swear Intel keeps supply of broadwell low just to make skylake look good. That huge slab of L4 goes a long, loooooooooong way both for its own igpu and when paired with a dgpu.

This is you
>hurr durr, get a slow shit CPU that is so slow it will bottleneck not only your games but the whole system, oh and get a shit mobo that can't OC so you're stuck on that slow as shit CPU, I want game nao, no wait one month for 3x performance

The 5000 series wasn't meant to be a big consumer series on retail cpu.

But it's IPC and cache do work wonders even with dedicated graphic cards.

Do note that the 5775 runs at much lower MHz than the 4790K

I'd still rather take broadwell over skylake, even factoring in DDR3 vs DDR4. Kaby lake isn't going to change that given it is entirely skylake with higher clocks (straight from Intel themselves).

Ho hum though this is still far beyond the realm OP wanted given the nature of Intel's socket setup. Personally now is a really bad time to do major upgrades unless you have a laser focus on your needs given we are so close to AMD make their next move and the potential that has on the market. Lets say that zen flops - at the very least you now know so and can buy Intel with absolute faith there is no alternative. If zen does well the current high prices of Intel's chips might come crashing and you have basically been jewed because you could not wait.

I know the classic "hurr durr wait forever" angle but rarely do we see big, bold moves in both the cpu and gpu space and for those times when we do caution is the smarter decision.

It really bogs down to Zen.
Though Zen as seen has been going for high performance at low MHz, something Intel did good with the Conroe.

Either way, going DDR3 at this point in any rig is not recommended since that DDR4 you buy now can be used in the future build.

Are you ok?

>Either way, going DDR3 at this point in any rig is not recommended since that DDR4 you buy now can be used in the future build.

Density is a bitch. I'm budgeting out for a balls-to-the-wall zen build and 32gb of highly clocked DDR4 in the here and now costs as much as consumer i7's go for. Sure 32gb is beyond what most people will go for (desu i'm doing it for pure epeen - got to spend my disposable income on something) but still thats a lot of cash for RAM.

>G3258
Meme CPU.
i3 6100 will work much better.

No, not at all.
A new GPU will give you a much bigger performance boost.

>epeen
>AMD
This whole thread is memes.

It's better to buy high end CPU and using that for many years than always having to buy new CPU/motherboard just because you're always buying the cheap low-performance ones.

>It's better to buy high end CPU and using that for many years than always having to buy new CPU/motherboard just because you're always buying the cheap low-performance ones.
In reality that's not better.
Because your dated high-end CPU is missing some extensions or SSE5 instructions, which your new low-end piece already has.
On top of that your overclocked high-end part fails after half of the "many years" forcing you to replace it early.
You always buy exactly what you need a specific point of your time. Don't waste money on "future-proofing", it's worthless.

My 5GHz i7 2700K that is currently on is so failing hard I can't even look at it, even though nothing is wrong with it, it's failing because someone on the internet said so.

To be fair anything thats heavy on AVX2 will murder the 2700k. A lot of intels generational improvements are due to them baking in AVX improvements into the silicon.

Sure, but the high clock speed and more cores makes up for it since I've had it for over 4 years and even then it wasn't really that expensive since I bought it when it had the same price as a 2600k.

>Sure, but the high clock speed and more cores makes up

I doubt thats entirely true but sure, a high clockspeed will mitigate some of the difference. I'm not denying that the 2700k is a great cpu but unless you are getting close to 5ghz the reality is Intel's newer chips are leagues ahead.

logicalincrements.com