Western vs Eastern Marketing

Western
>Spend 100+ Million on CGI Trailer
>Give scrublord Journalist access to an alpha build of the game
>Sell betas
>Spend another 100+ Million for a launch trailer
>Charge 100 dollars for full game
>People bitch and complain because the game isn't what they actually thought it would be

Eastern
>Announce game with trailer (most likely artwork)
>Release gameplay trailer
>live stream/conference showing gameplay
>local events with free stuff and more gameplay
>like the consumers know what they are getting before buying the game
>release launch trailer (most likely the game's opening)
>people don't bitch because they know what they're getting
>people don't buy because they know what the game has to offer

Which do you prefer? If I had to name two companies that are currently doing it right in their respected region.....

West - Blizzard with their Overwatch CGI trailers for the West. There are a lot of people who bought Overwatch without knowing what type of game they were getting simply because the Character design and CGI trailer.
East - Nier Automata for the East. We know what we're getting, what to except on release day. You have been on board the hype train since the beginning. If not, then you've already made it clear that Nier Automata isn't the type of game that interest you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yNmg66B-SSQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sometimes live events backfire.

Like with Back Rose Valkyrie where one of the VAs announced she was pregnant with the kid of the Character Designer (she slept with him to get the role)

The main difference between east and west is that back east all the AAA studios moved into real gaming (gambling) with patchinko. Meanwhile online gambling is much more regulated in the US so that sort of thing isn't possible (especially not after the CSGO mess, which Valve was smart to quickly turn on).

Also it doesn't really matter because all AAA studios are shit now and none of them deserve our money.

That image cherrypicks to high hell. The Jap side needs more moeblobs with anime eyes.

Go suck on a tiny jap cock, weebscum.

>cherrypicking

Yeah, shame everything else about Japan is fucking cancer.

>There are a lot of people who bought Overwatch without knowing what type of game they were getting

Blizzard always streams the fuck out of their games, shills the fuck out of their betas and the streamers playing their betas. Their CGI trailers are just ways to show off the different characters. I don't think anyone could go into the game without knowing it would be a team based shooter with multiple character classes.

If you're going to cherry pick then you should have picked a good cherry like say No Man's Sky. They were extremely vague, never giving any concrete information about the game or what you could do in it.

>The Evil Within
>western

It was made by Shinji Mikami

If he's just talking about what's usually advertised to America/Europe, then it's pretty accurate.

Only weebs and fellow japs care about the massive septic tank of animu games.

Why do weebcucks never stop obsessing over the west?

way do you keep trying to do this over and over most people play both you fucking idiot what are you trying to prove

Is there a westaboo version of this from 2ch?

Reminder that the only companies that make good CGI trailers are Blizzard and Square Enix.

>japppppan
>diversity
LMOA, weebs never learn

we reddit now

Final Fantasy games are often quite diverse, even if the black charcters are kinda racist.

>FFXIII had a black guy who uses two guns and had a fucking chicken living in his afro.

Nigger what? Japs are the kings of showing CGI trailers instead of gameplay. Look at Kojima and Square Enix.

hey i remember that doujin

it's pretty fucked up... "gas detector something something" was its name i believe

Kojima uses in engine cutscenes. Square Enix is correct though

>Drakengard 3 has a beautiful CGI trailer
>Actual game looks like a low end PS2 game despite running at 15 FPS

>MGSV is the epitome of cut content and overpromising through trailers
>Kojima shows off a cool trailer for Death Stranding
>Has to be super mysterious about the gameplay
>"Oh also I haven't decided on a game engine yet so this game is literally a CGI trailer and an idea I have in my head lol"

Wrong.
youtube.com/watch?v=yNmg66B-SSQ