Why is this game so much worse than Guilty Gear?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/kou30c/status/790882381959880705
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I enjoy both

kys

Xrd and CF look night and day.

Blazblue is a cash grab and you know it, otherwise they wouldn't drastically change characters each iteration.

Its really not
But go ahead and list no reason just to start conflict that really isnt needed for eaither game
I play and like both
Not hard to do

I enjoy both but prefer BB. Didn't use to during CS or CT, but CP got some things right, and CF has just been amazing all around.

So now that we've responded to OPs shitty bait, post BB and GG mains

>BB
Mu-12

>GG
Slayer, Jam

Nu-13, all of the day bro.

Last I played, I-no but I really haven't played enough Revelator to be sure.

>BB
Naoto

>GG
Raven

Yeah changing entire movesets and combos is such a great thing.

It's not really that big of a deal if you play all that frequently. Learning new combos and stuff is fun, and it means that they're very open to changing properties and stuff on characters.

I'm fine with minor changes like in Xrd, but overall I prefer the way BB does it between major iterations. There are a bit too big changes in patches and stuff, but between entirely iterations I'm completely fine with it this way.

Teach me how to play Naoto.

GG: Johnny/Bedman
BB: Naoto/Susanoo
WHEN YOU DIEWHERE'S YOUR GOD

>GG
Johnny

>BB
Nine, Hazama

I swear its not a case of tier whoring.

>BB
Rachel

>GG
Venom

I love convoluted projectile setplay

>BB
Lambda no.11
>GG
Drifting between Ky, Jack-O, or Ramlethal, not sure yet

>BB
Haku

>GG
Sol

I don't know why but BB feels so much stiffer than Xrd.

Xrd is so fluid, even when its laggy online I can still block most overheads and most hits in general.

Blazblue? I'm fucking holding back and I'm still getting hit by normal standing moves because I either tried walking backwards a little too early or I accidentally went to block low.

Holy fuck I want to like BB but Xrd is just so, so much more "feel good" to play.

It doesn't help that Blazblue has gone off the deep end with retard characters like Mai and Celica who give absurd amounts of damage based off a few button presses, while characters like Amane, Arakune and Nu/Lambda have to work so fucking hard just to get their combos started.

Different characters have different benefits. Celica is not very good at opening people up, and in exchange Amane is great at it, and Nu/Lambda can punish opponents movements alot heavier. Not everyone wants to do long combos, which is why characters like Hakumen exists. Then you have those who do want to, and you have characters like Izanami for that.

Also don't complain about Arakune, he can literally get full curse off 5A and then get unblockables and shit. He's the most momentum-based character in the game, and gets absurd damage through it since his mixups in Curse is ridiculous. Also his clouds got buffed to hell and back so he doesn't even need to confirm always to get it.

>don't complain about Arakune, he gets rewarded for learning his high skill ceiling

Then again, I'm mainly on netplay so the retard low effort characters can win in lag pretty easily, so I don't even know why I complain.

Anyone really like Active Flow and exceed accel?

As a shitty casual scrub the new systems are fun as hell to me, not sure what more hardcore players think though.

>arakune

GUILTY GEAR NEEDS MORE MAI

Active Flow and Exceed Accel are pretty well-recieved. AF is very good at gauging when you get an advantage, so you get it when you're playing pretty solid. Being able to put yourself in AF through hitting with EA means that you can keep the train running, and gives ODR (Overdrive Raid which is a Guard Cancel through using Overdrive when blocking) an actual consistent apperance in gameplay. It prevents braindead pressure from being as frequent, and it's not like with Baiken in GG where it's free of resources.

They basically did a really good job in making Overdrive a solid mechanic through it, since in CP/CPE it was just "there" as a super mode and a comeback mechanic or damage extender. Since you get it more frequently now, and with EA putting you in AF, you have to use it more smartly. You want to ODC into an EA combo early on to put yourself in AF to get a full Burst meter again and reap as much benefit off it.

On low-level though, you're likely to be frustrated from it by silly things like wake-up OD and stuff, since a 2.2/4k reversal is going to sound pretty overwhelming.

Arakune has a high skill ceiling, but also not a very high skill floor at all. He's a pretty common netplay character overall, since while it's hard to perform is evasion-typed gameplay against good players who know how to deal with him, against others you can just abuse his escape tools and confirm off a single hit to get full Curse and get the train going.

Compare that to someone like Rachel or Carl who have a genuinely high skill floor, to the point where you really won't be able to actually "play" without learning their stuff, and you'll notice the difference.

How is Platinum on CF?

Good, around mid-tier, and has some fun new stuff.
twitter.com/kou30c/status/790882381959880705

>BB
Ragna and Hakumen, sometimes Gorillaman.
>GG
Millia and Pot, sometimes Dandyman.