So, what is it exactly? A handheld, a home console, a tablet? All of them? None?

So, what is it exactly? A handheld, a home console, a tablet? All of them? None?

it's a portable gaming tablet with controller attachments and a dock with HDMI TV out.

/thread

A high powered tablet that can produce 1080p output. Basically, the same concept as the Vita.

Its 1080p potential is dubious at best
It's not much more powerful than the Wii U

Jack of all trades, master of none

A tablet with a really shitty controller

A handheld with an HDMI out

A really bad fucking idea that is going to force them out of the hardware business

[citation needed]

If this thing had come out 6-8 years ago my hype levels would have been of the charts.
It would have been the perfect console for my brothers and I since my parents always took us out on road trips every weekend.
Of course now I'm in college and I have no need for it. Maybe when I have kids and I start taking them out on every weekend I'll get one of these, or maybe tablets will have become powerful enough that I don't need too

They haven't released any specs. But they have said it can do 1080p.

It's the Vita 2 that Sony wont make.

Best emulator machine to date.

Their consolidating the handheld and console into one device. Saves money and broadens market

lets assume that it uses a non modified tegra x2 alright. That puts it at 750 gigaflops compared to the wii u which is at 176. Now the xbox one has 1300 gigaflops so I don't think that the NX will be that slow

It's whatever markets the best in the region you happen to be in

Was about to post this. Switch won't match the current gen consoles, but it will certainly exceed the Wii U by a wide margin. Wii U could do 1080p on less demanding games, I see no reason why switch won't do the same.

they have to sell their first production run still

I wouldn't be surprised if when its docked in it gets a few extra hundred gigaflops of compute power.

Now if they do manage to get it to a single teraflop when in handled mode and have 4 hours of battery that will be very impressive

Its both, you memeing fuck.

A piece of shit.

Honestly I don't care much about graphical upgrade, I feel we plateau in this generation in terms of visuals
is not really noticeable unless you go full these_textures_are_shit.jpg mod and point out the most minuscule shit

I see literally no reason to get PS4 Pro since it seems like the same shit but 4k, not even with performance in mind
I already have a PS4 and don't plan on getting 4k any time soon

anyways the reason I'm actually looking forward to Switch is that Nintendo is actually seemingly focusing on games
thats what they showcased mostly at the switch reveal, just people playing videogames regularly, not a lot of confusing
gimmick shit like in Wii U's reveal which seemed a lot more like a trailer for a controller than a new system itself
still the Switch has shit I hope to be fixed come the the short as time frame for launch, such as joycon options

>anyways the reason I'm actually looking forward to Switch is that Nintendo is actually seemingly focusing on games
You always hear the same fucking thing from the Nintendo fans, and then still end up with shitty libraries like the Wii and Wii U.

when you compare reveals there is a difference

buuuut you would be right if you brought up 3DS
3DS had a good reveal but a very disappoint library overall

A PSP with detachable controllers.

it's their death knell.