How has such a consistently mediocre franchise stayed so popular for so long?

How has such a consistently mediocre franchise stayed so popular for so long?

Autism.
Even the creator of Pokemon had autism himself.

because many people find it to not be mediocre

So it's autism then?

Because people get obsessive about collecting things.

because japs and weebs lack logical comprehension so no matter what they shill they're shit weeb games and products thats why dynasty warrior 8 a 2013 game is still fucking 50 dollars its cause weebs think japan is full of gods and not hacks

This. Same for DOA senran and nep. Weebs will eat any shit their jap overlords peddle to them

Yes, majority of the population have been diagnosticated with autism. Only people dedicating their lives hating on a children's game are 100% sane

they're not mediocre, the majority of the games are great. their main problem is that they're too easy.

Found the autistic pokemon fan

>Shit story every time
>Linear
>hallway level design
>Not a single ounce of difficulty
>Not a single game has ever done anything even a little different

There's nothing great about Pokemon.

complicated battle system
collecting them all
battle/trade with friends

>Rock Paper Scissors
>complicated

And before you bring up "competitive" Pokemon. landorus

>collecting them all

Yeah, waiting for years until a distribution event sure is great!

>battle/trade with friends

How does this fix the terrible GAME though?

it's rock paper scissors with 18 types, and you also have to think about speed, special attack, attack, special defense, defense.

because people other than you like it
just because you don't doesn't mean it's objectively bad

/thread

Jap Apologists are worse than any EA Shill.

>you also have to think about speed, special attack, attack, special defense, defense.

Mega Rayquaza. Genies. All of this shit is inconsequential because only like 1% of Pokemon are viable.

there's no real strategy. You either have a team that can cheese your opponent or you don't

>4 pokemon make the other 700+ irrelevant

People don't like change. Plain and simple. Look at how RE7 gets shitted on for being so different from previous games.

Welcome to "competitive" Pokemon.

Fuckable monsters

Iuno.

People like the cute pokemon and girls

monster collecting is just fun on its own, it really doesn't need anything else to be successful

the thrill of walking though the grass and seeing a new monster, and having that moment of "lol, what the fuck is that thing?" makes it all worthwhile

never underestimate good marketing and nostalgia

So it's autism, then?

Nostalgia isn't a real thing.

so go play a monster collecter that's actually good.

Yes user

Because nips, children and women like cute animals. The fact that Pokemon's western fanbase is >50% female should convince you that it's just casualized garbage like Marvel and Apple. Gamers who liked Pokemon as children have since switched to Shin Megami Tensei to get a similar, but more mature experience.

iuno

>very simple gameplay
>appealing monsters
>anime to grab little kids attention
All there is to it

>tamagotchi
>bakugan
>spectrobes
>medabots
>mega man battle network
>shin megami tensei
>monster rancher
>yu-gi-oh
>digimon
>dragon quest monsters
>yokai watch
>monster hunter stories
>world of final fantasy

How many more "Pokemon Killers" will there be until people realize that Pokemon's dominance is untouchable?

Except competetive Pokemon uses tiers to precisely avoid that.
Every Pokemon is viable - within its tier.

>muh fanmade tiers

Even with your autistic fan-rules, the gameplay is still "Who can use stealth rock first and spam toxic and swap swap swap"

There's no strategy or depth.

Because the core concept of it is just so inherently enjoyable.

GF is incompetent, even the most die hard pokemon fans know this, but pokemon as a concept of elemental monster collecting and exploring is just so good people can't help it

exactly

Beccause as inept as GF is, nobody else has stepped up to the plate and actually presented an expierence that's as foundationally sound as they have

Your only real hope for a better alternative is waiting for Phoenix rising or Sage to come out

shut the fuck up

Atleast phrase your repost differently

>spam stat buff move
>OHKO everyone

wow so competitive and deep

>SMT
>Cyber Sleuth
>World of Final Fantasy

all of the above have better gameplay then pokemon

Kirby is the same but i don't see anyone complaining. Hell the one time it went different people didn't like it.

viral marketing
popular culture
low-entry game that doesn't require any actual skill, dedication or patience to enjoy

>Kirby is the same

Kirby actually changes though. Don't compare it to the pile of slog that is Pokemon

Autism
Nostalgiafags
Nintendrones
Normies

yeah? they didn't kill pokemon though

pic related, you're playing the part of the idiot retard getting destroyed

lol holy fuck. And people want to call this game deep

>the pac-man of JRPGs (simple and casual-friendly before the casual label became a thing)
>on a portable systems, which tend to be more popular
>social game that kids and teenagers can talk about at school
>has the illusion of depth for tourneyfags willing to stretch things into being semi-functional
>some of the most recognizable and iconic characters in all media, particularly for younger generations
>each gen has a combination of hype and butthurt men claiming "hurr, the ones I GREW UP WITH were real", leading to endless discussion and thus promotion
>it's the exact same game with prettier paint and more balanced numbers, meaning that it never loses its accessibility and can rely on the novelty of a few good monster designs out of 100+ each gen

It's not shocking at all, really.

They story is average to great with the exception of XY which was pretty shitty
"Linear" is a description, not a negative or positive
Not really at all there are tons of caves and mazes and shit
Yeah I guess so. I never use items or do ask that minmaxing shit that all of you always do do I never really have a problem with it being too easy. With the exception of XY because of the exp share sharing with all pokemon
They do different shit every game.

You are wrong end yourself

>Spam one attack til you win

this is suppose to be deep?

there's more than one strategy you know
this is just one of many

>They story is average to great

"we wanna do evul stuff with pokeymanz" is not a good story, faggot

Why is Sup Forums upset pokemon is popular?

Er, when did Kirby go substantially different? Did I miss something? (unless we're counting KEY, which was both well-received and not designed as a Kirby game anyway)

contrarians and samefags

easy to get into but there is alot to do and u can find a lot of challenge and depth in some of the games post game content and online battles and each gen has something new but I wish they would keep each new addition instead of scrap it

>swap pokemon a single time
>let the game play itself

damn how deep

>being this retarded

Well what is it? Do you spam stat boots or special moves or status moves or stealth rocks or OHKO moves or switch your mons to win? You guys are not making any sense with your simplistic bashes.
It's almost like a varied and deep game like Pokemon offers several strategies to win.

Quick show me your sun and moon teams

Dunno, maybe he was taking about canvas curse

Pokémon isn't mediocre. It has a certain magic and ephemeral gravity about it that makes it really accessible and easy to enjoy. Most other hunting RPG's cost you a lot of time at no greater convenience other than some few end game perks, but in Pokémon there's always something to do.

>why is this game popular
>omg y u so mad???

You sound upset. How dare anyone question based daddy gamefreak, right user?

> having a team before you even play the game
No

Pokemon does change u memespouting nigger. compare gen 2 to sun and Moon right now hell choose 3 4 or 5 . you're just some bitter faggot who likes to shitpost

>ur kirby

>now u can absorb abilities
>now you have friends
>now you can play as meta knight which is just sword kirby
>now you can fight a thing that shouldn't be in a game for young children
>now you can use a cellphone
>now you're mutilated and artistic(actually different game)
>now you have a bag in yourself
>now you can quote an Italian love song but with Kirby
>now you can play as waddle dee and DDD
>now you can't die but you trasform(actually different game)
>now you can go to the background
>now you can pilot a mech
Eh.

did you not read my post or something?

Mega Rayquaza and Genies.

You already know the answer.

>playing ubers

>walk through hallways
>beat 8 piss easy leaders
>beat piss easy bad guys
>beat a final league

It's the same game every time

What about them?

>Golduck used Ice Beam!

Those aren't real rules

So like Kirby.

>using 2 starters
>using 3 bug types, 2 of which are probably bug/water
>using bewear
why would anyone want to do this

It comes form a genre where a game can only be mediocre at the very best.

>now you can quote an Italian love song but with Kirby

Refresh me please

There are tournaments being played with them, it's as valid as any format.
Unless you're one of those idiots thinking fucking WC doubles are the only legit format.

this bait again?

If you can whittle a game down to its very basic formula, you can make it sound like every video game in a genre is the same.

>There are tournaments being played with them

Not official tourneys. They're irrelevant rules made up by a small group of autists

The problem is EVERY aspect of Pokemon is part of the formula

>Literally answers your question 2 replies in
>being an apologist

Do all autists respond this poorly to having their questions answered?

>no Will-o-Wisp
>or even entry hazards

WEW LAD

>walk through hallways(outside Amazing Mirror)
>beat X piss easy bosses
>beat piss easy DDD shoehorned in game
>beat piss easy final boss
Same game every time.

>americans shitting on comp pokemon when it's the only video game where they actually win

>every kirby game has bosses

no shit.

Try playing monotype battles, like gym leaders against gym leaders. Shit is good.

>Hate what I don't understand
>20k users is small

It's bigger than SF.

What. DW8 is still 50 bucks because Koei are maximum jews. What does that have to do with weebs?

Question mark is ghost owl/wishiwashi/surprise mon

I really really can´t tell. I love the series, the series is the reason I buy a nintendo handheld. I am now, 23 and played since blue. After Gen 3 I played mostly alone, I never even bothered with the battle facilities, because it was just "uh fight fight fight" and EV training / breeding was way too tiresome for me. I never even bothered completing the dex, because I hate grinding. I mostly played the game with my starter and legendaries. But after Gen VI I really want a battle facility, while I didn´t use battle maison that often, because it was kinda boring, I really hope sun moon battle facility will be like frontier or pwt.

Also why the fuck are people crying about the difficulty so much? This game is designed for childern for fucks sake, it should be easy so they won´t get frustated so fast. As a child games are way harder, than for a teenager+. Also I noticed that playing without Exp-share and switch game can be really hard.

>comparing an RPG to a Platformer

Being completely different genres of games doesn't stop Kirby from doing the exact same shit every game, in that order.

>Playing Pokemon/Kirby for the difficulty
You're looking for soup in the clothes store, pal.

Don't say that to me, say it to , i never complained about the difficulty.

>Video games are supposed to be deep or meaningful
Spot the 16 year old soon to be art major.
Find a different medium sport.

Deeper than nothing would be a nice change of pace